Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If DE one day decide to go full EA, will you stay or go?

7 hours ago, 844448 said:

Perhaps this what will happen if people keep asking for more content, dedicated servers, etc. Can't keep things without money

That is why DE chose the Leyou path in the first place, after founders helped the Warframe idea float. Its not something to be glib about. That said, its one of those things to watch and listen about, and up to the players to make their choices wisely if it happens.

12 hours ago, Twistedsparkle said:

if DE would choose to change their monetization and other business practices to the likes of EA or any other unethical company
I would go since that would mean the DE I know and love no longer exists

that said
I trust DE will do whatever it is to prevent something like that from happening

I dont know any DE members personally but what Ive seen 6-7 years of devstreams,player interactions, other streams,tweets,updates and other media from devs
also fantastic customer service over the years I think all of them have their heart in the right place

on final note I also think theres always room for improvement on that matter
warframe and DE are no exceptions
Prime access and platinum prices have been under critique for a long time for steep prices

Agreed but that type of question from OP wasn't too far from my mind though considering the numbers. 

DE pays its employees very well, with an average of about $79K per year and about 320 employees (totaling about $25 million). That's in Canada too and not including benefits. Also not included is building costs, hardware, software, marketing, travel, studio renting, leasing, servers, dividends, commissions, lawyers, outsourcing, licensing, bonuses, lodging for additional staffing during large productions/shortened timelines, Tennogen payouts, etc. That's an extremely large amount of cash flow needed to support that...especially from a free to play company with DE's mindset of pricing.

Now, if they were to go pay to play for new content, I'd give it a shot the first time around, if the reviews are good, because I've been playing this damn game for half a decade, I'm happy with it and don't think it would be a greed move. The reviews will determine that. I'm not going to front and all of a sudden have a negative opinion based on emotional thinking bull crap. 

However, I'd be heavily critical of the work. I'd be as critical as Life of Rio actually. I'd fully expect a reasonable package along with the update as well as monthly additions to that mainline content in way of new zones, enemies and, ultimately, a new boss. Although people have lied about it, DE has an update schedule on par with AAA games so I'd only expect more employees hired in order to release content faster.

DE just went full EA on me, they posted more than 2 weeks ago that nightwave was ending, and then just stopped talking about it. Well, after a week, I forgot so now I lost all of the time I invested into that, all because it was too hard for them to code in a date deadline into the actual nightwave menu. They already had a timer for when the wares switched, was it so hard to just change it to read that all of our creds were expiring instead of just the wares would be replaced? I'm sick of this oversight and they obviously won't give the credits back now so I'm done with this game.

I left Marvel Heroes while I still loved it, due to burn out and nothing really worth doing for the thousandth time in a row. Then the "stupidest update ever" hit, and the game was dead within a year. Ironically, or not, it was due to some guys who were former EA an Activision screwing things up. I'm only thankful that I can say I still have my love for the game due to when I did quit instead of being there to watch them destroy it.

If DE went the route of EA and them, I would not hesitate to quit and never look back.

Okay, the best comparison I can make is to the Sims 4. I'm a big Sims fan and have been playing since the original, sims 2 being my all time favorite. Sims 4, has massive potential, technically superior to 2 on a basic level, but lacks soul in most of it. Most of it is over priced, under done expansion content. Which when I look at it I struggle to find a reason as to why I would ever want it. Which is why I have so little of them. Not even half of the actual expansions and only like 2 game packs. Basically, I look at things and determine if its worth it for me to throw money at or not.

I take the same approach with Warframe in terms of discernment, but I have the benefit of being able to simply farm for most things and thus do not have to spend money for anything I don't feel deserves it. Going the EA route would be a death knell for the game really, people already complain endlessly about lack of content. Just imagine how much screeching there would be if they had to wait every 3-4 months for a half done expansion at near full game price without the option for farming. That would kill off pretty much every totally free player pretty quick and cause over reliance on whales to keep things going.

No.

