Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Drop Rate for Lua Lens Blueprints is Too Low

Endurlay

An 8% chance to drop an item that you're going to want more than one of is ridiculous, especially when every other item on the loot table is relics (with the exception of the rarer Universal Medallion).

I'm begging you, either increase the rate for Lua Lens Blueprints or put some other reward into this mission that makes the time I spend trying to get these things feel slightly less wasted.

• Like 1

i mean, it's faster to get Lua Lenses than it is to get Eidolon Lenses. the Chance per Reward set is lower, but the Gamemode is certainly much faster than Earth Bounties.

in the long run technically your bottleneck is Eidolon Lenses. or normal Lenses potentially, since you need several of them per.

6 minutes ago, Endurlay said:

You don't need ANY if you've maxed focus.

you're not my real dad, you can't tell me what to do.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1

Dropped for me within 2 hours the two times I've been farming for it. As others have said, the required eidolon lens is MUCH worse, so I really can't complain. Last time I just spent the plat for it. 

Just keep investing in your focus pool while farming for specific lenses. 

Edited by SirTobe
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, taiiat said:

i mean, it's faster to get Lua Lenses than it is to get Eidolon Lenses. the Chance per Reward set is lower, but the Gamemode is certainly much faster than Earth Bounties.

in the long run technically your bottleneck is Eidolon Lenses. or normal Lenses potentially, since you need several of them per.

you're not my real dad, you can't tell me what to do.

You're not wrong. But in your quest of relics, Nightwave bounties and Eidolon lenses, you'll end up with a sizable stockpile or normal lenses anyway. But Eidolon lenses... they are definitely more painful to get.

8 minutes ago, nslay said:

You're not wrong. But in your quest of relics, Nightwave bounties and Eidolon lenses, you'll end up with a sizable stockpile or normal lenses anyway. But Eidolon lenses... they are definitely more painful to get.

right, hence only potentially on Normal Lenses, and only because you consume them in large number batches. i'm not sure i actually think they enter such a supply issue since you have so many rolls for them in the Bounties, and ergo may get numerous of them from a single Bounty.
the two aspects may very well cancel each other out.

Edited by taiiat

Honestly, you don't even need Lua Lens for fast Focus conversion, since Greater Lens and even Normal Lens is enough to max it out within the 24hr reset.

10 minutes ago, taiiat said:

the two aspects may very well cancel each other out.

That's easy to calculate. For Normal Lens, take the average time you use to complete a bounty for them (either T3 or T4), and divide it by the probability that you get at least one lens from those bounties to get average time for at least one Normal Lens in a bounty. Do the same for Eidolon Lens blueprint, then multiply the average time for at least one Normal Lens by Σ((4/i) × P(i)) (0 < i < Max. number of Normal lens you can get in a bounty, P(i) is probability you get i Normal Lenses in a bounty) to get the average amount of time for 4 Normal Lenses.

Then you get something like: For an average y minutes needed to get an Eidolon Lens blueprint, need x minutes to get 4 Normal Lenses to just cancel out.

14 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

That's easy to calculate.

that doesn't mean that i bothered to do it though. (i didn't) :^)
and that ballparking it mentally suggested that they were relatively close to each other (which was good enough for me)

though i'd probably use expected average of Normal Lenses per Bounty instead of probability of atleast one per Bounty.
or just probability to get one. depending on how i'm feeling.

which uhhh, something like ~8.7 Bounties to get one Eidolon Lens BP vs....

• Tier III: depending on Roation because ofcourse the Reward Pools are fuq'd:
    • ~3.6 Bounties for a Lens, or ~3.5.
  • Tier IV: ~3.9 Bounties for a Lens, or ~3.

welp, looks like Normal Lenses don't bottleneck then, seeing as the 4 of them you will need will likely take a couple Bounties less than the Eidolon Lens will.
even with Tier V having 5 Stages while Tier III has 4, the speed different is pretty clear as a single Bounty adds a considerable amount of time to each side of the scale.

and while i'm at it... ~12.4 Disruption C Rewards for a Lua Lens.... but ofcourse Disruption 'waves' take less time than 5 Waves of Defense does, to say the least.

It's not very low at all, especially considering how low the eidolon lens BP is.

Also the bonus objectives they added for PoE feel really unbalanced.  1 minute for assassinate especially is really pushing it (pure luck if you even get enough spawns to hit it), and the 50% liberate threshold is easy to lose extremely quickly in certain camps where terrain can block a large squad and rapidly drain control.  Also capture failing if anything incidental causes a kill such as voms if you dip into night.

Can they just add these somewhere for like 100k Cetus rep?  Or Quills rep?  

Edited by Callback
  • Like 1

i think its fine. 8% chance every couple minutes for infinite C rotations? you only need a tiny handful of them. that is a high drop chance. any other mode and you are looking at close to 20 minutes for just a single try at the reward on the C table.

1 hour ago, Sharkgoblin said:

i got several medallions

but no lua lenses. i actually forgot they existed

hey me too! except in reverse. i forgot syndicate medallions came from that. Lua Lens is a higher chance to get.