Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, I Found A Problem With The Clan Management Window

-Krux-

It doesn't exist.

DE, you overhauled the UI like 3 or 4 times and never once touched the chat window. It's SO basic and function-lacking, do SOMETHING with it, anything.

The contact window, same thing.. never touched, just re-coded to work smoother. But come on, I can't invite ppl in my clan to a void mission? I have to add them to friends first, then invite to void? No, that needs fixing.  It's not like i can right-click someone's name in my clan and click 'Add to Friends' because that option doesn't exist in the clan tab of contacts. Why is every function in the contacts window done through right-clicking anyways? Put some buttons on the damn thing, make it pretty.

And what's the deal with that Clan Management Window? What Clan Management Window? It doesn't exist. Of all games I played with team/clan/guild features in them, never have I seen managing your clan be done through your CONTACTS. You need to set aside a separate window that functions just for your clan, and your clan alone. I need to be able to see lists of contributions, clan join date, mastery level, clan rank, last login...not some cheap mouseover tooltip, a column in a table of information that I can read without having to mouseover anything. Tooltips are for giving information about what something is, defining things...not the information itself.

Clan Window should not only appear as a table with rows and columns of information, but should be databased in such a way that we can access that information off-game and implement it into our clan websites. <---this is probably asking for much, but the paragraphs above are what DE ask for.. constructive suggestions and not just rage. Well there you go.

have you tried /invite so-so

that's a chat command. I shouldn't HAVE to do that. Some people have long complicated names unlike mine and it's easier to click a button to invite. From friends tab, from clan tab, anywhere.. shouldn't be difficult.

That command doesn't work for clan invites either tho, and it's not like people have the ability to APPLY FOR CLANS either. God forbid you have more than 1 clan listed in your pendings.

that's a chat command. I shouldn't HAVE to do that. Some people have long complicated names unlike mine and it's easier to click a button to invite. From friends tab, from clan tab, anywhere.. shouldn't be difficult.

That command doesn't work for clan invites either tho, and it's not like people have the ability to APPLY FOR CLANS either. God forbid you have more than 1 clan listed in your pendings.

Then maybe

1. they need to relog because that is usually the case that prevents them from joining void missions in my clan, or you need to relog

2. you accidently set it to solo

3. You beat the objective already, killed a certain amount of enemies, made it past a certain wave, or time...

And while we're on the subject: NOT EVERYONE IN A CLAN USE VOIP! And even if they do, they're not always in the same channel, it would be chaos. So why is the Clan chat not visible ALL THE TIME?!.

It's bloody impossible to get a clan group together, because once you enter a mission, you can't see the clan chat and the group chat at the same time.So the guy looking for more players ends up sitting there, waiting for people to be done with their missions, so they can see the chat again.

Yeah, you can switch to clan chat in-mission, but then you can't see your group chat. Come on, this just isn't good enough. EVERY MMO every displays both chats at the same time. Every MMO. And there's a reason for that: it works!

And what about timestamps? When you get back from a mission or two, you might check the clan chat to see what's going on. And you have no idea whether or not the chat was posted 20 seconds, minutes or HOURS ago. You don't know if it's relevant at all. It's bloody annoying. 

Then maybe

1. they need to relog because that is usually the case that prevents them from joining void missions in my clan, or you need to relog

2. you accidently set it to solo

3. You beat the objective already, killed a certain amount of enemies, made it past a certain wave, or time...

You don't understand. If you right-click the name of someone in your clan...that's IN THE CLAN TAB of contacts..and click invite, WHILE you are int he lobby (or in-game), it WILL fail every single time no matter what. Reboot your computer all day for all I care, it won't work, it's broken. AFTER you add them to your friend list (you have to type it out AGAIN here because you can't right-click their name from clan and add to friends) THEN you can finally send them a successful invite.

This is known stuff, if you don't get this yet than you have no argument over the lack of user-friendliness of the UI.

And while we're on the subject: NOT EVERYONE IN A CLAN USE VOIP! And even if they do, they're not always in the same channel, it would be chaos. So why is the Clan chat not visible ALL THE TIME?!.

It's bloody impossible to get a clan group together, because once you enter a mission, you can't see the clan chat and the group chat at the same time.So the guy looking for more players ends up sitting there, waiting for people to be done with their missions, so they can see the chat again.

Yeah, you can switch to clan chat in-mission, but then you can't see your group chat. Come on, this just isn't good enough. EVERY MMO every displays both chats at the same time. Every MMO. And there's a reason for that: it works!

And what about timestamps? When you get back from a mission or two, you might check the clan chat to see what's going on. And you have no idea whether or not the chat was posted 20 seconds, minutes or HOURS ago. You don't know if it's relevant at all. It's bloody annoying. 

