Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would you sign a petition to bring back the old index map?

--Aegis--MR9

I am not saying remove the new map, although I would very much like that. But atleast getting the old map back would be great. I understand that, it may not be possible to get the exact map back because of tileset change, but I am sure they can recreate it with similar structure. 

I want to start a petition requesting DE to do so. Wanted to weight how you all feel about it. 

Thanks. 

Edited by --Aegis--MR9

46 minutes ago, MakubexKido said:

old map ? which one ? the large outdoor one ? did they remove it ?

No, the indoor map was removed and replaced with a poorly lit dark version, I like the large outside one it's awesome.

I'd sign.

The trouble I have with the new indoor one by the time my graphics change from light to dark when moving through the map is painful and if you are running towards a certain window then it's that glary you are blinded at best the map need better lighting to even it out sort of.

• Like 1

I'd like that old map back too. The new one is too large and too dark as many have pointed out. If DE didn't like afk umbras, they could have removed the popular sniping spots instead of the whole map. 

I'd support removal of the new map too, if that's an option.

• Like 1

The first thing both my wife and myself said when noticing they removed one of the former maps on the indexing was exactly that.

Add a map, sure. But replacing it means removing one of the former ones. Now I'm no fan of the newest map on the index, to many corners to get stuck in. On top of that there are some places where you can fall of the map although there's no clear indication that you can.

• Like 1

The new map is awful.  It's big with impractical side halls that enemies way too often hide out in making you waste time trying to find them instead of actually killing.  There's no open areas at all, forcing you into close quarters for any kind of LoS.  And the goals are horribly placed.  Without a Limbo you're basically guaranteed to lose the day trader nightwave to some spawn out of nowhere that found a stray credit (which also end up in some really awkward locations when they drop on that map)

• Like 2

Seriously i can't see a thing on that map. And it is too big for 4vs4. Most of the time you spend running. And orbs stuck in the wall impossible to pick. And there are too many walls in general. Double pain considering the old map was very dynamic and actually pulled off vertical map layout correctly. Who the hell designed that thing, and why was there a need to introduce this map noone asked for?

• Like 1