Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks to DE for all the QoL improvements

Graavarg

Just wanted to say thank you for the QoL changes lately implemented:

• Daikyu is now the glorious, awesome bow it was always meant to be, just love using it. Was on my top three wishlist (as "Daikyu Prime"). Also love the comments I get ("why are you bringing a bow to...") 🙂 
  • I've been riven-limited for along time, just destroying or giving rivens away, now I can finally play around with builds for 30 more non-META weapons, which is a huge QoL increase (for me). 120 won't be enough anymore though, approaching the new limit (too) fast. But another thing on my top three wishlist fixed...
  • Aura forma is a fundamental change that opens up new builds (or sub-builds) for many of the warframes, and we even got new auras to match. Disrespecting this change just shows how dumb you are, in my opinion.
  • Disruption is actually, well... ...fun. Not that hard, but it is different enough to play around with warframes and builds (or you can bring any of your meta-builds and do just fine). Playing around with stuff is most of what is left when you come to a certain point, so thanks!
  • Arbitration is now really meaningful again, partly due to the new drops but especially due to Vitus Essence and the Arbiters' shop. Hopefully The Arbiters will decide to make even more stuff available...
  • The interface changes are really for the better, though it took a while to get used to them. And btw, so was the melee vs primary/secondary change, hated that one at first, now I continuously switch weapons and can't imagine a world where it wouldn't be possible.
  • Nightwave becomes better and better, hopefully it is here to stay. Logging in and doing the weeklies and dailies became a way of playing for me, and trying to maximize the rewards (fixing 2 or more bonuses by selecting the right missions) is a fun little mini-challenge.

And that is not all, more is coming:

• I've dusted of Vauban about once a month for ages, then after an hour or two put him back in the cupboard, with a heavy heart. He is irritatingly only almost good enough to play, and in my opinion the warframe with the smallest gap between "aaargh, meh" and greatness. That might now change completely, as the suggested changes seem to push him into glory territory. Ember's new abilities are really interesting, but I will seriously miss WoF. Had a total blast last week with Ember, WoF, Silva & Aegis and the new Amalgam Javlok mod. 
  • There is a new kavat coming. Empyrean is creeping closer. Melee 3.0 will soon (?) be here as well. Exilus slots will become available on primary and secondary weapons (and melee later?). Two of my all-time favourites will be primed shortly, Ivara Prime (maybe next?) and Inaros Prime. Wow! Yikes!

There are also a few QoL things I am hoping for:

• The option to have both one Kavat and one Kubrow "active". The extra seconds it takes to store and retrieve pets means that you don't change pets even when you should/could, which simply (and sadly) diminishes pets overall. The optimal solution would of course be to be able to select any pet for the next mission (as with sentinels and moas), regardless of which one roams your "home". And while focusing on pets, since Tennos are able to utilize spaceships, maybe someone could engineer an automated injection system (for pet anti-"degrading"). I don't mind paying credits and filling it up (with up to 30 doses, or something), but having to manually administer it is...  ...not optimal. And a pet exilus slot (or equivalent) would be glorious, if you want a functional "fighting" pet you have to leave the radar mods out, and that sux (a little 🙂).
  • The option to use differently forma'ed builds of the same warframe. Would be easy to implement together with the new addable D, E, F-versions (just a function to "from here on" separate forma use on a specific build slot). While it isn't a huge problem building two or several copies of the same warframe, it is irritating having to switch around, especially since the amount of active warframe slots are limited.
  • Channeling needs a slight do-over. The most irritating thing in the game right now (for me) is channeling breaking when bullet jumping and pressing "aim" to glide through the air (this temporary equips your primary/secondary and shuts channelling down). Combined with it being quite hard to actually know if you are channelling or not (unless killing enemies), this sux. Would it be possible to leave channelling "always on" until the player actually shuts it "off", so that whatever you do it would be "on" when you re-equip your melee. And either increase the visible effects (a lot), or add an indicator in the HUD, or both.
  • Regarding Nightwave again, I really miss the harder challenges (1 hour kuva etc.), and would actually like even harder ones. Also don't like being locked out from rewards for weeks (after reaching bonus lvl 30) simply due to only doing all challenges in the order they appear. I think this (rendering Nightwave meaningless for several weeks) contradicts the idea of Nightwave as something that is "always there" (in one form or another) => maybe allow us to collect credits "unlimitedly"? It doesn't feel as if getting more of the "15 credits per level" would break the game...
  • Would it be possible to increase the number of warframe slots to the actual number of warframes (counting each standard/primed pair as one)? If you have many or all warframes, you are now forced to put a few of them out into the cold (= not showing up in the new interface with the other ones)...
Edited by Graavarg

22 minutes ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

i actually really enjoy disruption, i just wish Apollo was more active so i can farm Lua Lens with some help

i have a cat named apollo and he is lazy af, so yeah i agree with you that apollo should be more active

Aura forma IMO are the worst possible implementation of a multi polarity system, appended to the least relevant slot (possibly by intent for initial testing) in the game. 