Clan channel is visible when you open chat click clan and then type all the words show up, and if you mean the clan member roster just hit escape and you can click the contacts from there.

Also why are you using squad chat if your team is your clan, and they can all see clan chat?

and what MMO are you talking about has two chat screens at the same time? Even I have never seen that before...

All of this.

Clan channel is visible when you open chat click clan and then type all the words show up, and if you mean the clan member roster just hit escape and you can click the contacts from there.

Also why are you using squad chat if your team is your clan, and they can all see clan chat?

and what MMO are you talking about has two chat screens at the same time? Even I have never seen that before...

You don't understand anything.

You don't understand. If you right-click the name of someone in your clan...that's IN THE CLAN TAB of contacts..and click invite, WHILE you are int he lobby (or in-game), it WILL fail every single time no matter what. Reboot your computer all day for all I care, it won't work, it's broken. AFTER you add them to your friend list (you have to type it out AGAIN here because you can't right-click their name from clan and add to friends) THEN you can finally send them a successful invite.

This is known stuff, if you don't get this yet than you have no argument over the lack of user-friendliness of the UI.

wait so after you turn the game on and off you still can't invite? then its either you or that friend... one of you has bad internet... because for me we either wait a few minutes, wait a day, or just relog and it works again... , or change host have someone else host and a miracle occurs and were able to invite everyone into the game. Also I never have to retype their name I just invite them from the contacts list no issues... I have a Clan... I have had the issue but I get around it by either changing host, or relogging...

Edited by Arlayn

wait so after you turn the game on and off you still can't invite? then its either you or that friend... one of you has bad internet... because for me we either wait a few minutes, wait a day, or just relog and it works again... , or change host have someone else host and a miracle occurs and were able to invite everyone into the game. Also I never have to retype their name I just invite them from the contacts list no issues... I have a Clan... I have had the issue but I get around it by either changing host, or relogging...

Yeah that's fine for NORMAL missions, but not for VOID missions....

Yeah that's fine for NORMAL missions, but not for VOID missions....

I do it for Void, and orokin Derelict... works fine... and I don't complain much on it... Me and my clan might get alittle frustrated but then we just have someone else host stuff for us which works... I think its a Host issue. As in the Host can't reach that person.

Edited by Arlayn

Yes, I said that you could choose between squad and clan, but not have both at the same time. 

Because sometimes I go with randoms, if there aren't a lot of people online in the clan.

Oh, let's see... World of WarCraft for one. Group chat in blue, Guild chat in green, Officer chat in drak green, all in the same window, all visible all the time. EVERY other traditional MMO does it this way and it works.

Yes, I said that you could choose between squad and clan, but not have both at the same time. 

Because sometimes I go with randoms, if there aren't a lot of people online in the clan.

Oh, let's see... World of WarCraft for one. Group chat in blue, Guild chat in green, Officer chat in drak green, all in the same window, all visible all the time. EVERY other traditional MMO does it this way and it works.

oh that... that's because its a MMO with open world and constant flow of player traffic it has to be that way because everyone just spams the entire thing and all white would eventually blow your mind... its not that hard switching between chats... I do it and survive...

No.  Every single person in my clan has an issue inviting someone to a key mission (void or derelict) if they are not Friends with that person.  The invited person gets some message about needing to be invited by the host (even though it was the host that sent the invite) every single time.  This only happens when trying to put together key missions (the derelict and void missions).  This does not happen when simply inviting someone to a session to do a star chart mission.  Again, this happens every single time to just about everyone in my clan.  Also, again, it has something specifically to do with putting together key missions.  The solution is always to send a friend request and have them accept it.  Once that's done then inviting to a key mission is no problem.

I'm not sure how you don't realize that this is going on.  If I sit in game and stare at Alliance chat I'll constantly see people mention the "must be invited by host" bug when people are putting together void missions.  Someone will send an invite, person will comment about needing to be invited by host, host will say he sent a friend request, person will say he accepted, then BAM he's in the session.  It happens constantly.  I feel like a broken record constantly telling people to send friend requests when they have trouble getting clan members into their void runs.

No.  Every single person in my clan has an issue inviting someone to a key mission (void or derelict) if they are not Friends with that person.  The invited person gets some message about needing to be invited by the host (even though it was the host that sent the invite) every single time.  This only happens when trying to put together key missions (the derelict and void missions).  This does not happen when simply inviting someone to a session to do a star chart mission.  Again, this happens every single time to just about everyone in my clan.  Also, again, it has something specifically to do with putting together key missions.  The solution is always to send a friend request and have them accept it.  Once that's done then inviting to a key mission is no problem.

