Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The engineered scarcity of the Nightwave boss weapons isn't fun.

(XBOX)TehChubbyDugan

I sometimes have to miss blocks of playtime, or have limited playtime, meaning that I do miss out things if they're really limited in their availability.  I had to trade for the last NW boss weapon, and pay a hefty price for something that really isn't all that great.  I've tried to farm out the Pathocyst parts every chance I've gotten, and I keep getting duplicate parts and not the last part I need.  This wouldn't be as big of a deal other than the fact that like the last boss which was gated with RNG spawns (I saw him a total of 2 times.) this one is gated with infested invasions.  Meaning you only get about 2 chances per day.  In the few days I've had to play over the last couple of weeks, I've tried whenever I could to run the invasions and fight the boss and now I'm out of keys, out of invasions and still missing a blade.  Now I'm going to have to go through trade chat and get completely price gouged or wait god knows how long for this boss that was only here for a few weeks to come back.

I don't care if this is some sort of industry standard.  Temporary time-gated content, especially where it involves MR is total BS.  What was an interesting boss mechanic with a reason to actually do invasions again is now something that makes me feel negatively toward the game because I'm getting screwed out of a weapon or out of a bunch of plat when I get price gouged simply because I got screwed by both RNG and time gating.  One or the other is bad enough, but doing both is just flat out misery.

Please stop doing things like this.  Nightwave itself was completely fine this time around for me, I hit bonus rank 16 just in the time I had to play, because I could usually power through most of them in the time I had available, plus the challenge retrieval mechanic, which I actually didn't even need, but was nice peace of mind.  It was good, right up until this ridiculously gated, RNG boss drop that I just got screwed on.

I should like to point out that they're not getting rid of the Zeloid. A third time indicator was found a short while back indicating it will be taking on the equivalent role to Fomorians and Razorbacks for Infested invasions, likely with updated entrance mechanics.

Also, the 2-per-day is a bit overestimated, even by DE. The actual turnover was quite a bit faster. Sure, in a short-ish play session that might be true, but there are more.

Lastly, the RNG was extremely generous. Guaranteed drop chance for a part, no rare parts. Compared with the Wolf which I would agree with, was very poorly done. Grinding for his sledge and his mask was hell.

Scarcity is, unfortunately, a necessary evil for Warframe, because games are expensive as hell to develop (like, buy an island every year expensive) and DE makes bank through plat sales and Prime Access - which is technically part of plat sales since they include plat. Even then, this was far more accessible than the Wolf was and will remain accessible, again unlike the Wolf.

• Like 1

I don't have wolfs weapon, or the guass weapons, but I have the infested melee throwing weapon. That was actually fun to do, only the first run of the boss fight was rough. Wolf and guass grind is a little too much like harrows... I'd rather not, but maybe once in a while will make a run at them if I feel like it.