Sign in to follow this  
elpeleq42

DE Needs to remake Conclave into a new pvp

Conclave is and has been dead for years now. There's little to no people that actually likes and plays is constantly nowadays(even when playing on NA, region where most players are, you rarely find a match).

It needs to be removed(all modes and mods. There should be no PVP mods and PVE mods) and an entirely new PVP system has to take its place. A good PVP system would serve as a great "end game" content for veterans while also allowing for certain frames/builds, currently ignored by most, to be popular again.

Edited by Letter13
Title edited for clarity

pvp is dead. not because conclave is bad, but because it fundamentally doesn't work with Warframe's core mechanics. get over it. play something else for pvp

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Let's just stop at "DE needs to delete Conclave" and move on with our lives.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

26 minutes ago, elpeleq42 said:

1. Conclave is and has been dead for years now. There's little to no people that actually likes and plays is constantly nowadays(even when playing on NA, region where most players are, you rarely find a match).

2.It needs to be removed(all modes and mods. There should be no PVP mods and PVE mods) and an entirely new PVP system has to take its place. A good PVP system would serve as a great "end game" content for veterans while also allowing for certain frames/builds, currently ignored by most, to be popular again.

1. https://xboxclips.com/CFE Repo Man/c9f1ef3b-5dcb-4899-aa7d-44aed82eee99 here is a clip of me finding a match in conclave. I took this clip the moment after I read your post. Conclave is not dead, in fact, there are more people playing it now than ever on xbox.

2. Are you genuinely making the argument to remove content from the game? Having conclave in the game hurts nobody. Why can't conclave and your hypothetical "new pvp system" exist at the same time? I guarantee you that the same builds that are meta and overused in PvE will be the same as the ones in your pvp system if PvE modding is carried over. Conclave makes the frames valuable because of all of the unique actions you can do with them. All frames have value in conclave. That is not something I can say for PvE.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

PvP, regardless of its form, will not 'be popular' in Warframe, seeing as the PvE side of the fence has so many Timers to occupy peoples' time and attract customer base. as 'popular' will always be compared to the PvE side of the fence and no matter what it is, it will not touch that. 

but that doesn't mean Conclave isn't good, essentially aside from some Abilities and IPS distributions there's not a single thing wrong with it and it fits Warframe perfectly.
despite that 1:100 sort of ratio for customer base, that doesn't mean that there aren't people playing it.

Conclave need not exclusively represent traditional PvP anyways, like how we have Lunaro - Conclave can represent competitive Gameplay where Players directly compete against each other, in many ways.

Edited by taiiat
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 3

I dont think its "dead" just very unpopular I think it was just under the population of players that did raids and that was like 4-5% on raids. so maybe 2-3% do conclave thats quite a few hundred from the thousands that play warframe. I agree though Unless DE plans to either make up new stats exclusive to PVP or balance it better than it currently is or flat out turn off some weapons / warframes more so then now. Its never going to be popular.

Edited by (XB1)Dex Xean

i'd revamp it as a bunch of cooperative mini-games, in the vein of the silliness of Dog Days but much less need for grind. imagine an Index but enemies drop floofs and whoever saves X amount of floofs first wins without any investment

it would still probably remain dead but the pvp aspect is a bit... meh but i'm curious to see if they'll ever address it later on

1 hour ago, Rawbeard said:

pvp is dead. not because conclave is bad, but because it fundamentally doesn't work with Warframe's core mechanics. get over it. play something else for pvp

https://xboxclips.com/CFE Repo Man/c9f1ef3b-5dcb-4899-aa7d-44aed82eee99

Conclave isn't dead. I find matches almost instantaneously at any time of the day.

It does indeed work with warframe's core mechanics and even the core stylistic motif of warframe. Nothing exemplifies Space Ninjas more that conclave. PvE content boils down to walking around and 1shotting enemies that have been crowd controlled for well over a minute. It involves almost 0 parkour. DE has to go so far as to add parkour sections to the new jupiter tileset to motivate the players to use parkour. Parkour is a core ingredient in conclave.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2