Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If DE one day decide to go full EA, will you stay or go?

30 minutes ago, KAEY0SS said:

Well, go to region chat and proclaim "liberate (a certain country)" and it gets instantly censored. Proclaim the pride of a certain orientation known for their love of musical theater and nothing happens. That there is already highly suspect.

25 minutes ago, Olphalarepth said:

Cannot believe. Even warframe censor the message "LIBERATE HONG KONG"

True to my word I retire from the game immediately, bye bye Empyrean

Going to miss some of you guys, take care and be happy

I am apparently not banned or censored by typing 'Liberate Hong Kong' in Region chat, so... I don't know? Probably isn't about the message.

28 minutes ago, Olphalarepth said:

1 minute ago, Renegade343 said:

I am apparently not banned or censored by typing 'Liberate Hong Kong' in Region chat, so... I don't know? Probably isn't about the message.

Guess it's the "broken caps lock" case where you get censored or kicked for typing with full capital

1 hour ago, Olphalarepth said:

Typing anything in chat with full capslock will get you muted by chatbot with a message from chatbot along the lines of "it's time to lay off with the capslock."

As for OPs original post, it'd never happen, because it'd literally kill the franchise. However, if for some insane reason it did happen, pretty sure 90% or more of the community would nope the #*!% out in an instant.

Edited by Numerikuu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ShortCat said:

Yes, I think about making a thread and announcing this "gift event".

Well, that's respectable, actually. Unlike the typical "I'm quitting, everyone look at me pls" -posts.

Assuming this is legit, did you write it in all caps? Cuz the game has a habit of kicking messages that are too long in all caps.

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Assuming this is legit, did you write it in all caps? Cuz the game has a habit of kicking messages that are too long in all caps.

Yes all in caps but the game censored me with

"That is not an appropriate topic for our space-ninja game" (took screenshot)

I don't think that appropriate topic has anything to do with caps lock.

11 minutes ago, Olphalarepth said:

Yes all in caps but the game censored me with

"That is not an appropriate topic for our space-ninja game" (took screenshot)

I don't think that appropriate topic has anything to do with caps lock.

Well, they are also known for banning several words or phrases relating to topics like these. I don't know the exact policy but I wouldn't be surprised if they avoided all political talk, regardless of whether or not they agree with it or not.

Edit: Also, Leyou, which has a pretty sizable chunk of DE, is based in Hong Kong. Which means that Warframe could potentially put people right in the firing line.

Edited by Loza03
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Well, they are also known for banning several words or phrases relating to topics like these. I don't know the exact policy but I wouldn't be surprised if they avoided all political talk, regardless of whether or not they agree with it or not.

Edit: Also, Leyou, which has a pretty sizable chunk of DE, is based in Hong Kong. Which means that Warframe could potentially put people right in the firing line.

I know, searched warframe in wikipedia and the company that owns it a few days ago and I thought it was very safe to say it in game. All the more reason to point this out, you can't say a thing because the bully in turn is threatening you and you oblige?

Leyou can bend the knee, I don't have nor need to.

Can anyone else please test in game? Chat bot blocked me instantly but someone else managed to type? it only blocks in caps lock?

or you just cant shout all caps in region chat. but yea lets go with yours.

Well, paid DLC wouldn't make me quit as long as it doesn't contain any stat changing rewards. Paid story content might give DE actual incentives to do more quests. I did quit WF before, but because I heavily disagreed with their design decisions, not because of their monetization. Luckily, it only took a few months for them to revert that decision, which is why I'm still here.

12 minutes ago, Olphalarepth said:

I know, searched warframe in wikipedia and the company that owns it a few days ago and I thought it was very safe to say it in game. All the more reason to point this out, you can't say a thing because the bully in turn is threatening you and you oblige?

Leyou can bend the knee, I don't have nor need to.

Can anyone else please test in game? Chat bot blocked me instantly but someone else managed to type? it only blocks in caps lock?

When the 'bully' has a gun and an itchy trigger finger? For Leyou, the phrase 'Firing line' may not be so metaphorical.

16 minutes ago, KAEY0SS said:

Okay, tried it again, no longer censored. I'm pretty sure I didn't engage capslog a.k.a. cruise control for cool. They might have changed it. 

Same, tried combinations such as:

LIBERATE Hong Kong [no censorship]

LIBERATE MOON [no censorship]

liberate Hong Kong [no censorship]

And it seems like it's ok but the screenshot I took before says other wise as it clearly prompted me to avoid the thing altogether without even mentioning the caps lock. Don't know what to say except that it is better to be wrong in these circumstances.

