Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Resource drop booster vs. Vitus = not worth

toafarmer

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Well, useful info nonetheless. I had assumed it wouldn't work even on dropped vitus. It's still a good thing for when a resource booster comes from daily reward or sortie, since it's merely a free bonus. Ty OP!

yeah, just not worth the 400 plats i spent on the 30 day boosters

1 hour ago, Autongnosis said:

You should run with 2x resource boosters permanently anyway if you're any into riven rolling, otherwise you'll have a terrible time. 

It's kind of a nice bonus for arbies, tho the drop rate of vitus essence from drones was murdered. 

that's the thing, I don't think riven rolling is worth it considering how bad the drop rate is

As it currently works, it is the drop rate of Vitus Essence from arbi drones combined with what is on offer in the Arbiters' shop that will determine if "higher rank" players will continue doing Arbitration. At some point all players will have farmed all the other drops they might want (depending on the amount of missions you play, it takes a few weeks at the most), and only Vitus will be left as a meaningful drop/reward. And the "3 Vitus" reward is too small and too inconsistent among all other drops to be enough, so it will be the drones drop rate that decides.

"Higher rank" players generally play longer missions, and act as a buffer for "lower rank" players helping them along. While there is a bit of jockeying at the start (due to host change risking wiping out all your loot, few sane "higher rank" players will join an arbitration hosted by a "lower rank" player => they will leave such squads after joining and restart the mission hoping for a MR27 host or to become host themselves), most "higher rank" players don't generally mind helping.

So if the Vitus drop rate is too low, the amount of "higher rank" players will drop, and Arbitrations will go back to being a mission where the majority of players are "lower rank" there for all the other drops and struggling to keep the mission going into C-drop territory. That maybe just fine, but personally I really like the ongoing revival of Arbitrations with lots of players and squads, including the very Tenno-like co-op going on with manually marking all Vitus drops for collection.

While I would like to get my hands on as much Vitus Essence as possible, as effectively as possible, I think that only the 2X drop booster working on the drops is the "balanced" way of doing this. If a drop chance booster would affect the drops as well, we would be in 4X territory compared to "non-paying" players. Considering what you can currently buy from the Arbiters' shop with Vitus Essence, that is probably too big a jump made possible with "real money".

• Like 1

18 hours ago, toafarmer said:

yeah, just not worth the 400 plats i spent on the 30 day boosters

Pffffffffffffffffffffftttt
Mate, it's not just about essence, I buy them every month because I farm Prime parts, they are super good and worth it.
It's your choice to only focus on a low drop rate item.

Edited by Carnage2K4

14 hours ago, Graavarg said:

As it currently works, it is the drop rate of Vitus Essence from arbi drones combined with what is on offer in the Arbiters' shop that will determine if "higher rank" players will continue doing Arbitration. At some point all players will have farmed all the other drops they might want (depending on the amount of missions you play, it takes a few weeks at the most), and only Vitus will be left as a meaningful drop/reward. And the "3 Vitus" reward is too small and too inconsistent among all other drops to be enough, so it will be the drones drop rate that decides.

"Higher rank" players generally play longer missions, and act as a buffer for "lower rank" players helping them along. While there is a bit of jockeying at the start (due to host change risking wiping out all your loot, few sane "higher rank" players will join an arbitration hosted by a "lower rank" player => they will leave such squads after joining and restart the mission hoping for a MR27 host or to become host themselves), most "higher rank" players don't generally mind helping.

So if the Vitus drop rate is too low, the amount of "higher rank" players will drop, and Arbitrations will go back to being a mission where the majority of players are "lower rank" there for all the other drops and struggling to keep the mission going into C-drop territory. That maybe just fine, but personally I really like the ongoing revival of Arbitrations with lots of players and squads, including the very Tenno-like co-op going on with manually marking all Vitus drops for collection.

While I would like to get my hands on as much Vitus Essence as possible, as effectively as possible, I think that only the 2X drop booster working on the drops is the "balanced" way of doing this. If a drop chance booster would affect the drops as well, we would be in 4X territory compared to "non-paying" players. Considering what you can currently buy from the Arbiters' shop with Vitus Essence, that is probably too big a jump made possible with "real money".

I almost agree. And I say almost because the drop rate booster affects the whole party, which means new and old players alike. With both boosters going, I get like 10-14 extra vitus per hour, which is like 5k kuva/hour (1.4 riven reroll/hour). For 400p / month it is pretty terrible, specially considering how riven rolling works. 90% of times you will get a better riven just by buying one for the same 400 plats. 

On 2019-10-13 at 10:21 PM, toafarmer said:

I almost agree. And I say almost because the drop rate booster affects the whole party, which means new and old players alike. With both boosters going, I get like 10-14 extra vitus per hour, which is like 5k kuva/hour (1.4 riven reroll/hour). For 400p / month it is pretty terrible, specially considering how riven rolling works. 90% of times you will get a better riven just by buying one for the same 400 plats. 

if you pay 400p for a 30 day resource drop chance booster you got scammed by someone, DE is selling them for 200p on the PC version

On 2019-10-14 at 7:13 AM, toafarmer said:

is there any other situation where a booster would be worth?

Fishing, Kuva, Traces, general gameplay for anyone who hasn't played a thousand hours, oxium, mining. I'm sure theres more things I'm not thinking about. 

I have a rarity and drop booster equipped.  in a about 9 rounds of interception i got something like 41 vitus.  alternately, only got about 20 in an hour survival.

pretty sure it matters a lot which boards you are doing and what the enemy type is, I've done a lot more testing but those are the two outlier results.

my goal is presently to have about  2K vitus before the patch drops so i can roll or reroll a bunch of melee since I'm farily certain they are going to mess with my op load outs.

got about 135k kuva sitting, but I want to be able to get a bunch more in case I need it since rolling new stuff to break the game and make people cry about my load outs on the forums and demanding nerfs because they jelly is a personal fetish.

needless to say, it makes a huge difference, with both equipped I'd say my daily vitus has gone up about X4 aprox.  is it worth it?  that depends on your plat budget.  for me I have everything in game and rivens for everything I might ever consider using and forma on all my frames, even the crap ones I never use, so dropping a few hundred plat here and there is not a big deal.  for someone else a three day booster is a huge investment that needs to be carefully thought over.  everyone is going to have different priorities, but for me, it actually is totally worth it, for someone else, maybe not?

Edited by Klokwerkaos