But that's because of my reasoning for playing and gambling, not for ethical reasons. Gambling is toxic, it appeals to a very bad aspect of human instincts by giving a false short feeling of pleasure. Only regrets await and I know it well. If I gamble it has to be for something I am ready to be stupid for and not regret my choices, like something I idolize. There is nothing warframe has or could introduce that would warrant such thing from me.

Edited by Shelusine

The company is already making a lot of money without making it mandatory to purchase any platinum. I personally buy platinum to support DE because they're cool with the community. If this game was EA's I probably wouldn't have played it, and if I did, I wouldn't have spent a single dollar on it. 

6 hours ago, T.Hoagie said:

I left Marvel Heroes while I still loved it, due to burn out and nothing really worth doing for the thousandth time in a row. Then the "stupidest update ever" hit, and the game was dead within a year. Ironically, or not, it was due to some guys who were former EA an Activision screwing things up. I'm only thankful that I can say I still have my love for the game due to when I did quit instead of being there to watch them destroy it.

That isnt true mate. They had no former EA or Activision employees in their crew. They had some people that were formerly involved with some of the CoD games and a guy from Sega there. The only connection between EA, Activision and Gazillions were a few employees that left Gaz for those companies. On of them went to Blizzard to work on Overwatch, Ryolnir i.e Ryan also went over to Blizzard iirc and then Asros i.e Brian Waggoner went to work for EA sports.

It also wasnt design decisions or anyhting like that which screwed the game over, it was their former investor that had taken over the CEO role from David Brevik that #*!%ed it all up due to very very personal reasons that made Disney say #*!% this and end the project then and there. They already had a contract stretching to 2022, which had been obtained that same year. And the personal reasons around David Von Dohrmann that resulted in the termination was down to sexual herassment and simple mistreatment of employees aswell as re-hiring a former friend that had already been let go for Gaz during Brevik's and Doomsaw's time at the company due to a claim of sexual herassment at that point in time.

Regarding the rest of the thread. I'm quite amazed to find so many political activists in here. Wonder how much they actually care outside of these forums.

On 2019-10-13 at 9:34 AM, 844448 said:

For the offset, there are some things you get since DE has manners and things :

- Contents are double, sometimes tripled in frequency and amount

- There are so many sustainable content (read : endless grinding) that you will never be able to gobble them down, even when you play 24/7/365 (10% free, the rest is paid)

- Higher quality in all aspects, from graphics to gameplay

- Smoother content release, means they will set a date and release on said date, even a day earlier with no bugs at all

- So many endgame that even with your best gear you will never run out of endgame and you won't be able to roll through it without any struggle like many people claim so there's endless difficulty and challenge (locked behind DLC of course)

- Many dedicated servers scattered on every inch of the world, ensuring you will never have more than 100 ms ping (requires server pass)

That game sounds way better than what we have. I'd take that.

9 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

That isnt true mate. They had no former EA or Activision employees in their crew. They had some people that were formerly involved with some of the CoD games and a guy from Sega there. The only connection between EA, Activision and Gazillions were a few employees that left Gaz for those companies. On of them went to Blizzard to work on Overwatch, Ryolnir i.e Ryan also went over to Blizzard iirc and then Asros i.e Brian Waggoner went to work for EA sports.

It also wasnt design decisions or anyhting like that which screwed the game over, it was their former investor that had taken over the CEO role from David Brevik that #*!%ed it all up due to very very personal reasons that made Disney say #*!% this and end the project then and there. They already had a contract stretching to 2022, which had been obtained that same year. And the personal reasons around David Von Dohrmann that resulted in the termination was down to sexual herassment and simple mistreatment of employees aswell as re-hiring a former friend that had already been let go for Gaz during Brevik's and Doomsaw's time at the company due to a claim of sexual herassment at that point in time.

Regarding the rest of the thread. I'm quite amazed to find so many political activists in here. Wonder how much they actually care outside of these forums.

