Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Tech: Why Only 70 Xp On Kill?

MaxImpact

I've wondered this too. It was likely an oversight that still hasn't been fixed. I've asked Rebecca why all of the affinity values are nonsense and why the scaling is so bad, and she replied with wondering why as well. Then I messaged Steve about it and never got an answer.

Affinity : Grienners > Infesteds > Corpus.

really is really bad idea  to do corpus mission to level up stuff (same spawn rate than grienner and more damage/less health and exp)

I know that, I was just wondering why Techs gave only 70 affinity in general, I don't do Corpus defense for XP.

Techs are harder than Grineer Commanders, by a longshot. Grineer Commanders are slightly tougher with their shields and armor, but their gun does nowhere near the damage a Tech's does, and the only annoying thing he can do is Switch Teleport (which does nothing once you get in close to him).

However, Corpus Techs have a lot of health (5x+ what a Crewman has), his Supra will kill you in seconds as it does at least 5x the DPS the crewman's Dera does, and he deploys lots of Shield Bots, repeatedly.

He should be worth a lot more than 70xp.

I mean, cmon, Shockwave Moas are about as tough as a piece of cardboard, they run up to you in melee and they do a slow leg-lift before they finally stomp the ground and they give 250+.

Corpus Techs should give at least 180, if not 200 base XP to match their difficulty.

Edited by Xylia

Affinity : Grienners > Infesteds > Corpus.

really is really bad idea  to do corpus mission to level up stuff (same spawn rate than grienner and more damage/less health and exp)

In high level planets, the Corpus are a very efficient way to level gear up. There are tons of Shockwave MOAs' and a good variety of Mine and Leech ospreys which give a rather impressive amount of affinity.

This isn't a huge thing, but I'm just wondering, since Techs are some of the tougher heavy units for new players. I mean, they're tougher than Grineer Commanders, but when you kill them you get 170-220 XP from them.

Space Magic.

Or bad/buggy programming, your choice.