Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Support playing me?

LilMickey

I asked for a refund for a platinum i previously bought and they told me "Unfortunately we are not able to issue refunds on purchased Platinum or Prime Access packages when some of the included Platinum has been spent and/or the items have been used!", however I haven't logged into my account in over a year, so I wouldnt be able to spend it... whats up with this?

has anyone else had this happened to them?

btw, I would like to change my email address, how do I go about doing this?

You want to refund platinum purchased over a year ago?

Dude, guy, mate, pal, buddy... what? Of course that's not going to fly.

What is the Refund Policy ?

Just like *any* online service, once a product has been used, refunds are no longer available. Specifically, if you have purchased platinum/Prime Access packs and then spent the platinum or used the items included we cannot offer a refund for the package. Please also note that refunds are only available for a limited time after the purchase.

Edited by DeMonkey
  • Like 19

Platinum is a product (digital goods), not a bank account. 

In terms of changing emails, I'm not sure if they've added the feature onto the Warframe website but I had to contact support to have mine changed. Hotmail has some really redundant security and I had to change my account from hotmail to gmail.

You should have wait for another year for refund eligibility. /s

1 minute ago, LilMickey said:

I bought the platinum two days ago, and made the inquiry less than 24 hrs l8tr

You should be more clear about it in your first post.

Edited by Aeon94

4 minutes ago, LilMickey said:

Have you made your situation clear to support?

If I was in your shoes, I would say, "I accidentally bought plat 2 days ago due to technical malfunction and really need a refund". Even if that isn't true, you would have better luck telling a little bit of a tall tale to make it sound accidental. However if it seems that you are merely backtracking on a purchase you purposefully bought then you are much less likely to get a refund.

Edited by Goodwill

3 minutes ago, LilMickey said:

What? This goes against your post? If you bought the plat two days ago, what does "not playing a game for over a year" have to do with not spending the plat? Only spending the plat during the two days would matter then yea?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, LilMickey said:

Then your OP needs to be reworded.

10 minutes ago, LilMickey said:

however I haven't logged into my account in over a year, so I wouldnt be able to spend it

The "it" in this context refers to the purchased plat you wish to refund. You state that over a year is the length of time in which it (the purchased plat) has existed in an 'unspent' state due to you not logging in. You can't 'not spend' platinum if you haven't actually purchased it yet, you feel me?

Ask for a list of what you've purchased.

3 minutes ago, The_Unlife said:

I assume they bought plat for the wrong account, or bought it and then couldn't get logged in.

This is correct, I havent been able to log in since i bought the platinum, therefore there is no way of me using it

2 minutes ago, LilMickey said:

This is correct, I havent been able to log in since i bought the platinum, therefore there is no way of me using it

So to clarify then, you DO want to use the plat but are incapable of doing so. Is this why you want to have your email changed so you can access your account in order to use the plat? Honestly... with how this thread has been going, I can see why support may have been confused by your request. You need to be very clear, yet straight to the point.

1 minute ago, Goodwill said:

So to clarify then, you DO want to use the plat but are incapable of doing so. Is this why you want to have your email changed so you can access your account in order to use the plat? Honestly... with how this thread has been going, I can see why support may have been confused by your request. You need to be very clear, yet straight to the point.

that's 100% the point, how should I word it so support can understand what im saying? but wouldnt they be know when i purchased it from the logs?

4 minutes ago, LilMickey said:

that's 100% the point, how should I word it so support can understand what im saying? but wouldnt they be know when i purchased it from the logs?

Personally, I've been in a similar situation.

"Hi DE,
I am unable to access my Warframe account due to _______.
Could you please change my email to ________."

When I had this issue, I also appended that I am willing to supply transaction records to prove I am the owner of the original email account. They never asked though and it was just a simple process of me supplying my new email address. However this was a few years ago so I'm not sure if their policy or conduct has changed in regards to account related issues. But I'd start with that and see how they reply. But basically you want them to know is that a) you can't access your Warframe account and b) you want to access your Warframe account.

Edited by Goodwill

40 minutes ago, LilMickey said:

I asked for a refund for a platinum i previously bought and they told me "Unfortunately we are not able to issue refunds on purchased Platinum or Prime Access packages when some of the included Platinum has been spent and/or the items have been used!", however I haven't logged into my account in over a year, so I wouldnt be able to spend it... whats up with this?

has anyone else had this happened to them?

I don't understand... You bought platinum for an account you can't access and instead of asking support to help you with that problem you asked for a refund?

22 minutes ago, LilMickey said:

i'm still lost to be honest. so you haven't played warframe for a year, but then you decide to buy plat for it, then you try to log in and you can't?

34 minutes ago, LilMickey said:

Well, they may just be unable to do it. Presented with your story I wouldn’t be refunding it. It is far too inconsistent/poorly explained. That is not good when trying to convince someone to refund you the money. You have to make it clear what the situation actually is, and give a sensible reason why they need to refund it.

• You cannot buy platinum without access to your account. It seems odd that you’d be unable to login after buying platinum. What did you do?
1 hour ago, LilMickey said:

If you can login to the account: it is under the account management. If not, talk to Support.

Just now, (PS4)smb-twisted said:

seems a bit odd to be honest, to not play a video game for over a year then suddenly decide to spend money on it out of the blue before even playing it again.

but we're all different

what probably happen is he saw some updates for the game he liked so he went to the website to buy the prime access to have some plat to trade b4 getting back into the game w/o realizing once he tried to log into the game itself it would ask for a code on a email he forgotten about I could see it happening.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Dex Xean said:

what probably happen is he saw some updates for the game he liked so he went to the website to buy the prime access to have some plat to trade b4 getting back into the game w/o realizing once he tried to log into the game itself it would ask for a code on a email he forgotten about I could see it happening.

aye maybe. if i hadn't played a game for over a year i don't think i'd just drop that much money on it but whatever.

hope it gets sorted for the OP