Firstly we need to understand why everyone and their dog uses Corrosive projection? Quite simply put it is the only Aura in the game that has an all be it very niche use case. That being to counter how stupid Armor scaling gets real stupid during (and this is important) protracted endless missions. For the whole of the starchart up through sorties.... it really doesn't matter what aura you take but because of that one instance of "maybe you might possibly need it if you spend like 3hrs in a survival" people default to CP because again Auras are largely irreverent outside of the bonus points they give to your build. 

Now back to why Aura Forma are a bad implementation of a multi polarity system.... 

Now personally I give exactly zero heccs about spending three hours of my life skulking around a survival mission so corrosive projection by and large means nothing to me. That said out of all of my frames one UND ONLY VUN frame actually really benefits from multiple builds that include multiple auras and she is Nova. 

For everything else I'm going to pick one Aura that I feel most benefits that frame and stick with it.... cause much like the Bane mods, I personally can't be bothered futzing around changing out Auras every other mission for the minuscule benefit they might glean. Especially when I'm going to wipe the floor with everything either way. Frankly that level of micromanagement is tedious and I ain't doin it, not for the minimal benefit you glean from Auras. Hell I won't even do it for bane mods and will likely continue to not bother with bane mods even after we can purchase additional weapon/frame configs**

Back to Nova, of the three(?) auras I use with her, two of which are the same polarity and the third while being mispolarized... really doesn't effect the build because I've got the mod points to spare. So if I was so inclined to add any additional polarities to her Aura slot I would be adding exactly one, not the four that the Aura forma thrusts onto you (maybe five since it isn't clear if it counts Umbral polarities seeing as it touts itself as universal, since none of those exist). All for the low low cost of four heccin' forma. 

So you're looking down the barrel of Four days of building the Forma, then an additional day for building the AUra forma..... all for two additional polarities that I'm at present never going to use and a third that might not even be supported..... no heccin thanks. 

Now if you want a QoL update involving multi-polarity it would come in the form of an iterative system where we could use existing forma to add new polarities to existing slots instead of replacing them. Full stop that would be the biggest QoL update in Warframe history. 

The kicker there is that Aura Forma or their ilk wouldn't' be entirely outmoded in an iterative system because they can potentially save the player playtime by proxy of adding multiple polarities in one leveling cycle instead of four (possibly five?). Should the player actually be interested in those additional polarities with regards to their intended build. 

It even caters to the "I've got nothing to do" and "memelords" because every forma you add to your build up to 40 (possibly 50 with Umbral?) gives you some value in the form of potential build options. Note that I said build options and not power or power creep and that is because in the current system we have already hit peak power/power creep. An iterative multi polarity system only adds the potential for increasing build variety. In no short part because it finally stops punishing players for trying something that isn't stopping at the min/maxed peak power build,. Which is what the current system does and an "All or Nothing" system continues to do by proxy of being super wasteful in instances where all you want is one more polarity not three(? umbral) in that slot that you're never going to use. 

tl;dr

I don't consider the Aura Forma to be a QoL update. 

**For DEs sake I really hope those are per account and not per weapon/frame cause if it's per gear item that's going to go over pretty darn poorly. Just sayin' 

Edited by Oreades

Thanks for replying. I just do not agree, about Aura forma that is.

Mindless meta is, in my opinion, the most boring part of Warframe. It not only locks down builds, it locks the mind of players. It even infests forums, and affects new players. And all the locked minds misses out on quite a lot in Warframe, and it is a fairly common reason to stop playing. If your only goal is to "max" the builds of a few warframes and weapons, what else is then left after you have done that and can easily beat anything the game throws at you? If the answer is "nothing", well...

It is quite true that Aura forma bring nothing to meta-fixated players, but it is equally true that they bring a lot to players with open minds, that like to play around with builds, combos and setups. And this is not just an opinion, it is the hard logical and mathematical truth. The first kind of player just need a single forma (at the most) to achieve his meta build, regardless of if it his own or something gleaned/copied from the net. The second kind of player can use one aura forma to open up the warframe for all available aura mods, and while it costs four forma (to craft) it is forever open after applying it. That, my friend, is close to the basic definition of QoL. I will probably Aura forma more half of my warframes, just be able to play around with them a little bit more (and I have them all). Aura forma might not be QoL for everyone, but it sure as h*ll is QoL for me. Big time.

As to why so many use CP all the time, that is really easy to answer but much harder to understand. Since the answer doesn't really make sense (excepting trid hunts and a few bosses and such). The Bane mods are a little bit different, putting them into your already "godly" weapon builds that overkills anything by default makes no sense, but there are a lot of other weapons where a 55% increase makes a difference. Again, not applicable to "meta", but only to having fun.

Edited by Graavarg