Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Condition Overload melee weapon tier list

Nomine

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1881772999

Finished making this tier list yesterday. Hopefully it can help some players at least get a general idea of what to use condition overload on and save some formas. Feel free to suggest changes as long as you explain yourself. I still have to test a few weapons from the list again.

Edited by Nomine
  • Like 2

Seriously you could have saved yourself so much time on this because it's really pretty simple.... any weapon with innate status effect, high status chance or a weapon that can be used with a primary/secondary/companion/ability than can inflict enough status on enemies to make the melee viable for condition overload is 'suitable' for condition overload. 

If you want 'end game', just pick the usual meta weapons for 'end game'...

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Seriously you could have saved yourself so much time on this because it's really pretty simple.... any weapon with innate status effect, high status chance or a weapon that can be used with a primary/secondary/companion/ability than can inflict enough status on enemies to make the melee viable for condition overload is 'suitable' for condition overload. 

If you want 'end game', just pick the usual meta weapons for 'end game'...

Some weapons, even with a lower status chance, perform better than those with higher status chance. This is not just a descending list of weapons with highest status chance. It's a list of condition overload melee builds that are the most effective in terms of DPS and control. For condition overload to be viable, you want to have as many status effects available from both the melee weapon and it's stances... and each of these damage types should have a similar chance to activate so that you don't have to hit the enemy too many times.

Edited by Nomine

1 hour ago, Nomine said:

Some weapons, even with a lower status chance, perform better than those with higher status chance. This is not just a descending list of weapons with highest status chance. It's a list of condition overload melee builds that are the most effective in terms of DPS and control. For condition overload to be viable, you want to have as many status effects available from both the melee weapon and it's stances... and each of these damage types should have a similar chance to activate so that you don't have to hit the enemy too many times.

maybe you should read what I've written again....

1 hour ago, Nomine said:

For condition overload to be viable, you want to have as many status effects available from both the melee weapon and it's stances... and each of these damage types should have a similar chance to activate so that you don't have to hit the enemy too many times.

That really only becomes a thing if you run absurdly high levels of content. For things up to 1h arbis it really doesnt matter how many, or how perfect your status application is because a melee with CO will kill whatever it hits very fast either way. 

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

That really only becomes a thing if you run absurdly high levels of content. For things up to 1h arbis it really doesnt matter how many, or how perfect your status application is because a melee with CO will kill whatever it hits very fast either way. 

Perhaps, but it's better to choose a weapon that kills enemies faster.. at least most of the time.

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

maybe you should read what I've written again....

You wrote that It's as simple as "any weapon with innate status effect, high status chance or a weapon that can be used with a primary/secondary/companion/ability than can inflict enough status on enemies to make the melee viable for condition overload is 'suitable' for condition overload". This is wrong, as it can be a waste of mod slot on weapons with low status chance or no effects on stance combos. When looking for a condition overload viable melee weapon, you dont look for the highest crit melee weapon that synergizes off the procs of a "primer", but rather the melee weapon that has the highest damage potential with a condition overload build. After all, Condition Overload builds do more damage than full crit/DPS builds.

Edited by Nomine

23 minutes ago, Nomine said:

Perhaps, but it's better to choose a weapon that kills enemies faster.. at least most of the time.

You wrote that It's as simple as "any weapon with innate status effect, high status chance or a weapon that can be used with a primary/secondary/companion/ability than can inflict enough status on enemies to make the melee viable for condition overload is 'suitable' for condition overload". This is wrong, as it can be a waste of mod slot on weapons with low status chance or no effects on stance combos. When looking for a condition overload viable melee weapon, you dont look for the highest crit melee weapon that synergizes off the procs of a "primer", but rather the melee weapon that has the highest damage potential with a condition overload build. After all, Condition Overload builds do more damage than full crit/DPS builds.

You do not need the status effect to come from the melee weapon so your approach is actually limiting your options, not improving them.... seriously you're really restricting yourself if you believe a 'primer' isn't a viable approach for condition overload, it might have been a 'bad idea' back before the weapon switching rework but it's a completely viable approach now, especially with melee/pistol combo weapons.

Also mentioning stance combo's is pretty pointless when we all know that melee 3.0 is coming soon and that most of them are going to be changed...

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

You do not need the status effect to come from the melee weapon so your approach is actually limiting your options, not improving them.... seriously you're really restricting yourself if you believe a 'primer' isn't a viable approach for condition overload, it might have been a 'bad idea' back before the weapon switching rework but it's a completely viable approach now, especially with melee/pistol combo weapons.

Also mentioning stance combo's is pretty pointless when we all know that melee 3.0 is coming soon and that most of them are going to be changed...

The point is to get status effects from primers and then attack with the most effective melee weapon built for dmg against main enemy type. I didn't say a primer isn't a viable approach, just that it's not included when looking for the most viable melee weapon for condition overload, which is what this tier list is made for.

Redeemer prime is the best weapon for condition overload bar none.  Nothing can utilize it better since it lays on status procs quite easily and each pellet gets the CO exponential bonus.  That's what we were using for endurance runs of the last event to kill demolysts that were level 250+ in combination with rhino roar and akbronco prime to lay on even more status procs.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Nomine said:

The point is to get status effects from primers and then attack with the most effective melee weapon built for dmg against main enemy type. I didn't say a primer isn't a viable approach, just that it's not included when looking for the most viable melee weapon for condition overload, which is what this tier list is made for.

Your tier list could be wrong because you've not included a very viable approach to getting status effects with melee 2.9999... not to mention, like I said, the stances are likely to change so I stand by my view you've basically just wasted a load of time and could have just said what I said earlier.

15 hours ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Redeemer prime is the best weapon for condition overload bar none.  Nothing can utilize it better since it lays on status procs quite easily and each pellet gets the CO exponential bonus.  That's what we were using for endurance runs of the last event to kill demolysts that were level 250+ in combination with rhino roar and akbronco prime to lay on even more status procs.  

This might actually be true. Even weapons with innate viral and same amount of different status procs (plague kripath, to give an example) are outperformed far (against unarmored) with a redeemer prime built for corrosive (higher) + fire (lower), as the weapon also has IPS procs and blast procs.

I'm gonna actually go and test the redeemer prime more right now. I've been using Lesion to pretty much 4 hit wave 12 demolysts (from 1.5x combo after a primer) lately.

Edited by Nomine

1 hour ago, Nomine said:

This might actually be true. Even weapons with innate viral and same amount of different status procs (plague kripath, to give an example) are outperformed far (against unarmored) with a redeemer prime built for corrosive (higher) + fire (lower), as the weapon also has IPS procs and blast procs.

I'm gonna actually go and test the redeemer prime more right now. I've been using Lesion to pretty much 4 hit wave 12 demolysts (from 1.5x combo after a primer) lately.

i am not an expert but i think the best weapon for CO is the twin basolk because it has the second highest status and you can use rift strike to hit the enemies far away but i repeat i am not an expert.

17 hours ago, Nomine said:

Yes and the weapon killing faster isnt always the one that gets the most out of CO. If you run content where things die in 3-4 hits you are wasting mod slots and possibly weapon stats on building to maximize CO since you will never really have time to land more than 3 status effects on the target i.e on hit 1, 2 and 3 since it will be dead by hit 4. And in many cases the pure stats from CO wont outweigh that you also need to dilute your damage stat distribution to get there. You may get a higher damage return staying at IPS over slapping on 2 elements aswell, especially if the weapon is slash heavy. Because even if you happen to suddenly have 5 status effects, there is no guarantee they will all land, while a reliable slash status will add to both CO and several stacks of true damage on the target.