Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Such thing as RNG

(PSN)chiefghost22

10 hours ago, Morthal said:

Blue Potato and Riven are the only worthy 'rewards' on that entire list. Got Legendary Core myself for the first time in 3 years, but who needs that crap when every mode of 'end game' is literally an Endo farm. 
Should replace Anasa statue with at least 21000 Kuva, which is only 6 rolls but at least makes up for the time wasted in sortie missions, when you could be farming Kuva instead.

21k kuva? God damn! It's not that hard to bring a smeeta to a kuva flood.

On 2019-10-13 at 7:49 PM, 3rdpig said:

"Random" means that even when the odds being a million to one against getting yet ANOTHER identical item in a row, you can still get that identical item and have it be explained away by "it's random". And there is no response to that.  Well, no response that will get past their profanity filter.

Actually the response is pretty simple: Unlikely outcomes become likely for someone with enough participants and repetition.

At a million to one odds, if you have a million people doing it then chances are that someone will get that million to one.

Then you have survior's bias, which results in the people who have lucky streaks not posting and the most unlucky posting.

On 2019-10-14 at 5:50 AM, (XB1)razberryX said:

21k kuva? God damn! It's not that hard to bring a smeeta to a kuva flood.

Also not hard to have over 100 rivens to roll. Or only 16 hours in a day to farm Kuva, IF no burnout/ IF no other game offers more rewarding entertainment for time invested. 
Kuva needs serious rework, as well as the meaningless log-in rewards and Sortie pool.
If DE would institute a new way to use old resources, like purchasing Rivens of a specific type, that would be neat. However, they'd still need to either vastly increase the amount of Kuva from missions or simply, lower the overall cost of rolling them. 

Bringing a Kavat for added RNG, should be a lootbox meme. Look, the only reasonable amount of Kuva you can obtain is when you're using a booster and even then, it's a terrible amount per roll made. I've got multi millions of Kuva spent and invested in Rivens, what do I know about this subject 😕

8 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

nutshell GIF

*Goes into a thousand-yard stare, muttering incoherently about losing half a squad after an Assault missed a point-blank shot*

No one who has experienced the full Trickster God-like fury of XCOM's RNG comes back without a horror story to tell...

Edited by KnossosTNC

Oh, here I thought this was going to be a topic about how computers cannot actually create properly random numbers on their own due to the deterministic nature of CPUs, and that true RNG can only come from external sources, so all computers can do is pseudo random number generation.  The kind of thing people argue just to try and flex their "big brain."

Nice to see that I was wrong.  At least about that.

Edited by (PS4)Lollybomb