Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you think is the best way to beat a junction?

Banishmon

Question

18 answers to this question

Yeah... if you pick Excal as a starter no specter is a problem to take down. I think using Volt and hiding behind his shield is actually pretty fun though, if a little time consuming (assuming you're actually new when taking on the specter and don't have overpowered gear for the fight)

Junctions are a bit after my time. I can see where they could flummox new players, but by the time they were introduced to the game they were trivial to me. 

Nevertheless, I've dealt with more formidable specters in the solar rails when they were a thing and a couple of things carry over when confronting them. 

One is to simply use Trinity. Link then attack. Dead specter. Of course, the Trinity specter can do this (and I saw a LOT of teams die to this in the rail days), but PC Trinity >> NPC Trinity, assuming any mod depth at all. It works even better on any other specter. After all, you are reflecting their attacks and you have 75% DR. Throw in Blessing and, well, it's over. 

Another is to use Valkyr. Pop the claws and go in swinging. A triple umbral Valk doesn't even have to bother with this, but if you have such a thing you shouldn't need advice dealing with specters. 

Anything with a high degree of damage resistance or avoidance. If they can't hit you or only do trivial damage when they do, then dealing with them becomes very simple. There are many 'frames that meet this criteria. 

Later on any frame can smoke them instantly. Early on though, Mag's Magnetize and nearly any low level gun with a basic mod or two will do it super easy. Especially if you pre-target the specter before starting the fight, so you can cast Magnetize as soon as they become active. This means you will take zero damage and basically have no risk guaranteed wins.