Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Content Proposal] The Competitive PVEVP Content {Response to Devstream 131}

FoxFX

22 hours ago, BLI7Z said:

Why always compare Warframe to Destiny 2?

Destiny has a more like Borderlands/Titanfall 2 gameplay, but with very childish music and graphics. 

Warframe has a totally different gamestyle, concept and ambience.

Just go play Destinycrap 2 and stop trying to ruin Warframe for the rest of us. 

Do you understand the context of the article? I don't think you get what I have been trying to point out.

As a mutation, I'd suggest a gauntlet style run. Linear progression of rooms, clear a room to unlock the next, enemies get harder and harder. Two people/teams compete in parallel gauntlets, clearing certain rooms first (every tenth one or so) gives a bonus and buff, to balance it the corresponding room in the other team's gauntlet is cleared automatically. Some rooms have side rooms or consoles that summon mini bosses in the other team's equivalent room (balanced by having to slow down to activate it). Either endless, set timer with rooms extending time, set number of rooms, or set score goal. Fairly open mid size rooms with little cover to not interrupt the flow too much. Rooms can have various hazards/traps.

Thoughts?

On 2019-11-10 at 10:43 PM, GruntBlender said:

As a mutation, I'd suggest a gauntlet style run. Linear progression of rooms, clear a room to unlock the next, enemies get harder and harder. Two people/teams compete in parallel gauntlets, clearing certain rooms first (every tenth one or so) gives a bonus and buff, to balance it the corresponding room in the other team's gauntlet is cleared automatically. Some rooms have side rooms or consoles that summon mini bosses in the other team's equivalent room (balanced by having to slow down to activate it). Either endless, set timer with rooms extending time, set number of rooms, or set score goal. Fairly open mid size rooms with little cover to not interrupt the flow too much. Rooms can have various hazards/traps.

Thoughts?

The possibilities for this is there for a gauntlet. I'd like to see what others would think about it though. It is a rather interesting add-on. Will add to the OP soon.

I'm looking deeper into the Kuva Lich System for something of a critique on it. I can affirm that I wouldn't recommend that type of content in this particular proposed idea here.

Will still be updating the Fan Concept link to this.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I made this concept and proposal as an idea for a sustainable content for this game. Warframe has always excelled in PVE, but I felt with the way things are, there can be avenues to twist around how we can take that PVE strength into a more interesting angle.

I am still in deep thought on the video from Rehtaelius.

First of all, I had already proposed changes to the Conclave system in the past, but mysteriously these posts have now disappeared ...

I had proposed a system of 7 challenges PVEVP that would bring up the ascension halls ...

Since you proposed the idea again, I try to remember them (thanks DE for having deleted my posts)...

Agility: forgotten...

Collaboration: Lunaro

Cunning: Cephalon capture with some variations, but could easily be changed with your "Gambit" idea...

Endurance: Two squad against infinite horde of spawing enemies... The ones that defend for more time the territory, win

Power: An Index variation only with arbritation drone and opticors (not a great idea, I have to admit)

Speed: parkour challenge... 5 min of infinite tileset progression, who goes further, win...

Stealth: Hide and seek between to squad in two different maps (two hunter and 1 prey)...

obviously I had better written the game modes, but it's all gone (thanks again DE)...

@FoxFX If you are interested, we could try to combine brains to better define game modes, perhaps by inserting these challenges into your coliseum (my starting idea was that of the Greco-Roman competitions)

On 2020-01-29 at 3:58 AM, (PS4)Tekikko said:

First of all, I had already proposed changes to the Conclave system in the past, but mysteriously these posts have now disappeared ...

I had proposed a system of 7 challenges PVEVP that would bring up the ascension halls ...

Since you proposed the idea again, I try to remember them (thanks DE for having deleted my posts)...

Agility: forgotten...

Collaboration: Lunaro

Cunning: Cephalon capture with some variations, but could easily be changed with your "Gambit" idea...

Endurance: Two squad against infinite horde of spawing enemies... The ones that defend for more time the territory, win

Power: An Index variation only with arbritation drone and opticors (not a great idea, I have to admit)

Speed: parkour challenge... 5 min of infinite tileset progression, who goes further, win...

Stealth: Hide and seek between to squad in two different maps (two hunter and 1 prey)...

obviously I had better written the game modes, but it's all gone (thanks again DE)...

@FoxFX If you are interested, we could try to combine brains to better define game modes, perhaps by inserting these challenges into your coliseum (my starting idea was that of the Greco-Roman competitions)

I'd leave that to time. My recent posts had some replies off the thread outright denouncing the idea.

23 hours ago, Mephane said:

I want nothing whatsoever PvP or PvP-PvE hybrid in Warframe. Destiny 2 in particular is a horrible game to draw comparisons from because it almost forces you to play PvP whether you want it or not.

I don't think you understood the majority of the proposed idea this is.