While I could be wrong about the status of those who took over after Brevik left, everyone I knew who played the game said the same things. They screwed up all of the game play with the "Biggest update ever". Frankly the road map that they were talking about before that hit and right before I left screamed the whole game on a basic level was going to be destroyed.

But yes, I did hear that getting it shut down was intentional. How that came about is irrelevant to me at this point, and doesn't change anything else. Game got screwed hard. And I'm only glad I left it while I still loved it instead of seeing it go down the toilet.

But maybe you can answer this since I have literally never been able to find an answer, did they remove the Fantastic Four from the game after the "Biggest update ever"?. I heard that a few times, but no one ever backed it up.

4 hours ago, Feltal said:

That game sounds way better than what we have. I'd take that.

So you don't mind spending at least $20 for one DLC, up to who knows how much or you will never get any new content? You need to pay for new content, nightwave pass, server pass, etc so you will spend around $200 in half a year, otherwise completely no content for you and it sounds way better for you?

On 2019-10-13 at 1:50 PM, Olphalarepth said:

Like comparing cancer to metastasis or death by lethal injection to electrical chair.

just friggin kill me. I assume we are all smart people who noticed the poor condition the gaming industry is in right now and it is no secret how morally perverted have some companies become in order to milk their customers.

EA "Don't like it, Don't buy it", Blizzard "Yes master Xi, we will protect China' honor" and Bethesda "Why develop a game when we have players doing it for us and even fixing bugs and paying to do so? LOLOLOL" are just 3 of many disgusting companies that sold their souls for money.

If Warframe goes the same way it will take me a second to leave forever. This is something I think (and even hope to a certain extent) many players would do.

Absolutely false as someone already mentioned. Go look for the actual translation of Blizzard response for China

Has DE been willing to make a statement concerning its partner program and topics like this?

They already do things I find scummy.

Vaults I find to be the most egregious.
They were originally designed when the Key System was a thing, Keys were getting saturated with 20+ parts per key.  So Vaults helped that.  They said then it was only temporary.

But then Relics came along and the excuse was there's not enough places to drop relics (even though like 100+ nodes on the Star Chart have no relics).

Obviously for them it's a no brainer to keep reselling 5 year old things because they manipulate their own market.  They literally create artificial scarcity in their own stock in order to push sales.

I've spent probably close to $2000 on this game now, so don't think I'm against supporting them, I just think vaults are scummy business.  You shouldn't be removing 5 year old content so you can resell it.  That's a blatant cash grab.  

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z

I once played a game called Skyforge that had great gameplay and it had me hooked. The raids in that game are some of the best that I've ever played. For a time I almost paid more money into it than Warframe however it's developers were so money hungry that the endgame grind was brutal without paying and in the end I ditched it like the bad habit that it is. The first thing they teach you in business ethics is that long term gains are much more sustainable than short term cash grabs but some devs can't resist the easy money.

Im already thinking of quiting they make warframes too much of a grind to get like gauge, why cant it just be from bosses like they used to,  also the psychological manipulation like fomo is pissing me off when it comes to nightwave battlepass or the daily logging rewards like boosters to try to manipulate you to just play warframe ive got other more rewarding games to play. 

15 hours ago, T.Hoagie said:

While I could be wrong about the status of those who took over after Brevik left, everyone I knew who played the game said the same things. They screwed up all of the game play with the "Biggest update ever". Frankly the road map that they were talking about before that hit and right before I left screamed the whole game on a basic level was going to be destroyed.

But yes, I did hear that getting it shut down was intentional. How that came about is irrelevant to me at this point, and doesn't change anything else. Game got screwed hard. And I'm only glad I left it while I still loved it instead of seeing it go down the toilet.

But maybe you can answer this since I have literally never been able to find an answer, did they remove the Fantastic Four from the game after the "Biggest update ever"?. I heard that a few times, but no one ever backed it up.

