Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auction House

(PSN)RonGorzon

I realize that an auction house is likely a common request and that it could disincentivize the purchase of platinum.

My suggestion is to implement an auction house to simplify trades and to include it as part of a monthly fee. I suspect that an *optional* monthly subscription with access to an auction house, included monthly platinum (50), and a bonus mod or blueprint for $9.99 a month would be very popular.

So making the game less f2p, because you would have to pay to get the full game.
This would completely destroy the whole "Ninjas play free" marketing. I don't see DE doing pulling something like that.
And a monthly fee doesn't magically make an auction a better idea. Maybe you could use the search function and read a little bit what was already said concerning that topic.

Edited by WhiteMarker
  • Like 7

vor 42 Minuten schrieb (PS4)RonGorzon:

I suspect that an *optional* monthly subscription with access to an auction house, included monthly platinum (50), and a bonus mod or blueprint for $9.99 a month would be very popular.

And I suspect, that this is the dumbest take on the topic, since I've started reading Warframes forums since mid 2013.

The answers to this suggestion are shortsighted. From a UI perspective, a trading system is a no-brainer. All other MMOs have one. The only reason I can see that Warframe does not have one is because it would disincentivize their monetization model.

Instead of thoughtlessly shooting from the hip, say something meaningful to add to the discussion. Perhaps a monthly subscription isn't the answer, but perhaps there's another solution. There's no shortage of garbage on the internet. Don't add to it.

I have a viable and promising solution that doesn't entail monthly fees, required expenses and would promote monetization for DE: have an auction house with a tax in platinum.

1. Maroo's could still have off-market trades that taxes in credits. Players are still welcome to use the cumbersome search interface and trade channel to exchange goods.

2. Maroo's could additionally have an auction-house or market that organizes trades with taxes in platinum. For example, a 100 platinum trade could have a tax of 10 platinum, and a 5 platinum trade could have a tax of 1 platinum. You would post your wares on the auction house, and people would buy them in platinum with a platinum tax. Don't want to use it? Use the existing off-market trade.

3. This solution would be very useful to players while deinflating the platinum economy for DE. It's win-win.

Absolutely 0 monetization loss from an in-game trading system. Incorporating some kind of Corpus themed cashgrab of an Auction House, would be easy and likely reuse existing models and textures. 
Any excuses that don't include Chinese investment company pressure, is just horsecrap. Who's buying platinum for $200 US dollars? Who's giving out 4K Platinum(or more) a week and Prime Access packs for free?

Not this guy.
But would bringing basic common sense additions like Clan shops or "auction houses" get more people to log in, play Warframe and buy that plat? Not for people like me, who want a specific product from an online retailer of digital only goods, without digital currency buy-in scams.

Edited by Morthal

3 hours ago, (PS4)RonGorzon said:

2. Maroo's could additionally have an auction-house or market that organizes trades with taxes in platinum. For example, a 100 platinum trade could have a tax of 10 platinum, and a 5 platinum trade could have a tax of 1 platinum. You would post your wares on the auction house, and people would buy them in platinum with a platinum tax. Don't want to use it? Use the existing off-market trade.

Since it keeps needing to be brought up, DE have said explicitly that they're not gonna do passive trading. There HAS to be some form a player to player interaction for DE to consider the suggestion, not just clicking on a button and then getting plat.

20 minutes ago, Atsia said:

Since it keeps needing to be brought up, DE have said explicitly that they're not gonna do passive trading. There HAS to be some form a player to player interaction for DE to consider the suggestion, not just clicking on a button and then getting plat.

It's a bad position that they hold, though. The barter system market is one of the worst trading systems in any game.

Edited by FrostDragoon

6 hours ago, (PS4)RonGorzon said:

Instead of thoughtlessly shooting from the hip, say something meaningful to add to the discussion. Perhaps a monthly subscription isn't the answer, but perhaps there's another solution. There's no shortage of garbage on the internet. Don't add to it.

We said enough meaningful things, e.g. use the search function.
You didn't add anything new to the whole "auction house topic". So we don't have to rewind everything that was already said. You have to search for it, read about it, and then try to come up with something new on this topic.

Then again you asked nicely (yeah... no... you did not). So I will let you in on something.
You coming up with the idea of an auction house doesn't make you a genius. It doesn't really need much to come up with that idea. DE themselves came up with it and decided against it. So what makes you think that you can come up with something to convince DE to implement an auction house?

