Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Using Injectors -- Sweetfx

xxx7

Question

Thought I'd re-write this post since a lot has been answered, solved, etc. and make a single go-to post for quick overview. This thread is about the use of SweetFX for Warframe. Thanks to some very helpful Tenno -- mainly sushidubya, Koyamina, RedDirtTrooper, CeePee, and RawGritz -- we now have a complete set-up guide!

Great news everyone: Thanks to U14, Warframe is now compatible with SweetFX in DX11! No more "half-half-grey-glitch"!

IS IT LEGAL?

So, first things first: Can the use of a graphical/shader injector mod ban you? Answer is

Nope, you're good.

and can be found here posted by no one else but DE_Steve himself: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/34366-update-781/page-5#entry314666

WHAT'S IT FOR?

Alright, with that out of the way, what does it actually do? Well, in short it enhances the graphics, mainly by sharpening and eliminating the blurries caused by Warframe's FXAA. Here are some comparison shots. Removed pics. Might post a more extreme setting to better showcase the difference ("it's hard to put a movie in an image").

INSTALL GUIDE

How do I get and install it? I suggest you follow sushidubya's step-by-step guide here. Please note that for non-Steam users your install directory will be

/Warframe/Downloaded/Public

instead of

/Steam/SteamApps/commons/Warframe

OK. I got a couple of PMs from the other posters in this thread. So if you guys read earlier I recommended to try the "sharp and clean" setting at this link:

http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/445/

on that link he refers people to download a certain build of sweetFX here:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4581604&postcount=528

All I did was take the files like in this image here:

1.jpg

and copied them to my install folder (it varies depending on if you used steam or original installer) but basically the folder where Warframe.exe is located. The folder should look like this after you copy the files:

2.jpg

So on that first link I have referred you guys to the "sharp and clean" page looks like this:

3.jpg

Download the text file by clicking "download preset" then take that text file and copy to the warframe install directory:

4.jpg

It should look like the picture above when you're done. you're going to delete the original "SweetFX_Settings" file. After that you're going to take the "SweetFX_Settings_Warframe_Sharp and clean.txt" file and rename it to "SweetFX_Settings" exactly like the original file.

To make sure it's installed correctly there's a way to make half the screen work with SweetFX and the other half not. So you can verify it's running. Open that text file and you should see this:

5.jpg

Change the number 0 that I highlighted in red to a 1 then save the txt file.

Open the warframe launcher and make sure you're using 32bit. You should see a dramatic difference between the right side of the screen (SweetFX active) vs the left side which is normal.

Good luck and enjoy!

Important

If you want to use WF in 64bit mode, just copy the files (d3d9.dll and dxgi.dll) in the SweetFx_64 folder and replace the one in the WarFrame main folder. Make backup of the original file in case you wanna use 32bit later.

If you keep crashing when using the 64bit version, close all overlay you have like Fraps/TS3 overlay. You can run Fraps after the game has been launched. (Thanks for reminding me, Alif. Don't know why I forgot to add this)

I'll keep this updated and will try to add as much as possible. Feedback, questions, etc. welcome!

NOTES:

SMAA does not seem to work with Nvidia cards. SMAA does work on Nvidia cards. If you can't see any difference try lowering the SMAA threshold (I put it on 0.08 along with lowering LumaSharpen to 2.30). Also, be sure to turn off in-game AA or it won't work!

The 64bit version has been tested and found to work on both Nvidia and AMD/ATI cards.

SweetFx is now 100% compatible with Warframe in DX11 mode, thanks to U14!

Presets:

Here is a collection of presets made for Warframe by the community. Pick to your liking!

My own version of "sharp and clean"

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/113390-using-injectors-sweetfx/?p=2582421

sushidubya's "latest and greatest"

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/113390-using-injectors-sweetfx/?p=2270098

RawGritz's settings

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/113390-using-injectors-sweetfx/?p=2147335

RawGritz's alt version

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/113390-using-injectors-sweetfx/?p=3096302

GunerXX's settings

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/113390-using-injectors-sweetfx/?p=2018307

"Detailed Warframe v3.2 x64"

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/113390-using-injectors-sweetfx/?p=2117363

Original post:

Now I know there have been various talks about this in the past, but not one of them actually answered this question. I tried contacting the DEvs, but they seem busy reading old PMs XD.