I'm not sure how you don't realize that this is going on.  If I sit in game and stare at Alliance chat I'll constantly see people mention the "must be invited by host" bug when people are putting together void missions.  Someone will send an invite, person will comment about needing to be invited by host, host will say he sent a friend request, person will say he accepted, then BAM he's in the session.  It happens constantly.  I feel like a broken record constantly telling people to send friend requests when they have trouble getting clan members into their void runs.

Yeah my clan remedies this by relogs, or changing of host... some host can invite certain people, and sometimes a good old fashion relog fixes the entire issue... Not exactly sure how the mechanics behind DEs hosting system works to be honest...

Yeah my clan remedies this by relogs, or changing of host... some host can invite certain people, and sometimes a good old fashion relog fixes the entire issue... Not exactly sure how the mechanics behind DEs hosting system works to be honest...

Hhmm...I've never heard of relogging solving this issue, but if it works for some people then great.  I think friending them is an easier and better solution, though.  First of all, it doesn't require near-constant relogging.  Second, it seems to get rid of the problem permanently.  I never. ever have a problem inviting a friend to my key missions or being invited to their key missions.  Once someone not on my friends list is involve it becomes an issue, all the time.  I now have over 60 friends and they're all because of this key mission bug.  The plus side, though, is that now I have most of the very active people of my clan on my friends list.  I can invite them to key missions or be invited by them without any issue, ever.  If they weren't on my friend list, this wouldn't be the case.

Edited by darkkterror

oh that... that's because its a MMO with open world and constant flow of player traffic it has to be that way because everyone just spams the entire thing and all white would eventually blow your mind... its not that hard switching between chats... I do it and survive...

Note that I didn't mention regional/global chat at any time. This is JUST the squad and clan chat, while in missions. And yeah, you switch between the chats 10 times during a mobile defense and survive, but the massive majority (yes, I pulled that out of my behind) doesn't. 

Our clan is 99 members currently and even during the weekends, the clan chat is dead, because it's so bloody unreliable. You don't even see it when you return to the mission select screen; you have to manually open it. And if you're just grinding the same mission over and over (which is pretty much every day, all the time), then you don't see it at all. 

And if, by chance, you open it and see someone is starting a void run, you have no idea if that was 20 seconds or 20 minutes ago, because there are no timestamps.

In summary, the chat system is under-developed, under-designed and forcing you to ignore either your squad, your clan and/or the world. And the fix is simple and has been used by others for over a decade. Fix it already.

Hhmm...I've never heard of relogging solving this issue, but if it works for some people then great.  I think friending them is an easier and better solution, though.  First of all, it doesn't require near-constant relogging.  Second, it seems to get rid of the problem permanently.  I never. ever have a problem inviting a friend to my key missions or being invited to their key missions.  Once someone not on my friends list is involve it becomes an issue, all the time.  I now have over 60 friends and they're all because of this key mission bug.  The plus side, though, is that now I have most of the very active people of my clan on my friends list.  I can invite them to key missions or be invited by them without any issue, ever.  If they weren't on my friend list, this wouldn't be the case.

don't try to explain it to him, he does't get it. back to the topic... the UI still sucks and DE overhauls the UI and never touches what is needed the most. DE please respond.

Note that I didn't mention regional/global chat at any time. This is JUST the squad and clan chat, while in missions. And yeah, you switch between the chats 10 times during a mobile defense and survive, but the massive majority (yes, I pulled that out of my behind) doesn't. 

Our clan is 99 members currently and even during the weekends, the clan chat is dead, because it's so bloody unreliable. You don't even see it when you return to the mission select screen; you have to manually open it. And if you're just grinding the same mission over and over (which is pretty much every day, all the time), then you don't see it at all. 

And if, by chance, you open it and see someone is starting a void run, you have no idea if that was 20 seconds or 20 minutes ago, because there are no timestamps.

In summary, the chat system is under-developed, under-designed and forcing you to ignore either your squad, your clan and/or the world. And the fix is simple and has been used by others for over a decade. Fix it already.

couldn't agree more. you too though, stop trying to explain it to him, he doesn't get it.

everyone else in the game agrees with this. just a matter of DE seeing this topic AGAIN and hopefully this nudges them a little more into doing something about it.

Yea, that. I don't invite people with weird complicated names to anything. I simply don't want to figure out if that's an O or 0.

But then again, it's their own fault for making such weird names. Why can't people just be simple and stick to regular...English.

Instead it got to be like " xXiIlette13E7B0S5Xx "

Yea, that. I don't invite people with weird complicated names to anything. I simply don't want to figure out if that's an O or 0.

But then again, it's their own fault for making such weird names. Why can't people just be simple and stick to regular...English.

