Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platinum Discounts - No More?

WolfySoul

So I thought that was just my imagination but after 3 weeks of not receiving platinum discounts I need to confirm this - is anyone getting them or did DEs remove it from the game? If this is true - it is a very, very bad move. The only time when I bought platinum was when I received the discount (my friends did the same). But now... The cash-platinum rate is too low so I will never buy platinum without a discount... Guess that works for other players too. With the game constantly becoming more and more demanding for Market things like Formas and Reactors/Catalysts it is nearly impossible to progress further without platinum.

Edited by nano5hell

You still get them however I think they are a terrible system, it encourages people to not buy plat, I think that they should be removed or perhaps only on events or Christmas/Hanuka/Kwanzaa/whatever you equivalent is and DE should just make the prices reasonable, the only frames worth buying are the starter ones for £4 each, but they are not nearly the best or most interesting. Also some weapons cost around £16! That is just pure idiocy. DE should makes prices fair and remove the discounts so that everybody gets good and fair prices and DE isn't robbed in some cases. (25p for a potato?)

Forma is bountifull from T3 void runs, i'm sitting on 27 blueprints and 13 cooked formas and still not finding mag prime systems.

Coupons are very rare though. i never got 75% off only 25% twice despite playing for quite long time.

Edited by Morgax

They're more frequent on the day one rewards. 

They should really make the plat discounts for the 7 day log-in reward only...as of now one seems to only obtain them from  day 1 and 3 rewards...

That really doesn't make sense from a business standpoint. 

I'd argue the platinum discount rewards are more frequent on the day 1 rewards because players coming back after a break will get the discount and think "why the hell not?".

Players who log in for 7 days in a row are arguably less likely to buy platinum in general, because they're iwlling to dedicate so much time to playing. 

Edited by HailCreation

They're more frequent on the day one rewards. 

That really doesn't make sense from a business standpoint. 

I'd argue the platinum discount rewards are more frequent on the day 1 rewards because players coming back after a break will get the discount and think "why the hell not?".

Players who log in for 7 days in a row are arguably less likely to buy platinum in general, because they're iwlling to dedicate so much time to playing. 

One could also see it from another viewpoint...dedicated members are more likely to invest into some plat...I know there are several in this category (not saying you're wrong, just that there is more than one to this).

Got one on Tuesday night.  Like I mentioned in another post, it just happened to occur after I made another transaction for plat.....

I actually got a 50% off on the day I decided to buy more plat. Ended up actually spending more than I planned but that's just how much I like throwing money at DE for this game.

You still get them however I think they are a terrible system, it encourages people to not buy plat, I think that they should be removed or perhaps only on events or Christmas/Hanuka/Kwanzaa/whatever you equivalent is and DE should just make the prices reasonable, the only frames worth buying are the starter ones for £4 each, but they are not nearly the best or most interesting. Also some weapons cost around £16! That is just pure idiocy. DE should makes prices fair and remove the discounts so that everybody gets good and fair prices and DE isn't robbed in some cases. (25p for a potato?)

i must agree. i don't like throwing money around if i don't have to, i spend it wisely. 

the prices of Platinum without discounts, makes the items sound very expensive.

~$1.33 USD for a Potato? o.0

and ~$35 for some Warframes and guns? o.0!

i approve of supporting Developers i like, but that makes me unable to unless i can get Platinum for large discounts. i can't mentally justify those prices and click Purchase.

that being said, i have been able to obtain Platinum for prices which i can live with for the entire duration of Warframes' existence, so maybe it's not actually an issue.

Edited by taiiat

Here's a tip to get Platinum discounts.

Wait a day without logging in to receive your daily reward.

After that, your timer will be reset to day 1.

You now have a much more probable chance of recieving plat bonuses, thanks to less rewards on the table.