Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do people even fail in this game

S.Dust

2 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Wow, you really are a forum player, huh...

nice catch, dang. wow indeed xD

also, i've failed a mission recently. Even lost all rewards since it wasnt arbies. Big shock to me xD
It was a Lua disruption to farm relics. Failed because a non-pub squad started disbanding, and the final host migration gave me a heck ton of bugs, but i kept going on lol. So yeah, only on solo... RIP

If you have never failed, you either aren't pushing yourself hard enough, or haven't played enough to see things like capture targets fall off the map, or fall into rotating blades on grineer underwater missions, or hover in mid air where you can't reach them. How many people recall capture turned exterminate where all the mobs would vanish preventing reaching the kill count? Or even better the only way to leave frame fighter counted as an abort, even though they fixed it, I never go there because leaving is still named abort, and there is no quit in my vocabulary.

I'd say half my failures were bugs, the other half well earned in endless multi hour runs or things like, 4 embers t4 def go until failure, for the fun of it, but all 31 aborted missions are straight bugs cause, I'll never quit.

Just happened yesterday.

Was doing a Relic run on a Mobile Def with the Grinny and it was one I had not done in a long while. The first one was in the one time where it's a walkway above, tunnel to the right and a hallway under that either leads to more tiles or a container room.

We did the first mass driver there and right after getting it done, we got a CHANGE OF PLANS. We started killing the Grinny but then the Extract area came up and the amount of Grinny to kill disappeared. We kept on to the extraction when all of a sudden- MISSION FAILED popped up.

I laughed as it was the first one I had in a long while and still not sure what made us fail. Was it we did not kill all the Grinny or we did not go do the rest of the Mobiles? First time for me

.....and the others Rage Quit right as we got back to our Orbiters

5 hours ago, S.Dust said:

Kinda as the title said when was the last time you actually failed a mission cause I honestly don't see it happen except in maybe spy missions and I think that says so much about the difficulty of this game.

it's far less common, especially with self reviving, operator and up to 6 revives, meaning the demand for success is higher now.

You can check any player profile and check the completion ratio and quit rate, fails still happen.

I can spot the players who are going to die before the first ten minutes in Arbitration are up....I usually find a nice spot to fight around that has a good ledge I can get to in order to weather out the host migration for when they die and then quit out...

But fails usually come in Lua Rescue and Spy missions...which for the most part are the pinnacle of shakespearian drama when a mic comes on...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

I still remember when i was failed for the first time, i think it's MR 8 test when i forgot to use bullet jump, and MR 9 test about stealth. Since that, i always browsing and looking for guide on internet about MR test, and doing practice before doing real test. Sometimes i failed on sortie in spy mission (squad mode) and Lua rescue (squad mode). Until i realize the best way to do sortie (spy) is change the region (if you want to getting carried, but don't mess with your squad until all of vault data hacked), or solo if you are experienced. About Lua rescue, i realize it when the hostage speak "im in here!", you need to go to the portal to pick him up, and not hack all the console data until the hostage go out from the room portal (i was thinking there are no hostage room inside this lua tileset, until i realize that he's inside the portal, it's like a portal on lua challenge room) 🤣.

3 hours ago, KIREEK said:

it's far less common, especially with self reviving, operator and up to 6 revives, meaning the demand for success is higher now.

You can check any player profile and check the completion ratio and quit rate, fails still happen.

Had a fail last week on a sabotage mission I screwed up on. Fourth this year! 

However, that's me at 4+ years in. Thanks to every forum and youtube instant "how-to's", it is kinda difficult to fail with such generous handholding available. All good except when those handheld players speak as if they developed on their own.

10 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

I'd be surprised if anyone failed in any game after playing it for thousands of hours, much less Warframe.

What a bad counter point, and yes they have, look at speedrunning. People fail while speedrunning all the freaking time(otherwise what even?), people who have devoted more to a game than you ever will. Stop whiteknighting for the developers, they're not your friends, the lack of difficulty is a huge bane for the game.

Sometime the reason you die/fail also feel fabricated

> toxic ancient that can delete you anytime with just the regular screaming like every ancient
> grenades that one hit you without grenade indicator like in every other game and no clear sight how big the radius is and sometime through wall.

Those kill you in one hit without any wind up animation.

You know, every enemy that can do instakill/heavy damage in every other game has this.

DE really dont know how to tweak difficulty its either the enemy tickle you or just bam one hit through over 1k hp, overshield, phoenix renewal, etc.

1 hour ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

DE really dont know how to tweak difficulty its either the enemy tickle you or just bam one hit

The sad part is that the same is true of the enemies.

You either have a weapon that can punch through high level Grineer armor like toilet paper or you might as well be firing paint balls.

Yay power creep. /s

I will say there are still missions that have a higher chance of failure due to actual game play - this would be higher for new players and ones that play solo as it reduces the possibility of revives. 

But almost half of the missions I failed (or aborted) are due to weird bugs, capture target falls off map, datamass disappears, enemies stop spawning, frame stops moving so I can kill or protect the target. 

The other half are very specific on their reason for failure. 

1)Spy missions cause it needs some actual interactions, most of the failures have been cause some overeager player just rushes into the vault triggers the alarm and has no clue what to do. Major reason why I do it solo if it's the first sortie mission. 

2)Any sorties that can radiation proc a player (please avoid using nuke frames for these) this can wipe out a defense objective or other players very quickly causing failure by accident. 

3) Interception missions that are already mostly over when you join. 

4)Lua rescue - this is sometimes bugged and sometimes bad luck on the rolls, have had times when two players change the portal one after the other and we miss the correct portal.

5) Ambulas assassinate on sortie 3 - this I believe has a decent chunk of failure chance if you don't keep attention  to the surroundings (depending on the sortie modifier) can get very annoying when you protect the ambulas after downing it (can be difficult without right weapons and frames) only to have it be revived at the very last second.

Any other failure has mostly been bad luck or poor planning. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

5) Ambulas assassinate on sortie 3 - this I believe has a decent chunk of failure chance if you don't keep attention  to the surroundings (depending on the sortie modifier) can get very annoying when you protect the ambulas after downing it (can be difficult without right weapons and frames) only to have it be revived at the very last second.

I find it quite easy after taking a walk with my Nyx. She's one of the best support with her chaos and psychic bolt and makes a nice safe zone from the artilleries using absorb

Just now, 844448 said:

I find it quite easy after taking a walk with my Nyx. She's one of the best support with her chaos and psychic bolt and makes a nice safe zone from the artilleries using absorb

That's why I mentioned sortie 3, depending on modifiers it can get really annoying. 

Energy reduction, elemental and physical resistance/ damage can really screw you, needing some always on your toes actions.