Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feature Request: "Declare Intended Stay"

Ikusi_Prime

It's incredibly frustrating to queue up for an endless mission, only to have people leave repeatedly. You get host migrations, which force you to wait through a loading screen and cancels many Warframe abilities, and it's disheartening when you're almost at the wave you want the rewards for and everybody ditches you.

I'd love a system where when you start up an endless mission mode with public matchmaking on, you would be given the option to declare the number of rounds you intend to stay for, (1, 2, 3, 4, 5+). Then, the game will attempt to match you with squadmates who are looking for the same or similar number of rounds, with the goal of minimizing host migrations and people leaving early. In the event that it can't find four people who all want to stay for the same number of rounds, the ones with the highest declared number would be given host priority, so that as the people who don't want to say leave them, they aren't forced to migrate (consistently declaring a high number of rounds and leaving before then in order to be the host would result in losing that host priority until you start staying for the same amount that you're declaring).

I feel as though a system like this would reduce a lot of the frustration of public matchmaking.

• Like 1

On 2019-10-12 at 12:00 PM, Kuestenjung said:

I understand where you are coming from, but wouldn´t it just be faster to use recruit chat?

Most likely, yes. But a system like this would improve the experience for people who are just looking to queue and grind. The people who go to recruit chat to find a team wouldn't really be affected, but the people who don't would experience less host migrations.