Instead it got to be like " xXiIlette13E7B0S5Xx "

true, but then again.. it should be even easier for DE to just allow us to click on any name at any time and choose from a plethora of options no matter what damn tab you see them from.

For instance, why can't I pull up our in-game players during a game and click on one of their names and add to friends or invite to clan from there? Why the extra steps to hit Esc and go to Recent Players tab and find them there? Sure it can be done, but it could be done with greater ease and THAT is how proper programming is.

As a Warlord of a moon clan, I totally agree with this. The lack of UI kills me. It wastes so much of my time. Hell, it's so terrible I'd be ecstatic just to be able to maximize the clan contacts window. Inviting players is not as simple as it should be.

I know officers and warlords share the pain of having to explain to recruits about clearing any pending invites. Players should be able to apply. Their should be more information. Donation information would be amazing. This would even encourage donations because nobody wants to appear like they don't contribute. Transparency can only make things better, especially for us leaders.

Too many times does the UI in this game refresh when it doesn't have to. If I right click on a clan mate for their information, it exits the clan menu to their profile page. My clan has policies for inactivity paired with mastery. This means if I see a certain amount of days of inactivity for a player, they may stay a bit longer if they are a certain mastery. I have 900+ members in my clan, therefore there are plenty of inactive members to manage. You can imagine how long and tedious this is.

On to the next subject mentioned; the host must invite to party (void) bug. Arlayn, I'm with Krux 100%. You really don't get it at all, but don't let this comment bother you and deter from the discussion. Just listen to what is being said here, and if none of these issues affect you, great, but they do affect many others. I have no problems with inviting players or getting invited to void missions, EXCEPT with my clan members. It isn't just me or some silly log off- log back in issue. Everyone in my clan has this issue with each other unless they are friends. This makes absolutely no sense considering the purpose of being in a clan. We have a clan roster for a reason. It should serve as a secondary friends list. We shouldn't be facing more trouble when it comes to teaming together in voids. I'm not sure if this is a Moon clan issue or all clan issue, but I can confirm its an issue in my 900+ clan.

Please DE, your game is hugely centered on clans. You've stated yourselves the importance of clans within Warframe. Vital tools and convenient features for clan management should be one of your priorities. Bugs within clans should be looked at asap, especially ones that deal with connectivity, something your game suffers a great deal already.

My guess is they're already on the UI part, hopefully.
Edited by TrevV

As a Warlord of a moon clan, I totally agree with this. The lack of UI kills me. It wastes so much of my time. Hell, it's so terrible I'd be ecstatic just to be able to maximize the clan contacts window. Inviting players is not as simple as it should be.

I know officers and warlords share the pain of having to explain to recruits about clearing any pending invites. Players should be able to apply. Their should be more information. Donation information would be amazing. This would even encourage donations because nobody wants to appear like they don't contribute. Transparency can only make things better, especially for us leaders.

Too many times does the UI in this game refresh when it doesn't have to. If I right click on a clan mate for their information, it exits the clan menu to their profile page. My clan has policies for inactivity paired with mastery. This means if I see a certain amount of days of inactivity for a player, they may stay a bit longer if they are a certain mastery. I have 900+ members in my clan, therefore there are plenty of inactive members to manage. You can imagine how long and tedious this is.

On to the next subject mentioned; the host must invite to party (void) bug. Arlayn, I'm with Krux 100%. You really don't get it at all, but don't let this comment bother you and deter from the discussion. Just listen to what is being said here, and if none of these issues affect you, great, but they do affect many others. I have no problems with inviting players or getting invited to void missions, EXCEPT with my clan members. It isn't just me or some silly log off- log back in issue. Everyone in my clan has this issue with each other unless they are friends. This makes absolutely no sense considering the purpose of being in a clan. We have a clan roster for a reason. It should serve as a secondary friends list. We shouldn't be facing more trouble when it comes to teaming together in voids. I'm not sure if this is a Moon clan issue or all clan issue, but I can confirm its an issue in my 900+ clan.

Please DE, your game is hugely centered on clans. You've stated yourselves the importance of clans within Warframe. Vital tools and convenient features for clan management should be one of your priorities. Bugs within clans should be looked at asap, especially ones that deal with connectivity, something your game suffers a great deal already.

My guess is they're already on the UI part, hopefully.

Maybe I don't get it... Maybe I find that THIS is a great UI, not overly complicated and has everything I need just from looking at it. I got the time of how long they haven't been on, I can click to check ranks. I can change the names of ranks, and their functions.I can promote, and demote. I can change the daily message. I can say who can host, and who can't. I can upload my emblem for my clan from the website, and I can invite them with very little, to no work required...

A high tech page tab thing might just lag the game down and make it twice as hard for everyone to invite their friends along...