The BUE did screw things up, but not on its own. The biggest screw up was that they did the BUE, which would have turned out amazingly well if they had continued on it properly, but they knee-jerked due to Dohrmann shifting all focus on the console release, with Asros being a complete idiot and reworking the damage type system yet another time after the improvements PC recieved to it in BUE. This ment yet another massive rework was needed for PC and it got further delayed. The biggest issue people had with BUE was silly and trivial, it was about the movement and nothing else. The skilltree changes and the addition of the perks was recieved very well by the majority of players since it opened up alot of good build options, yet people just focused on the movement changes, or mainly the charge+CD mechanic that was added. Cos people could no longer go fast-fast and look out of place in the setting.

And regarding F4, yep they got removed as obtainables, but everyone who already owned them got to keep them. This was however not a Gaz decision, it was that flaming asshat CEO of Marvel that was behind all of it. And it is very likely that if MH would have still been around today, or in 2018, we would have seen F4 reintroduced due to what has been going on between Fox, Marvel and Disney.

But the main reason to all the crap that went down, Dohrmann and his pervo little board member friend are the ones to blame fully, well Asros aswell because he was nothing but a knee-dog that didnt really seem to care about the players at all. Which can be seen in the extreme decline in item design when he took over that role after Amthua left.

edit: Funny thing is, the last devstream that Gaz did, where they showcased the Apocalypse terminal, you could see in the face of the creator of it that he was extremely displeased with how it turned out just to save money. Nothing of it panned out as he actually wanted it since the CEO forced them to cut several corners in the encounter. Going from a decently long and interesting terminal with several mini-bosses and a Apoc fight, it turned into a two room terminal, where all mini bosses were in the first one and then not even a real Apoc fight in the second. They even cut corners on the Apoc model, only showing his torso, arms and head instead of the full massive body size altering monstrosity that Apoc tends to be.

Edited by SneakyErvin

17 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

The BUE did screw things up, but not on its own. The biggest screw up was that they did the BUE, which would have turned out amazingly well if they had continued on it properly, but they knee-jerked due to Dohrmann shifting all focus on the console release, with Asros being a complete idiot and reworking the damage type system yet another time after the improvements PC recieved to it in BUE. This ment yet another massive rework was needed for PC and it got further delayed. The biggest issue people had with BUE was silly and trivial, it was about the movement and nothing else. The skilltree changes and the addition of the perks was recieved very well by the majority of players since it opened up alot of good build options, yet people just focused on the movement changes, or mainly the charge+CD mechanic that was added. Cos people could no longer go fast-fast and look out of place in the setting.

And regarding F4, yep they got removed as obtainables, but everyone who already owned them got to keep them. This was however not a Gaz decision, it was that flaming asshat CEO of Marvel that was behind all of it. And it is very likely that if MH would have still been around today, or in 2018, we would have seen F4 reintroduced due to what has been going on between Fox, Marvel and Disney.

But the main reason to all the crap that went down, Dohrmann and his pervo little board member friend are the ones to blame fully, well Asros aswell because he was nothing but a knee-dog that didnt really seem to care about the players at all. Which can be seen in the extreme decline in item design when he took over that role after Amthua left.

edit: Funny thing is, the last devstream that Gaz did, where they showcased the Apocalypse terminal, you could see in the face of the creator of it that he was extremely displeased with how it turned out just to save money. Nothing of it panned out as he actually wanted it since the CEO forced them to cut several corners in the encounter. Going from a decently long and interesting terminal with several mini-bosses and a Apoc fight, it turned into a two room terminal, where all mini bosses were in the first one and then not even a real Apoc fight in the second. They even cut corners on the Apoc model, only showing his torso, arms and head instead of the full massive body size altering monstrosity that Apoc tends to be.

I did hear that they removed the free movement powers, which, honestly, was just stupid to do. People had been asking forever for that, they finally got it, and not that long after it gets removed?. I mean really?

But thanks for letting me know about the F4, nobody could give me an answer on that. And some people made it sound like they flat out removed them entirely from everyone who had them, which, would have pissed me off if I was still playing/still able to play. I put a lot of work into them, especially Thing and Invisible Woman.