So, on to the question: Is the use of graphical/shader injector mods (read SweetFX) allowed to use for Warframe? I'd really like to use it for LumaSharpen, SMAA, and perhaps some color tint changes.

If anyone has an answer to this, please do post and include source if possible. Thanks!

Edited by xxx7

WHAT?! Are you guys kidding me? Does that mean I can now run WF in DX11 + SweetFX no problem? I got tons of catching up to do here anyways, so I'll try update OP asap.

Just as a small recap of some stuff I'll have to add to OP:

- Collect and add shared settings from this thread

- SweetFX now fully compatible with Warframe in DX11

That it or am I missing something...

Just aa random question, and please quote me! 

Do it require a higher performance pc to use any of this mods? 
I play at max ingame, and it goes flawlesly but will it require any more?
And do people share presets? 

Yes we share presets. Plus there are several places to find shared presets online.

Performance hit...? Yes a tiny hit. But really depends on your settings. I lose about 15fps with SweetFX on. But it goes unnoticed. I run the game at full spec with PhysX, DX11, and max everything (except AA since SweetFX handles that). I still get about 120fps avg @ 2560x1600 display resolution.

If it performs well for you now at full spec. SweetFX will not change that.

Edited by RawGritz

I know RawGritz already replied, but anyways :P

No, it does not require a higher performance PC to use SweetFX if you can already run it maxed out without issue. I run Warframe on a GTX560Ti + i5; maxed settings, DX11 (thanks to U14), SweetFX, all with an average of 60fps @ 1920x1080.

And yes, we do share settings in this thread...matter of fact, I just mentioned in my previous post I want to collect all of them and add a list to OP ;)

Edited by xxx7

Thanks for this a lot! Never knew about Sweetfx in the first place. The game looks real nice right now. I especially enjoyed seeing the Void while I was in my ship.

Glad you're enjoying it! If you have any questions, wanna share a setting, etc. this is the place to go ;)

Edited original post to include community made presets and DX11 compatibility note (still so excited about that one).

Thanks can you add these settings as well...as maybe Option 2 or something...? The pics above are from using these settings below.

/*-----------------------------------------------------------.
  /                      Choose effects                         /
  '-----------------------------------------------------------*/

// Set to 1 for ON or 0 for OFF
#define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 0 //[0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines using the SMAA technique.
#define USE_FXAA_ANTIALIASING 1 //[0 or 1] FXAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines using the FXAA technique
#define USE_CA                0 //[0 or 1] Chromatic aberration. You can only use Chromatic Aberration OR the Explosion Shader. Not both at the same time.
#define USE_EXPLOSION         0 //[0 or 1] Explosion : Scatters the pixels, making the image look fuzzy.
#define USE_CARTOON           0 //[0 or 1] Cartoon : "Toon"s the image.(Interferes with SMAA, CRT, Bloom, HDR and Lumasharpen)
#define USE_LEVELS            1 //[0 or 1] Levels : Sets a new black and white point. This increases contrast but causes clipping. Use Curves instead if you want to avoid that.
#define USE_ADVANCED_CRT      0 //[0 or 1] Advanced CRT : Simulates an old CRT TV display. Set gaussian blur along with it to get a halation effect
#define USE_BLOOM             0 //[0 or 1] Bloom : Makes bright lights bleed their light into their surroundings (relatively high performance cost)
#define USE_HDR               1 //[0 or 1] HDR : Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high performance cost)
#define USE_LUMASHARPEN       1 //[0 or 1] LumaSharpen : Also sharpens the antialiased edges which makes them less smooth - I'm working on fixing that.
#define USE_GAUSSIAN          1 //[0 or 1] Gaussian Blur : can be used to... blur, but also bloom/hazy/glowy look, also unsharp masking
#define USE_FILMGRAIN         1 //[0 or 1] Filmgrain effect
#define USE_TECHNICOLOR       0 //[0 or 1] TECHNICOLOR : Attempts to mimic the look of an old movie using the Technicolor three-strip color process (Techicolor Process 4)
#define USE_DPX               1 //[0 or 1] Cineon DPX : Should make the image look like it's been converted to DXP Cineon - basically it's another movie-like look similar to technicolor.
#define USE_MONOCHROME        0 //[0 or 1] Monochrome : Monochrome makes the colors disappear.
#define USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN     1 //[0 or 1] Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights (avoids clipping)
#define USE_TONEMAP           1 //[0 or 1] Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause clipping)
#define USE_VIBRANCE          1 //[0 or 1] Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.
#define USE_CURVES            1 //[0 or 1] Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves.
#define USE_SEPIA             0 //[0 or 1] Sepia : Sepia tones the image.
#define USE_VIGNETTE          0 //[0 or 1] Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens. May cause banding artifacts.
#define USE_DITHER            1 //[0 or 1] Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts (mostly caused by Vignette)
#define USE_BORDER            0 //[0 or 1] Border : Makes the screenedge black as a workaround for the bright edge that forcing some AA modes sometimes causes.
#define USE_SPLITSCREEN       0 //[0 or 1] Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.

