Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do people even fail in this game

S.Dust

3 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

That's why I mentioned sortie 3, depending on modifiers it can get really annoying. 

Energy reduction, elemental and physical resistance/ damage can really screw you, needing some always on your toes actions. 

I thought people want challenge that requires you to stay on your toes? Since I'm not that strong I prefer to strip all of its defenses with Nyx as support and let the DPS do their job on taking it down when defenseless

1 minute ago, 844448 said:

I thought people want challenge that requires you to stay on your toes? Since I'm not that strong I prefer to strip all of its defenses with Nyx as support and let the DPS do their job on taking it down when defenseless

Did I complain? Or quote other players?

No, I gave my own inputs cause I have my own thoughts and can think for myself.

The topic was about failing in warframe.

I gave examples where I have frequently failed, with reasons,

It does not mean I do not have ways to complete them. And what you suggested is one of those ways. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Did I complain? Or quote other players?

No, I gave my own inputs cause I have my own thoughts and can think for myself.

The topic was about failing in warframe.

I gave examples where I have frequently failed, with reasons,

It does not mean I do not have ways to complete them. And what you suggested is one of those ways. 

If you frequently failed on this, I'm questioning the competence of your teammates or you because I'm worried DE might nerf the enemies again from people crying they're too hard before complaining the game's too easy on such a vicious cycle

4 minutes ago, 844448 said:

If you frequently failed on this, I'm questioning the competence of your teammates or you because I'm worried DE might nerf the enemies again from people crying they're too hard before complaining the game's too easy on such a vicious cycle

You are free to come up with your own conclusions. Maybe show us how well you can solo ambulas sortie with an energy reduction modifier the next time it comes up, as far as I underatand, you have done nothing while the rest of your squad does all the work. 

And you can't really decide a team's competence in public before you actually play with them. 

• Like 1

the game moves itself in that direction too, as things less and less have any way to actually lose.
but you're mostly just supposed to stand around and wait for some Timer anyways, not much sense in being able to lose at just waiting. i guess.

on the flipside you have when you lose or die based on the game cheating. does that count? i don't think so. if i did things poorly and fail because of it, when i fail i say "i f...ed up". when a game cheats and i fail because of it, i say "stop treating me like a toddler and stop wasting my time".

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

You are free to come up with your own conclusions. Maybe show us how well you can solo ambulas sortie with an energy reduction modifier the next time it comes up, as far as I underatand, you have done nothing while the rest of your squad does all the work. 

And you can't really decide a team's competence in public before you actually play with them. 

So, controlling the crowd to prevent getting surrounded, supporting the team with defense stripping abilities, absorbing damage from heavy attacks is doing nothing? I guess it's no surprise CC is useless because being support is doing nothing, only DPS or nuke sraree considered as doing the work

If you fail with a team, you can question their competence because I saw people in my sortie public Uranus spy quitting or start insulting each other after triggering alarm so I sort of having low expectation on people in warframe

34 minutes ago, 844448 said:

So, controlling the crowd to prevent getting surrounded, supporting the team with defense stripping abilities, absorbing damage from heavy attacks is doing nothing? I guess it's no surprise CC is useless because being support is doing nothing, only DPS or nuke sraree considered as doing the work

If you fail with a team, you can question their competence because I saw people in my sortie public Uranus spy quitting or start insulting each other after triggering alarm so I sort of having low expectation on people in warframe

If you can assume someone else's competency, I can do the same 🙂

Doesn't feel good does it? You straight up assumed certain things without asking for more information and then when your own actions are questioned you get defensive. 

Hence I said do it solo, then you know with whom the problem lies. 

3 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

If you can assume someone else's competency, I can do the same 🙂

Doesn't feel good does it? You straight up assumed certain things without asking for more information and then when your own actions are questioned you get defensive. 

Hence I said do it solo, then you know with whom the problem lies. 

Looks like taking down Ambulas solo with resistance or energy reduction has entered my bucket list.

Doesn't feel good? I don't feel anything and instead it makes you look like you're thinking support is doing nothing so I guess support will be less important in the future eh? Considering putting balance is a crime worse than Holocaust in warframe

I do it perfectly solo, hence my old thread about Uranus spy sortie

5 hours ago, Kimimoto said:

What a bad counter point, and yes they have, look at speedrunning. People fail while speedrunning all the freaking time(otherwise what even?), people who have devoted more to a game than you ever will.

Speedrunning is not the normal/intended way to play the game though. Of course self-imposed challenges are more likely to fail, what's your point?

5 hours ago, Kimimoto said:

Stop whiteknighting for the developers, they're not your friends, the lack of difficulty is a huge bane for the game.

"Oh boo hoo, this guy enjoys the game. Definitely WHITE KNIGHT! Murder the heretic!"

You're seeing things that aren't there mate. Get a life, it might help you with these hallucinations.

52 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Looks like taking down Ambulas solo with resistance or energy reduction has entered my bucket list.

Good to know. 

52 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Doesn't feel good? I don't feel anything and instead it makes you look like you're thinking support is doing nothing so I guess support will be less important in the future eh? 