But ultimately, I'm right, they screwed the pooch and wrecked everything. And we lost out on a great FTP as a result.

And Apocalypse was gonna be a raid boss?, that might have been fun if done right. Surtur was at least decent.

11 hours ago, T.Hoagie said:

I did hear that they removed the free movement powers, which, honestly, was just stupid to do. People had been asking forever for that, they finally got it, and not that long after it gets removed?. I mean really?

But thanks for letting me know about the F4, nobody could give me an answer on that. And some people made it sound like they flat out removed them entirely from everyone who had them, which, would have pissed me off if I was still playing/still able to play. I put a lot of work into them, especially Thing and Invisible Woman.

But ultimately, I'm right, they screwed the pooch and wrecked everything. And we lost out on a great FTP as a result.

And Apocalypse was gonna be a raid boss?, that might have been fun if done right. Surtur was at least decent.

Then someone gave you false info. They changed the speed of the free movement skills since it was better for the performance of the game, it went from something like 1000 speed down to 850 or so after being initially overbuffed to 1000 speed. Then they gave everyone free dashing, but with charges and cooldowns tied to each charge. So dashing became the combat movement and travel skills the actual travel skills they were intended as. They also streamlined it so teleporting wasnt OP anymore, so the handful of heroes that had teleport were inline with everyone else.

And they did screw it up massively, they should have skipped the console port completely at that point in time and made some overhauls to the game instead. Yet everything got so streamlined, all maps got shrunken etc. And Apoc was never going to be a raid, it was supposed to be a real terminal with several mini-bosses and finaly Apoc himself, kinda like the Bronx Zoo but with 4 horse(wo)men spread out across the map. Thanos was a future plan on a raid boss and it seems like Dormamuu was too. But they also had plans to revamp the raids and turn them into 1-5 man missions so everyone could do them.

It is too bad it got shut down because they had a great cash shop system, probably the best free-to-play system out there. That along with revamping the skill system into something great that actually made you pick and choose what you actually wanted to use instead of spamming out the mandatory maxed skillpoints and then 1pt everything else to fill several hotbars just because you could. Gods I really miss that game.

12 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Then someone gave you false info. They changed the speed of the free movement skills since it was better for the performance of the game, it went from something like 1000 speed down to 850 or so after being initially overbuffed to 1000 speed. Then they gave everyone free dashing, but with charges and cooldowns tied to each charge. So dashing became the combat movement and travel skills the actual travel skills they were intended as. They also streamlined it so teleporting wasnt OP anymore, so the handful of heroes that had teleport were inline with everyone else.

And they did screw it up massively, they should have skipped the console port completely at that point in time and made some overhauls to the game instead. Yet everything got so streamlined, all maps got shrunken etc. And Apoc was never going to be a raid, it was supposed to be a real terminal with several mini-bosses and finaly Apoc himself, kinda like the Bronx Zoo but with 4 horse(wo)men spread out across the map. Thanos was a future plan on a raid boss and it seems like Dormamuu was too. But they also had plans to revamp the raids and turn them into 1-5 man missions so everyone could do them.

It is too bad it got shut down because they had a great cash shop system, probably the best free-to-play system out there. That along with revamping the skill system into something great that actually made you pick and choose what you actually wanted to use instead of spamming out the mandatory maxed skillpoints and then 1pt everything else to fill several hotbars just because you could. Gods I really miss that game.

Well, it really doesn't matter at this point if I got false info or not. Games dead and gone, and sadly isn't coming back. And even if it did, I would have to get a really good look at the system before I decide if its as messed up as it came across or not.

I mean really, I had some really powerful builds that I put a lot of work into. Summoner Doom, Basic Soldier Cap, Dash@Blast Silver Surfer. And a bunch of others out of all those heroes and villains.

Great...now I miss my Randy Savage Juggernaut build.