KaraBela94

Boltor Prime

Hey was there anything about that weapons if it will get a buff or anything? I mean "Assault Rifles" are in general a rare sight at "End-Game" content and the Boltor Prime is a super example why.

I mean I love the "Look" and the handling of the gun but it really seems too weak. E.g. shoots got travel time, poor crit. damage+ chance, overall damage is about underwhelming and of course the huge reload time.

Cant we just buff assault rifle by adding at least 0,5 puncture and lower the reload times by appr.  15 to 20% ? I mean other weapons types got at least aoe damage, high damage in general and such.

Really I tried every Assault Rifle in the game and they are just not really good and Iam really tired of playing just Zarr, Opticor, Fulmin, Rubico, Acceltra and such.

Please take a look at ARs in general 🙂

• Applause 1

I remember the times where Boltor Prime was the strongest rifle in the game by a large margin.
Power-creep sure is real 😄

• Like 3

Its more that its stats were just changed, it used to have high damage but lowish critical and passable status but nothing to write-home again. It also has faster projectile speed compared to the regular; but the stats were changed around and like many pure full auto, it doesn't really compete as well when everything is geared around massive damage (or reduced to uselessness due to innate damage resist and high armor with immunity to status. As far as full auto go, the Boltor prime is like the Soma prime, a solid weapon as full auto are but you can't rely on them for the heavy lifting but instead killing the chaff. Its just the way DE has gone with their balance lately.

Boltor's got buffed not to long ago in sc , cc and riven dispo , I got decent riven for boltor p and its fairly decent status and crit hybrid

One of most loudest and strongest gun in my arsenal,how could u say it's weak??

3 hours ago, KaraBela94 said:

poor crit. damage+ chance

Boltor Prime is a Status weapon.

If you want a Crit Boltor, use the Telos variant.

8 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

Boltor's got buffed not to long ago in sc , cc and riven dispo , I got decent riven for boltor p and its fairly decent status and crit hybrid

2017 is quite long ago

8 hours ago, Syq111 said:

One of most loudest and strongest gun in my arsenal,how could u say it's weak??

What's your arsenal comprised of? MK-Braton? Hind? Maybe the occassional Latron?

vor 15 Stunden schrieb DarkRuler2500:

I remember the times where Boltor Prime was the strongest rifle in the game by a large margin.

I remember the time, where the normal Boltor was the strongest rifle in the game.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb (PS4)LoisGordils:

What's your arsenal comprised of? MK-Braton? Hind? Maybe the occassional Latron?

Nah, I think with a good riven and Hunter munition even the normal latron can beat the Boltor Prime. 

Especially the legacy assault rifles, the AR weapon class itself needs some buff. Be it utility stats like punch through and/or reload or base damage stats, they really need to be better for high level contents. 

PS I am talking about especially Soma Prime and Stradvar Prime. And they may also need their sounds remastered to sound more mechanical. 

Edited by George_PPS

Eh. Original Soma was actually better than Boltor Prime. It was never the best Assault Rifle.

I agree though, Assault Rifles as a class are on the weak end. After years they finally sorta helped with their ammo economy issues which was a major cause but they still tend to be mediocre. Beam Weapons are a good example of where Assault Rifles and automatic single target DPS in general should be.

Many Pistols are a good example of where semi-auto Rifles should be. That particular class of primaries seems just about dead when it comes to single target DPS. There's no reason to use a semi-auto Rifle over a pistol esp since DE has started this screwy difference in accuracy when aiming and not aiming. Something that should be exclusive to snipers as the point of a standard Rifle is the versatility of aimed and hip shots.

On 2019-10-15 at 5:35 AM, Xzorn said:

Eh. Original Soma was actually better than Boltor Prime. It was never the best Assault Rifle.

I agree though, Assault Rifles as a class are on the weak end. After years they finally sorta helped with their ammo economy issues which was a major cause but they still tend to be mediocre. Beam Weapons are a good example of where Assault Rifles and automatic single target DPS in general should be.

Many Pistols are a good example of where semi-auto Rifles should be. That particular class of primaries seems just about dead when it comes to single target DPS. There's no reason to use a semi-auto Rifle over a pistol esp since DE has started this screwy difference in accuracy when aiming and not aiming. Something that should be exclusive to snipers as the point of a standard Rifle is the versatility of aimed and hip shots.

In this game you can see if a weapon is good or it's  not,  only playing  real plays against 150+ enemies. All automatic rifles are total useless, you will waste ammo trying to kill something and you will just run out of ammo, while semi auto and full status weapons can still hit hard....

and hunter munitions doesn't help... There is too much discrepancy between automatic rifles  < semi< sniper <melee.

At least they buffed some bows because they were pretty useless till now.

BTW i think the telos boltor is superior, excluding the slow projectile speed.

Boltor prime has not slash at all and being an high status weapon and low damage per hit even gas build is useless.

The telos can get over 100% crit easily(but you can't get over 100% status chance)and having a decent status and you can use HM easily.

These are old weapons thought to kill the old level enemies but with puncture only you don't kill anything today.

Edited by bibmobello

2 hours ago, bibmobello said:

These are old weapons thought to kill the old level enemies but with puncture only you don't kill anything today.

I'm not sure what you're point is but nothing has really changed in the damage system outside additional status mods. Original Soma was like 7 years ago and there was one 60/60 Toxic set out at the time. It was better because it was Slash even with the lower status and because the head-shot DPS was better.

Back then your choices were Ogris, Soma, Orthos Prime, Dread and Boltor Prime. Lex Prime wasn't even out yet.

I thought I made it pretty clear I think Assault Rifles are bad though. Only Primary single target I use are beam weapons.
And 50 Accuracy with superior status Vs Telos 25 Accuracy is why I'd always take the Prime if I were to bother.
Telos doesn't head-shot well and HM doesn't scale as well compared to stripping armor quicker.

1 hour ago, bibmobello said:

BTW i think the telos boltor is superior, excluding the slow projectile speed.

I couldn't exclude that personally since it's soo slooow .  And combining that and  its lower accuracy on a crit weapon with arcing projectiles makes it such a frustrating weapon to me.

On 2019-10-13 at 8:29 AM, DarkRuler2500 said:

It isn't nearly as bad as the OP is making it out to be. It's still an effective weapon. 

However, the power creep is real and the gun has been left behind in handling--the slow reload, limited ammunition, and the issues projectile-based weapons all seem to share. 

The main thing is it used to be one of a very few weapons in its power range and weapon type. Now there are many it competes with and many of those are just easier to use well and of roughly equivalent power.