Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If DE one day decide to go full EA, will you stay or go?

I think I would go try something else....and... actually without being able to transfer accounts or somehow port over everything to a new account...I don't see the point in trying to start over to play another six years plus after the PS5 has run its course to get to where I was on a PC...

It was free and I got my money's worth for my time and whatever I spent on this PS4 and the up coming PS5...

I'll just hold currently to my first rule of Warframe, which is don't get attached to anything...and see how it goes...

I think anyone in their right mind would leave, tho you would inevitably have some holdouts who through sunk cost or blind loyalty would stay. Not enough to keep the game afloat. In any case there would be an exodus, which is sad because I really like DE and Warframe. 

That said I personally don't see DE hitting the "Evil" button any time soon. 

Go, duh.

But, would they? I mean, just in terms pure practicality, they aren't big enough to manage it. EA is able to do it because they have guaranteed profit from any game they make. No matter how much garbage they shovel, FIFA's gonna give them a big pay check because each yearly rerelease is a big advert for them. They've got the Star Wars license which, for better or worse, will sell millions of copies. And they have Call of Duty, one of the massive, big name games, Call of Duty. They're one of the few companies that have managed to avoid pumping up their dev costs too much, most likely through extremely unethical business practices (IIRC they got called out on them a while back) whilst pumping up profits. They're practically too big to fail, at least without the major bubble they're trying to balance winds up bursting. And that time will likely come, as there's been some major straining a few times over the past few years and serious legislative rumblings. But until such a time they can't really be touched.

DE, on the other hand, runs a single F2P MMO. If that one game fails, they have no fall-back option. They have a model that works. Why would they risk messing with it? It's why I think Leyou is probably hands-off with them. If you've got a cash cow but nothing else, better not to mess with it too bad. Looking at their website, they are basically leaning on Warframe as heavy as they can. Sure, they apparently have other licensed games coming up, but those don't give the same amount of stability unless you are as big as EA - the company holding the license will be a lot stingier.

That's not even going into the evident passion DE have for the medium of games. Their infamous ambition stems from exactly that. But it also means they're unlikely to go down that road without major management changes. Sure, it can and does lead into other issues, but that's another can of worms.

• Like 1

The EA way would be to purchase Digital Extremes and leave them into a decaying state much like Crytech and other smaller studios under their wing.

I don't even understand what kind of discussion this thread tries to impose. You may as well double down and talk about how Blizzard has been acting these days. In all honesty, there's no real positive to "being like EA". The title alone starts this thread off with a negative tone. Nothing good will come to Warframe if they adopt the practices of the large publishers.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb HugintheCrow:

Better question:

If you could make a fear-mongering, click-bait thread would you do it?

OP's answer is YES!

And dont forget to bring your topic back to the frontpage with a meaningless reply before it gets archived after it got completly forgotten to maybe get a few more likes! 😉

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

No. The guy means that Blizzard went full political about the Hong Kong thing.

Keep politics out of here.

No actually Blizzard did what they did in order to keep politics out of their games and i agree with them. Every company should follow their example i dont want politics in games i am here to have fun.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gromzok said:

No actually Blizzard did what they did in order to keep politics out of their games

Bulls*it. Blizzard's Chinese social media accounts stated that "they will always act to defend China's dignity"

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, 844448 said:

Let's say, DE go full EA and bungie

Ooh, they don't even have to chase after EA.
If DE stays true to their inhouse formula and deliver mediocre or disappointed content again - I am out. Waiting one year for 2 weeks of playtime is just not worth it. There is no goodwill on DE's account anymore. That Ember rework might make it happen even sooner than the "main" update.

Just now, ShortCat said:

Ooh, they don't even have to chase after EA.
If DE stays true to their inhouse formula and deliver mediocre or disappointed content again - I am out. Waiting one year for 2 weeks of playtime is just not worth it. There is no goodwill on DE's account anymore. That Ember rework might make it happen even sooner than the "main" update.

Can I have your stuff?

3 hours ago, Renegade343 said:

At least it's not Blizzard.

But probably leave if all of what you said somehow happens.

Like comparing cancer to metastasis or death by lethal injection to electrical chair.

just friggin kill me. I assume we are all smart people who noticed the poor condition the gaming industry is in right now and it is no secret how morally perverted have some companies become in order to milk their customers.

EA "Don't like it, Don't buy it", Blizzard "Yes master Xi, we will protect China' honor" and Bethesda "Why develop a game when we have players doing it for us and even fixing bugs and paying to do so? LOLOLOL" are just 3 of many disgusting companies that sold their souls for money.

If Warframe goes the same way it will take me a second to leave forever. This is something I think (and even hope to a certain extent) many players would do.

34 minutes ago, Gromzok said:

No actually Blizzard did what they did in order to keep politics out of their games and i agree with them. Every company should follow their example i dont want politics in games i am here to have fun.

Absolutely false as someone already mentioned. Go look for the actual translation of Blizzard response for China

Edited by Olphalarepth
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Olphalarepth said:

I assume we are all smart people who noticed the poor condition the gaming industry is in right now

I mean there is this:

34 minutes ago, Gromzok said:

• Like 1

Just now, KAEY0SS said:

Well, go to region chat and proclaim "liberate (a certain country)" and it gets instantly censored. Proclaim the pride of a certain orientation known for their love of musical theater and nothing happens. That there is already highly suspect.

This is actual test worthy. BRB

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Olphalarepth said:

Cannot believe. Even warframe censor the message "LIBERATE HONG KONG"

True to my word I retire from the game immediately, bye bye Empyrean

Going to miss some of you guys, take care and be happy

Give me your stuffs first before retiring

5 minutes ago, Olphalarepth said:

Cannot believe. Even warframe censor the message "LIBERATE HONG KONG"

True to my word I retire from the game immediately, bye bye Empyrean

Going to miss some of you guys, take care and be happy

Interesting. What about other countries?

EA? Can't say I like EA or their practices. I probably wouldn't stick with the game if it went that far down being anti-consumer. Activsion Blizzard is doing their own self immolation of their retained goodwill so far, so I think emulating that would also be a very bad idea. 

16 minutes ago, Urlan said:

EA? Can't say I like EA or their practices. I probably wouldn't stick with the game if it went that far down being anti-consumer. Activsion Blizzard is doing their own self immolation of their retained goodwill so far, so I think emulating that would also be a very bad idea. 

Perhaps this what will happen if people keep asking for more content, dedicated servers, etc. Can't keep things without money