Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitration host migration

(XBOX)Umbra Howl

Legit people that are the host and leave during arbitration some not be able to do join or play. I just lost all my endo and mods because of somebody that is so butt hurt over 1 death decisions to leave over a thing that cause have been prevented. Make dedicated servers my god I bet the community feels the same way I feel right now about it and it's really sad.

37 minutes ago, (XB1)Umbrahowl said:

Make dedicated servers my god I bet the community feels the same way I feel right now about it and it's really sad.

I don't. I am perfectly happy with the P2P setup we have now. It works fine. Your problem is a person, if they stayed there would have been no issue.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Umbrahowl said:

I know but I'll love it if they did listen to the veterans 

Define "veterans"

1 hour ago, (XB1)Umbrahowl said:

Legit people that are the host and leave during arbitration some not be able to do join or play. I just lost all my endo and mods because of somebody that is so butt hurt over 1 death decisions to leave over a thing that cause have been prevented. Make dedicated servers my god I bet the community feels the same way I feel right now about it and it's really sad.

Dedicated servers will not magically remove the host migration problem, they might make the problem worse since you might need to connect a server that turns out far away from you, increasing lag and possibly failing host migration more often. Best thing to try is make a squad via recruiting chat, where you can plan ahead and you can be a host to prevent losing your drops

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

Dedicated servers will not magically remove the host migration problem

it would actually. there would be no host migrations. each individual person would be connected to the server, and it wouldn't matter what happened to the other players. if someone donates a few hundred thousand dollars maybe DE would get some servers. oh and that server would only work for one region, the rest would still be peer to peer.

1 hour ago, Talinthis said:

it would actually. there would be no host migrations. each individual person would be connected to the server, and it wouldn't matter what happened to the other players. if someone donates a few hundred thousand dollars maybe DE would get some servers. oh and that server would only work for one region, the rest would still be peer to peer.

You know that the game has separate region, don't you? And with servers put somewhere, there will be people who are far away and experience constant lag so no, I prefer to stay P2P and have less than 100 ms ping with people in my country instead of 100 - 200 ms every time because I'm a bit far from the server with people from my country.

And who would donate a few hundred thousand dollars? Who would do that? And how much players can a server accommodate?

Maybe warframe v1 when it comes out of beta next generation. Im sure de will be able to afford servers worldwide if they are not greedy company. But how cute to see many fanboys brownosing "oh but we are fine im better loose loot than de buys servers im fine its better how it is" muahahahahaha makes my day

I don't want to protect those a-hole hosts that leave early, but the game really needs an additional notification (maybe with a countdown timer like during trades) that tells them they are giving their squad a difficult time if they abort the mission. There are people who may not know. 

Additionally, the game could maybe "grade" users according to how trustworthy hosts they are, and choose the one who is least likely to abort, when multiple choices for the host are available.

Because now that players can be revived in Arbitration, there really isn't any other explanation to this behaviour that these people are crybabies whose self-esteem got hurt when they died, and just rage quit. Once I've been in a defence when all 3 of my teammates died and we still managed to turn it around and all the others were alive a few minutes later. Another time in a survival mission I died like 3 times, and a heroic Wukong kept reviving me (there was just the two of us, the other guy quit right after he died). There really is a great chance your teammates can bring you back!

• Like 1