Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Computer Crashes in Plains of Eidolon

eboomer

Every single time I go for an Eidolon hunt, my computer crashes at least once.  I can run hour long Arbitration missions all day just fine.  I can run for a half hour straight with Unigine and Prime 95 maxing out my CPU, GPU, and RAM, with no problems.  The GPU runs on the hot side (84°C), but otherwise it's fine.  And Warframe uses like 50% to 70% of CPU/GPU.  I've verified my download cache.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I've optimized my download cache.  I've even done a complete Windows 10 "Refresh" of the OS, and installed just the minimum programs needed to run Warframe, and run it with no additional programs in the background other than Steam.  Every.  Single.  Night cycle.  It crashes my computer.  Windows event viewer shows no events prior to my computer rebooting after the crash.  I'm at my wit's end.  Up next is to try to "Repair" Windows 10 using the OS install disc.

Any suggestions?

OS: Windows 10 CPU: i5-9600K (stock clock speed) GPU: GTX 1080Ti (stock clock) Storage: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo RAM: 1 DIM of 32 GB DDR4 2400 MHz

Edited by eboomer

Just did a "Reset", which is supposed to delete the entire drive, and re-install the OS completely fresh.  Installed drivers, installed all OS updates, installed Stream and Warframe.  Nothing else.  Ran an hour in Arbitrations, no problem.  About half way through hunting on the Plains of Eidolon, computer crashed again.

Until this game can actually run on my computer, I'm done with it.  Any help would be appreciated.

On 2019-10-12 at 10:01 PM, eboomer said:

I can run for a half hour straight with Unigine and Prime 95 maxing out my CPU, GPU, and RAM, with no problems.

Try Furmark with Prime95.

How does the computer crash?
No signal on monitor or black screen with the computer still on?
Computer lost power?
Computer reset with no "Shutting down" or "restarting" process?

Possible the graphics card might be faulty or PSU (Power Supply Unit) have too low of watts. Does using integrated graphics stop the crashes? i5-9600k have integrated graphics. https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/134896/intel-core-i5-9600k-processor-9m-cache-up-to-4-60-ghz.html

I'll try Furmark and Prime95.

When it crashes, it just abruptly turns off.  Like it would if the power supply was manually shut off.  No shut down screen or anything, just cut to black, and the whole computer abruptly powered off, fans and all.

The GPU worked fine with my previous CPU and motherboard, so I doubt it's just a faulty GPU.

I also doubt it's the PSU because it worked fine with my previous system, and the newer CPU should draw less power (i5-9600K vs. i5-4670K).  Somebody has suggested that the old PSU may lack certain features that the CPU assumes PSU's have.

7 hours ago, eboomer said:

When it crashes, it just abruptly turns off.  Like it would if the power supply was manually shut off.

Something might be overheated so it cuts off power. HWinfo64 can show a whole lot more sensors. CPU, VRM (Voltage Regulator Module) on motherboard, chipset on motherboard, or anything else might have gotten too hot. A quick test is to have more fans blowing into motherboard.

Something might be faulty, maybe the PSU. Try different PSU with enough watts.

Could maybe turn off intel turbo boost on motherboard settings for hopefully more stability maybe.

I kind of not sure what else to say, other then something might be overheated or is faulty. Internet search have more possible reasons. https://www.google.com/search?q=computer+loses+power