7 hours ago, 844448 said:

If DE walk down this path one day, will you stay, or go?

you know, that's actually a tough one, and I can't say yes or no.

on the one hand, I'd find them going full EA abhorrent and want to leave. I'd be furious that a company I not only gave a LOT of money to over the years, but also believed in (and I'm one sceptical and cynical son of a bish, so that means something to me) would treat their own fans this way. it's not an exaggeration for me to say that I believe DE are one of the last "good ones": one of the last Devs that actually seem to give a damn about their games. my faith in the industry to do right by us gamers has been broken and mended so many times it's more like Superglue than belief, but this I feel would make me despise the entire industry, and become even more cynical than I already am (not sure if that's possible, but I'd rather not find out). put it this way, I'd produce enough salt to season an entire country's dinners for a month.

on the other, leaving for me would be hard because of all the time I've invested into Warframe. right now I don't know if I want to continue playing this other game, because all I do is log in and then log out, but I've also spent a LOT of time in it, though nowhere near as much as I have in Warframe. still, I don't know if I want to truly abandon it. for a game like Warframe, which I have played for a little over 4 YEARS, it would be hard to bear. I'd have to think about it for a long time. I suppose if the worst happened then maybe it would be for the best, but I wouldn't be happy about it, that's for sure.

but thankfully, things aren't going south, and while DE aren't perfect and there are problems with Warframe, they haven't thrown in ridiculous MTX and the like just yet.

5 hours ago, Gromzok said:

No actually Blizzard did what they did in order to keep politics out of their games and i agree with them. Every company should follow their example i dont want politics in games i am here to have fun.

Along with what others said before, another team showed that was a lie, given they did the same thing but wasn't punished for it. In China, things are handled differently than in West when it comes to games in every way possible. Blizzard just wasn't expecting such a response from the West.

Western companies bending over for China isn't even new, so many movies, music and games are completely altered just for the chance of getting money from China, due to China being the only other country at the moment with a similar global market share to the US, with the possibility of even surpassing the US. 

i rather go than staying, i dislike EA whatever they do they gonna fail at it "always". *yup im going back to tera online*

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, 844448 said:

Perhaps I'm overthinking this, but seeing how things go, it's very tempting to put as much as possible for revenue.

Let's say, DE go full EA and bungie one day, with :

- Mandatory DLC purchase for content, means Empyrean, The New War, and upcoming contents are behind paywall

- Lots of lootboxes added as surprise mechanics for upgrades and such

- Premium paid content/season pass for events and nightwave, means some of the best skins and things are locked behind season passes

- More massive grinding where you need to spend weeks or months to get something (remember wisp or fulmin where you only need a few hundred when you get them in two digits amount from just one enemy or locker? Now you need thousands and only get them in quantity of no more than 5. You can buy though)

For the offset, there are some things you get since DE has manners and things :

- Contents are double, sometimes tripled in frequency and amount

- There are so many sustainable content (read : endless grinding) that you will never be able to gobble them down, even when you play 24/7/365 (10% free, the rest is paid)

- Higher quality in all aspects, from graphics to gameplay

- Smoother content release, means they will set a date and release on said date, even a day earlier with no bugs at all

- So many endgame that even with your best gear you will never run out of endgame and you won't be able to roll through it without any struggle like many people claim so there's endless difficulty and challenge (locked behind DLC of course)

- Many dedicated servers scattered on every inch of the world, ensuring you will never have more than 100 ms ping (requires server pass)

If DE walk down this path one day, will you stay, or go?

If Warframe charged even half of what destiny charges, without SIGNIFICANTLY increasing quality. I would dip at first notice.

Concurrently. Warframe =

Charges you 60 80 150$ every 3 months

For a reskin of a warframe. And 2 weapons

You can get those free with grinding over about 1 week quick

2 days at most luck with rng.

As well. We barely get any content

Outside of weapons cosmetics and frames

Literally just nightwave this year

And gas city. But dont worry

If you spent 888 plat on a riven

Itll get nerfed every 3 months to

Like supra opticor and catchmoon did 3 times

• Like 1

Definitely go.

I don't care if it will be more content and at higher quality if that means squeezing every conceivable and inconceivable penny out of players to achieve it. Ends don't justify the means. I'm strongly against predatory monetization practices so I would be out the moment something like this happens. I don't mind paying for the game, but I do mind being psycologcally manipulated into spending more and more and more.

I'd be fine paying a flat DLC price or subscription as long as there is no loot boxes or further charges once you've paid the upfront price. The moment a premium price game tries to charge me for anything that's not a sizable DLC is the moment it completely loses my interest if it's multiplayer, or it's the moment I boot up CheatEngine (or just mod it) to give myself infinite premium currency if it's a single player title.

CD Projekt Red (Witcher titles) does monetization right for single player. I will gladly pay anything to guys like that.

For multiplayer - I'd say EVE online is a good example of subscription based game monetization. For free to play - hard to say, there aren't any good examples I know of besides Warframe (and it's not quite perfect).

Warframe monetization is rather good, but has some bs areas (like Warframe/weapon slot purchasing not being really optional and some things that should've been paid being free). But discussion about Warframe monetization is a thing for it's own thread.

I would leave. EA is notorious for running bad servers and as a result there are bad issues with server disconnects all the time. Their problem solving ability revolves around the principle of "if we ignore the complaints enough they will eventually stop and start spending more money on us". Their idea of customer relations is uncompromising. I believe that if Warframe goes to EA it will not be long before people stop playing it.