• Like 1

WhiteMarker: People are compelled to do things by discussion and argumentation. Welcome to the real world. This works regardless of previous positions and established stances. You can accept the status quo, but the fact of the matter is that Warframe is poorly designed in important and fundamental ways. Wanting to improve it is a goal I would think we all share.

It's also fine that this has been discussed ad nauseam before. If you don't have anything useful to add to an existing topic, don't post.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)RonGorzon said:

If you don't have anything useful to add to an existing topic, don't post.

So why did you make this topic then? You have nothing to add to it either.

So how about you come up with an auction house idea that involves player interaction, because that is what DE wants.
Or just follow your own advice and stop posting.

I've made 2 suggestions, and you simply told me to use the search function--which is not a solution.

This is obviously a waste of energy. I have better things to do than to debate posting decorum with a rando on the internet. I'll stop using this forum and play something else.

ps: I'm an academic, and I know for a fact that it's possible to make the world a better place through discussion. The necessary first step is to have constructive conversation and to offer solutions rather than dwell on problems.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)RonGorzon said:

I've made 2 suggestions, and you simply told me to use the search function--which is not a solution.

This is obviously a waste of energy. I have better things to do than to debate posting decorum with a rando on the internet. I'll stop using this forum and play something else.

ps: I'm an academic, and I know for a fact that it's possible to make the world a better place through discussion. The necessary first step is to have constructive conversation and to offer solutions rather than dwell on problems.

Oh, god... another "Liberal Arts" major. F*k me.

Nobody is disputing the value of discussion. We are saying that your posts aren't adding anything to the current discussions on the topic. As an "academic," you should be among the first to jump on that Search feature so you can do your research BEFORE spouting your opinions on the matter. Nobody here takes you seriously because your ignorance on the subject is plain for all to see.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)RonGorzon said:

Two suggestions that aren't really solutions.
A credit tax? Who cares about credits? Aside from low levels...
After some time of playing the game everyone has endless amounts of credits. That's not a good suggestion at all.
And a plat tax? Who cares about that? In the end it's just a slightly higher price. That's all there is to it.

Both your suggestions don't solve the issues a auction house would bring to the game.
You simply don't know the full extent of bringing an auction house into the game. That's why I told you to use the search function and do some research before making your thread.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)RonGorzon said:

ps: I'm an academic

If you were an academic, you would know that you have to do some research before starting a discussion.
So please, don't lie to us...

29 minutes ago, (PS4)RonGorzon said:

I know for a fact that it's possible to make the world a better place through discussion.

*Looks at the world burning*
Bold statement.

35 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

Nobody is disputing the value of discussion. We are saying that your posts aren't adding anything to the current discussions on the topic. As an "academic," you should be among the first to jump on that Search feature so you can do your research BEFORE spouting your opinions on the matter. Nobody here takes you seriously because your ignorance on the subject is plain for all to see.

The problem with suggesting players do a search before suggesting an Auction House is that what this search will reveal... Is people suggesting that you search before suggesting an auction house. I've been on these forums for a year now, and I don't recall seeing an Auction House thread that wasn't made up of predominantly "No!" and "Use search." I've yet to see an originator thread where the arguments are actually addressed. The only times I've seen real substantive discussion on the matter is when myself or others push for it through two pages of glib remarks until someone actually bothers to propose a counter-argument.

Here's a suggestion - if it bothers you that much that people ask the same question over and over again, write a comprehensive response. Now save that to a text file, maybe upload it to Dropbox or Sky or Google Docs or whatever. Next time someone makes the same suggestion, copy-paste that response. Or alternately, start a thread on the matter, bookmark it and drop a link next time another suggestion comes up. Responding with "No, and you go figure out why not" is unproductive.

3 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

I've been on these forums for a year now, and I don't recall seeing an Auction House thread that wasn't made up of predominantly "No!" and "Use search." I've yet to see an originator thread where the arguments are actually addressed.

A quick search revealed the following thread with 13 pages. I didn't read trough it, but it's highly unlikely that everything in said thread is spam.
So really, "Search function" seems to be a valid answer to these threads. It didn't even take me 5 minutes to find this thread. óÒ