Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do people even fail in this game

S.Dust

The only times I have seen "Failure" where when I was paired with people who didn't know how to play at all.

Or that one event where we had to protect this Grineer guy on Hydron and he was far more fragile then he looked, which after failing twice, I got mad and switched to my Oberon Prime, camped him in a corner and nuked the map till we won. I wanted to play on my Umbra, but, practicality was more important.

21 minutes ago, (XB1)l Saminator l said:

Haha nice. Yeah now I always pay attention to what frame and weapons I pick when their is a radiation hazard condition going on in a sortie mission. 

this was due to novas known bug with 2 causing a random self proc, even in missions without the hazard (i have reported it a few times but its easy to replicate still) 

its annoying as it self proced right as i aimed it at def to wipe out surrounding enemies 

9 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

this was due to novas known bug with 2 causing a random self proc, even in missions without the hazard (i have reported it a few times but its easy to replicate still) 

its annoying as it self proced right as i aimed it at def to wipe out surrounding enemies 

Darn, I've never had a radiation proc on myself from using her 2nd ability. Maybe somethinf else is required for it to happen? Either that or just a lot of luck maybe. 

5 minutes ago, (XB1)l Saminator l said:

Darn, I've never had a radiation proc on myself from using her 2nd ability. Maybe somethinf else is required for it to happen? Either that or just a lot of luck maybe. 

its determined by the amounts of 2's active (rapid cast rate and amount) as well as the state of 2s and proximity

when the right ratio hits in stack a rad proc occurs on your nova

Not every game has to be hard to be good.  We all play games for different reasons.

There are one shot mechanics and infinitely scaling enemies.  Depending on what you are doing and what group you have failure is possible.

Folks if you have everything and find none of the games difficulty modes challenging at all.  Well then you have no reason to keep playing till new content goes live.

But if you are like myself and play games for stress relief and a decent story.   Cracking skulls for fun is perfectly enjoyable. Its not about challenge or ego stroking.

Maybe purposely handicap yourself to make it harder?

That time when your doing a mob def for syndicates and you keep the hack safe when the other guy looks for marks; then you see him coming back to the point looking at the map. You then proceed to get the marks yourself but the player does not really go back to keep the hack safe... And you fail. Lol.

On 2019-10-13 at 12:53 PM, S.Dust said:

Kinda as the title said when was the last time you actually failed a mission cause I honestly don't see it happen except in maybe spy missions and I think that says so much about the difficulty of this game.

New content I I didn't know.

Came into a high level mission and forgot to load swap first.

Cat puking, so survival timed out. (didn't swap to solo first so couldn't pause.)

Game glictchs meant it couldn't be finished.

Had a pretty high failure rate up until about... Plains of Eidolon update? 8-12% failure rate cuz I played when Warframe had a crazy amount of bugs and many a mission I had to abort or the like. I still remember getting stuck in the pipes on that one specific grineer tile with the superheated something inside the square vats low to the ground. Didn't even know to /unstuck at that time.

Nowadays the only things I have to actually worry about failing would be Sortie Spy missions cuz sometimes you know exactly how to cheese a room and then a shockwave Moa runs up from behind and knocks you right into a laser or something else that you SHOULD have seen coming but didn't. Or someone else wanders it, triggers the alarm while you're halfway through and you have to blitz to the end, some spy missions you can blitz from almost the beginning, some you have to be well over halfway there.

Or sortie rescues on Lua, I always feel like I only have 66% chance of winning those cuz I can only get in that room, hack, check the portal, come back, hack, check the second portal before you fail. If you don't get the first or second guess right, welp, you better hope your allies figured out how to get to your position fast enough to hack at least one. (Spoiler, very few people seem to know that you don't have to go in through the front and wait for that slow gate to open.)

I play with my FiL. He fails missions all the time. Of course he's 79 years old and seems to think his real name is Duke Nukem and that he's got some kind of permanent God mode turned on. Seriously, he rushes into a group of enemies and whips out his favorite crap weapon, and starts shooting. Then he goes down, revives himself, stands there and starts shooting again, goes down, revives, wash rinse repeat. On a level 20 mission. All the time saying stuff like "I don't understand why I'm getting killed!". I want to shout at him "Because you've got 30 enemies raining fire on you, dumbass, pop a power or get behind cover!". Then I remember he's 79 and I say "Gee, maybe the game is bugged or something, I dunno". lol

People still fail sometimes in Arbitritions and Eidolons. But in most missions, no. Pretty hard to fail. This game really dosnt require much skill, just time. Lots of time, and an understanding of how warframe/weapon builds work.

