Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EdinaMonsoon

Tips for starting a clan/building a Dojo

Question

hey fellow tenno,

sorry if this has already been posted a billion times before but i've always wanted to try building my own dojo and having my own clan. i am currently part of a clan and i'm aware i'll have to leave which is a shame cus i do love the clan and the very many friendly people but clan ownership and dojo building is one of the very few things i have yet to touch in warframe

so does anyone have any tips or links to any guides? should i build up a few basic rooms first before opening the gates? should i go looking for somebody in a similar mindset and game stage to me and have joint ownership?

or should i just stay in my clan and pretend i never made this thread?

9 answers to this question

1 minute ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

so does anyone have any tips or links to any guides?

Yes, don't do it. If you love your current clan you really have nothing to gain by making your own. It will take a long time to get everything done and you may struggle to find people you get on with. That said, I liked making a Clan.

If you do want to make a clan, I suggest finding a friend (or several) to start one with you. If you can do that, you should be good. Building up a Dojo from scratch is hard solo, it takes a long time. Stick to just the initial group until you have some rooms done - perhaps research labs and trading post built. Then invite others.

• You can have joint ownership. That works well, if you all get on well. 
  • One person has to be the Founding Warlord, the rest are just Warlords. The Founding Warlord can kick out the Warlords, that is the only difference.
  • There are Dojo planners you can find online if you want to set it up a specific way. Otherwise, just go for it. I built the 'junk' rooms on the bottom floor, then the important ones on the top.

What a coincidence! I also decided to leave my current clan, and start my own for the sole purpose, to mess with rooms and decorations. Don't forget to plan the order in which you will build your rooms, some can't be built if others aren't ready.
I wish you good luck! Also, I hope we both will be ready for the dry dock when it comes. 🙂

https://dojoplanner.stom66.co.uk/ <- link for dojo planner

12 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Yes, don't do it. If you love your current clan you really have nothing to gain by making your own. It will take a long time to get everything done and you may struggle to find people you get on with. That said, I liked making a Clan.

If you do want to make a clan, I suggest finding a friend (or several) to start one with you. If you can do that, you should be good. Building up a Dojo from scratch is hard solo, it takes a long time. Stick to just the initial group until you have some rooms done - perhaps research labs and trading post built. Then invite others.

• You can have joint ownership. That works well, if you all get on well. 
  • One person has to be the Founding Warlord, the rest are just Warlords. The Founding Warlord can kick out the Warlords, that is the only difference.
  • There are Dojo planners you can find online if you want to set it up a specific way. Otherwise, just go for it. I built the 'junk' rooms on the bottom floor, then the important ones on the top.

you've raised some valid points, i think the fact i'm so unsure over something that seems like a big commitment is very telling. if i had any friends who played warframe, i'd feel a lot more confident about it

maybe i should consider looking for new clans to join rather than starting one, maybe i can then experience room building and other dojo things that way

I started my own clan, but I did so in order to give my group of friends and I a space to hang out. It wasn't really an inconvenience for me as I was already very far into the game, and had enough resources stockpiled to fund all of the research myself (except for hema, blegh) and enough plat that I didn't care about sinking it into forma for building rooms. I wouldn't recommend starting a clan to anyone who is new to the game, or has other things to prioritize (like farming primes, completing starchart, grinding MR, etc).

1 minute ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

maybe i should consider looking for new clans to join rather than starting one, maybe i can then experience room building and other dojo things that way

Starting one yourself would be a better way to do it. But my question is why? Why do you want to do this? If you like your current Clan it seems like you would be better off staying. If you really want to try building and decorating a clan you will get more from making your own. Ever spent many hours helping someone get something done, then get told 'go away we don't want you'? That is always a possibility when you join someone else's clan.

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

Starting one yourself would be a better way to do it. But my question is why? Why do you want to do this? If you like your current Clan it seems like you would be better off staying. If you really want to try building and decorating a clan you will get more from making your own. Ever spent many hours helping someone get something done, then get told 'go away we don't want you'? That is always a possibility when you join someone else's clan.

i think it's the creative in me who wants to play around with more than orbiter decorations and fashion frame...

and whilst i am happy in my clan, i do wish it was more active. that's more of a secondary reason though, which can be solved by simply finding a new clan

9 minutes ago, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

I wouldn't recommend starting a clan to anyone who is new to the game, or has other things to prioritize (like farming primes, completing starchart, grinding MR, etc).

this is another reason why i'm interested in building a dojo, i've pretty much done almost everything the game has to offer (i still very much enjoy warframe though and can't wait for upcoming major updates) so i'm sort of left looking around for things i haven't yet tried

The first thing you need to consider is the layout you will stick with for the entirety of your clans existence. I spent weeks deleting rooms to place more because I'd reached the cap and basically had an incomplete dojo. It was a big hassle deleting 50+ rooms to then place them back 1 by 1 in the layout I now wanted. Did the best I could without having to delete decorations but I ended up 4 or so rooms above my preferred amount doing it. I have 1 spot left for upcoming building and space left elsewhere for when the build cap is increased. My only real recommendation is to just think about your layout before starting. Use one of the dojo planners online to help.

You can Alliance with yours and other guilds to keep in touch and continue to play with them. The only downside is Events will be up to you at that point as Alliances don't share Event progress.

Tips to start building is pretty straight forward. First you start with the initial Clan Hall. You don't want that. Build an Elevator going down on one side and one going up on the other side. For the one going down you'll build 4 way rooms and attach a reactors as you go. This is a basement for your power reactors as they're ugly anywhere else generally. For the Elevator going up build the 2nd tier clan hall. After that it's up to you if you want to build other rooms another elevator or whatever but the point is to get to the Tier 5 hall and have that as your main area which is adjacent to all the tech rooms and other decorative things. You can use the lower Tier halls to decorate as well which is why it's up to you where you'd want to put them in relation to the Tier 5 hall the only thing I'd say is mandatory is getting all those reactors you'll need out of sight.

I have some pics to kinda show my own layout. I'm pretty much a Solo clan and was still updating decorations since the new stuff got added.

Basement + T1 & T2 Clan Halls.

Spoiler

cFt63wJ.jpg

Main Floor T5 Clan Hall with all decorative rooms and research.

Spoiler

CHWsMto.jpg

Research labs all adjacent to each other off from Main Hall.

Spoiler

dC21aFd.jpg

2nd Floor I never finished using T4 Main Hall.

Spoiler

0BOoesU.jpg