Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinels need to be able to use link hp/shield/armor mods

(PSN)Chaosvexus

I believe we need to have sentinels to be able to equip link armor link health and link shield mods as this would help them greatly in higher level missions and maybe a auto heal mod exclusively for them and  moas that is a combo mod that has shield n health regen but slightly  better than medi pet kit mod but like i said exclusively for sents and moa pets. Also de PLEASE give us some fashion frame for our moas lke exclusive ones or more sentinel fashion and more variations newer fashion for them as well this would also make hem more variable 

• Like 1

Why, this game is easy and you want to be even more powerful?

Also "Higher Level Mission" (lol), I have make a 6hr MOT SOLO with unmodded weapons with a Unformaed Banshee (I don't like Formaing Frames, don't see a use for that), that is considered "higher lvl mission" , and I don't think you have gone that far, what do you consider "higher lvl mission", lvl 30 enemies?

Seriously if you want to be More powerful there needs to be a place where you can use it (looking at you eximus slots for weapons).

On 2019-10-12 at 12:21 AM, DOOMPATRIOT said:

-snip-

1) You’re not fooling anyone and no one actually believes you.

2) Level 80-100 enemies (as you would find in sorries or arbitrations) are very difficult to fight if you’re not using some ridiculous cheese. Y’all seem to forget what it’s like to actually play the game without borderline exploits.

• Like 4

Self-aggrandising bragging aside - I agree. Allowing Sentinels to use Link modes makes sense. Moa pets already use a combination of Sentinel and Beast mods as it is and those work fairly well. I see no reason why other Robotic pets can't do the same.

Sentinels are a quality of life tool. Yes, they have guns and abilities, whatever. Far more importantly, they have Vacuum and Animal Instinct mods. Losing a Sentinel because the game dropped an Emissary spawn on you means having no loot detection for the rest of the mission and having to step on loot to pick it up, which is inconvenient and annoying. I've said this many times - let Sentinels respawn on their own after some amount of time after death, then let Regeneration mods speed that up.

This isn't power creep. This is removing an annoyance which serves no purpose but to be annoying.

Link mods only exist because companions are walking bullet magnets that need big numbers to survive anything over level 20 for longer than ten seconds. Sentinels don't need them because Sentinels rarely attract as much attention from enemies, they're usually only damaged by AoE attacks in my experience. Giving them the Link mods would render the standard +Health +Shield +Armor mods almost totally worthless, and give these tiny robots ludicrously big numbers that they don't even really need outside of "ludicrously big numbers" gameplay.

9 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

Losing a Sentinel because the game dropped an Emissary spawn on you means having no loot detection for the rest of the mission and having to step on loot to pick it up, which is inconvenient and annoying.

I can relate very strongly to this but I chalk that up to design flaws in the Zealots than in the Sentinels. I hate those guys so much and I can't wait for Nightwave to end so I can actually run with my weaker weapons I want to level up without having to carry a pocket nuke in low-level missions.

13 hours ago, (NSW)ToadBlue said:

I can relate very strongly to this but I chalk that up to design flaws in the Zealots than in the Sentinels. I hate those guys so much and I can't wait for Nightwave to end so I can actually run with my weaker weapons I want to level up without having to carry a pocket nuke in low-level missions.

Zealots are the most obvious example, but hardly the only one. Just about everything in Orb Vallis will murder your Sentinel, from Coil Drives to Dropships plenty of random stuff with explosives. Infested are pretty brutal on Sentinels, as well. As you pointed out - anything with AoE damage will strip the Sentinel off of you. I use a Carrier Prime, basically the tankiest of the Sentinels with a Prime Regen mod and I still end up losing it fairly often just because of the amount of damage my Inaros tends to eat on a regular basis. I also lose my Sentinel a lot when switching to my Operator - my Warframe might become invulnerable, but the Sentinel does not - it keeps shooting and attracting return fire.

My point, though, wasn't really about how easy Sentinels are to lose. Rather, it was about how unfun the game is when you DO lose them, which has the knock-on effect of discouraging longer runs. This is why I propose Sentinels regenerating on a cooldown with Regen mods shortening that cooldown. Yes, it means you'll end up spending time without your Sentinel, but it also means you'll eventually get it back. On a long mission, that can be invaluable. I honestly fail to see what the downside is to such a change.