IMO Eidos and Arbitritions are the real endgame for that reason. The only things that are somewhat challenging. Interesting that this game is as popular as it is. I'd like to see a psychologist explain that one lol

Am 13.10.2019 um 19:53 schrieb S.Dust:

Kinda as the title said when was the last time you actually failed a mission cause I honestly don't see it happen except in maybe spy missions and I think that says so much about the difficulty of this game.

If I stopped caring bringing the right tool, I easily could fail quite a few sorties.

Sortie C Lephantis is a good example. I did over a dozen runs at one evening (you could call it community service) to see how well people are informed or prepared for it.

In exactly two runs the team had properly prepped people who either brought the right damage and/or a supportive Warframe. The rest would have failed miserably or would have taken a long long time (despite being high MR and probably having the necessary stuff in their arsenal).

"If the cat is a tiger, it's less likely that curiosity will kill it." 

I failed missions yesterday. I was playing like the average pub (running around killing things times to times without caring of the objective) cause sometimes i just want to see how they are doing. And yeah, 2 of the 3 missions i did failed. It was a rescue fissure and the operative died.

I dont think its really representative, but its still funny to see if there is nobody to completely carry the mission, it can go bad really fast.

14 hours ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Not every game has to be hard to be good.  We all play games for different reasons.

There are one shot mechanics and infinitely scaling enemies.  Depending on what you are doing and what group you have failure is possible.

Folks if you have everything and find none of the games difficulty modes challenging at all.  Well then you have no reason to keep playing till new content goes live.

But if you are like myself and play games for stress relief and a decent story.   Cracking skulls for fun is perfectly enjoyable. Its not about challenge or ego stroking.

Maybe purposely handicap yourself to make it harder?

I do understand your post. But Warframe even though it seems intended to be just a relaxing game, it's still a game that suggests you become stronger by allowing you to rank up your gear, upgrade your mods, obtain the Primed Mods, upgrade your focus trees, and possibly acquire rivens and arcanes too. 

By the time you've hit a point that you've obtained most of the things you desired to prepare yourself for the more challenging content, you come to the realisation that their just isn't any challenging content. We could wait til new content comes live, but as many others have posted, the content at the moment isn't great when the devs are taking several months to a year to release a big update that others can beat in a couple of weeks or less. The game lacks sustainable content, and definitely lacks challenging content. 

What point is there in becoming stronger if their is no challenge for you to trial yourself on? 

It's like having a burger but no grill. 

il y a une heure, (XB1)l Saminator l a dit :

I do understand your post. But Warframe even though it seems intended to be just a relaxing game, it's still a game that suggests you become stronger by allowing you to rank up your gear, upgrade your mods, obtain the Primed Mods, upgrade your focus trees, and possibly acquire rivens and arcanes too. 

By the time you've hit a point that you've obtained most of the things you desired to prepare yourself for the more challenging content, you come to the realisation that their just isn't any challenging content. We could wait til new content comes live, but as many others have posted, the content at the moment isn't great when the devs are taking several months to a year to release a big update that others can beat in a couple of weeks or less. The game lacks sustainable content, and definitely lacks challenging content. 

What point is there in becoming stronger if their is no challenge for you to trial yourself on? 

You can realise this a long time before you are maxed.

And, the point is just to pull out the biggest numbers to enflate our ego. And fashion frame, the absolute endgame.

On 2019-10-13 at 1:59 PM, 844448 said:

People still go down on eidolon, arbitration and sometimes on star chart missions so I'd say yes

I go down on eidolons because when I switch to operator or vice versa nothing works i.e void mode. So I have to fight lag and switch back and forth again to get my abilities to work. 

Rescue missions in sorties can turn into disasters when people who can't hack manually are blocking the panel until time runs out, or if the prisoner decides to teleport from extract back to some slow or afk person and instantly gets downed on the other side of the map. Happened to me several times.

And yea, sortie Spy missions are hopeless in pugs. Failed it 5 times in a row last time before I decided to never do it with randoms again 😄 

7 hours ago, (XB1)l Saminator l said:

I agree with some of your points.  But i do not believe de can realistically create a hardmode that would satisfy people whom are purely after a challenge.

Distuptions, arbitrations, world bosses, nightmare missions, the daily sortie, and infinitely scaling enemies are de's attempt to satisfy the more hardcore players.  And people are still not happy.  De can't actually win.  And even if they create something that works.  It'll get figured out and made easy by hardcore players in a week.

De is also worse off if they rush content that isn't complete.  In times of content draought its good to persue other hobbies.

Warframe just isn't a game that's going to keep the hardcore challenge driven folks engrossed.  It's designed more for the average player.

Even as a average player in ruffly 2 years i have most of the games weapons, frames, mods, focus trees, etc.

I still enjoy just cracking skulls and don't need to over specialize builds.

You can play the modes that infinitely scale and eventually reach the difficulty you seem to want.  But would it be worth it? I don't even think that would satisfy you.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2