I never questioned the validity of support frames,

I questioned your right to judge the competency of anyone you haven't met or how they play, you did not even ask what frame I used to finish it or what my squad setup was. 

Nor did I tell you how many times I failed,

I may have failed 6 out of 7 attempts , once due to host migration, once due to poor preparation and remaining cause I was trying out various combinations, Last may have been a cakewalk cause I didn't wanna do it public and went in solo with my best equipment and a sound strategy. 

You made a very hasty generalization, without sufficient information, that is what irked me more than your choice of frames.

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

Considering putting balance is a crime worse than Holocaust in warframe

No clue why you mentioned that and why you believe it's worse than the Holocaust please do not make such comments, it's not funny. 

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

I do it perfectly solo, hence my old thread about Uranus spy sortie

Good for you mate. 

People talking about arbitration, I got 2 bots on arbitration (that I notice, maybe I got more). And I did a lot of arbi after the rework on rewards. One bot was a rhino on desruption, what the bot just did was to kill enemies with melee in a spot, never picked a key, never went to loot, never stopped in that spot, that bot didn't fail, we 3 extracted and the bot probably stayed there for a few minutes maybe.

The other bot are a Saryn on defense, the bot stayed in the same place with Larkspur, shoting, casting that buff of toxic and miasma a few times, then it went to loot in a predictable route after a few times watching it, and then, it went back to the exactly same spot always (it could'nt be more exactly on how it always stopped on the same place), and, repeat. Well, this bot also didn't fail, I dunno if the other people notice, the tileset was good, the other two was doing the defense fast, and the bot was Saryn, I stayed till I got bored of it. Well, this bot also didn't failed.

16 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

This community couldn't handle failure. The content would get nerfed until there's like a 95% success rate

They even had to nerf that one hole in kuva fortress because people seemed to had a hard time bullet jumping out. Like, come on. 

56 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I may have failed 6 out of 7 attempts , once due to host migration, once due to poor preparation and remaining cause I was trying out various combinations, Last may have been a cakewalk cause I didn't wanna do it public and went in solo with my best equipment and a sound strategy. 

You made a very hasty generalization, without sufficient information, that is what irked me more than your choice of frames.

As far as I remember, anyone can play any kind of gear to take down any obstacles so unless it's host migration, the ability to adapt with various combinations wouldn't be much of a problem unless I'm wrong here and sorry if I'm generalising too quick, the amount of people who can't handle slightly harder content is unbelievable these days, even had 3 people in my team rage quitted on razorback when it's not much of a difficulty

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

No clue why you mentioned that and why you believe it's worse than the Holocaust please do not make such comments, it's not funny. 

Because just having a riven disposition balancing gets so much salt when we already have the message that riven mod disposition will change from time to time and they complain when the greed bit them bad from the change. Not to be a joke, but sometimes it looks like that

5 minutes ago, 844448 said:

As far as I remember, anyone can play any kind of gear to take down any obstacles so unless it's host migration, the ability to adapt with various combinations wouldn't be much of a problem unless I'm wrong here and sorry if I'm generalising too quick, the amount of people who can't handle slightly harder content is unbelievable these days, even had 3 people in my team rage quitted on razorback when it's not much of a difficulty

Because just having a riven disposition balancing gets so much salt when we already have the message that riven mod disposition will change from time to time and they complain when the greed bit them bad from the change. Not to be a joke, but sometimes it looks like that

And yet you mention a very specific loadout for the ambulas fight.

I am unable to tell what exactly is the point you are making anymore. 

There will always be whiners, they should be ignored. 

Rivens or their balance are not the topic, please stick to the topic. 

There was almost fail in the last Ambulas Sortie I did.

It was because, even when we had a Mesa around, the other 2 squad mates (we were 3) were jumping around, seemly farming kills, and leaving the Ambulas unguarded and never even attempted to hack them.

The moment I left the Ambulas I was guarding to take down the one they didnt guard and got hacked, the enemy hacked the one I left behind back. And the dropship picked both of them. 2/3 just like that.

It was annoying.

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

And yet you mention a very specific loadout for the ambulas fight.

I am unable to tell what exactly is the point you are making anymore. 

There will always be whiners, they should be ignored. 

Rivens or their balance are not the topic, please stick to the topic. 

I guess we're off topic, but when people are still failing even with rivens here and there, so I don't think DE can take a step on making new kind of hard bosses, let alone some basic system into it because people will cry or "meta or bust" mentality because our community hates losing

Yes people still fail horribly often. Sure it may not screw over the mission and turn it into a fail, but the people constantly getting downed are plenty, old and new. I dont much care when it happens on maps where people tend to level, like at Hydron for instance, but when you run some survival missions or disruptions with others it gets old really really fast. More so if you are running arbis where that failer may be the one holding back the host migration boss.

20 hours ago, 844448 said:

I don't think all warframe players can survive 90 seconds for the next sacrifice

I think Djinn's Reawaken will be counting down by the time the player dies during Eidolons... so Reawaken/Sacrifice is moot.