#define USE_CUSTOM            0 //[0 or 1] Custom : Write your own shader by editing custom.h, and then enable it here.

/                  SMAA Anti-aliasing settings                /

#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.15           //[0.05 to 0.20] Edge detection threshold. If SMAA misses some edges try lowering this slightly. I prefer between 0.08 and 0.12.
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 32     //[0 to 98] Determines the radius SMAA will search for aliased edges
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 16  //[0 to 16] Determines the radius SMAA will search for diagonal aliased edges
#define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 16       //[0 to 100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners. 0 seems to affect fine text the least so it's the default.

// -- Advanced SMAA settings --
#define COLOR_EDGE_DETECTION 1        //[0 or 1] 1 Enables color edge detection (slower but slightly more acurate) - 0 uses luma edge detection (faster)
#define SMAA_DIRECTX9_LINEAR_BLEND 0  //[0 or 1] Using DX9 HARDWARE? (software version doesn't matter) if so this needs to be 1 - If not, leave it at 0.
                                      //Enable this only if you use a Geforce 7xxx series or older card, or a Radeon X1xxx series or older card.

/                  FXAA Anti-aliasing settings                /
#define FXAA_QUALITY__PRESET 39      //[1 to 39] Choose the quality preset. 39 is the highest quality.
#define fxaa_Subpix 0.800            //[0.000 to 1.000] Choose the amount of sub-pixel aliasing removal.
#define fxaa_EdgeThreshold 0.61    //[0.000 to 1.000] Edge detection threshold. The minimum amount of local contrast required to apply algorithm.
#define fxaa_EdgeThresholdMin 0.5  //[0.000 to 1.000] Darkness threshold. Trims the algorithm from processing darks.

/                       Chromatic aberration                   /
#define outfocus  0.00                     //[0.00 to 1.000] How strong the effect should be.

/                     Explosion settings                      /
#define Explosion_Radius    1.0     //[0.2 to 100.0] Amount of effect you want.

/                      Cartoon settings                       /
#define CartoonPower         4.0     //[0.1 to 10.0] Amount of effect you want.
#define CartoonEdgeSlope     6.0     //[0.1 to 8.0] Raise this to filter out fainter edges. You might need to increase the power to compensate. Whole numbers are faster.

/*----------------------------------------------------------.
  /                       Levels settings                      /
  '----------------------------------------------------------*/

#define Levels_black_point 8    //[0 to 255] The black point is the new black - literally. Everything darker than this will become completely black. Default is 16.0
#define Levels_white_point 238   //[0 to 255] The new white point. Everything brighter than this becomes completely white. Default is 235.0

//Colors between the two points will stretched, which increases contrast, but details above and below the points are lost (this is called clipping).

/                    Advanced CRT settings                   /
#define CRTAmount            1.00    //[0.00 to 1.00]  Amount of CRT effect you want

#define CRTResolution        1.0     //[1.0 to 8.0]    Input size coefficent (low values gives the "low-res retro look"). Default is 1.2
#define CRTgamma             2.2     //[0.0 to 4.0]    Gamma of simulated CRT (default 2.2)
#define CRTmonitorgamma      2.4     //[0.0 to 4.0]    Gamma of display monitor (typically 2.2 is correct)
#define CRTBrightness        1.2     //[1.0 to 3.0]    Used to boost brightness a little. Default is 1.0
#define CRTScanlineIntensity 2.0     //[2.0 to 4.0]    Scanlines intensity (use integer values preferably). Default is 2.0
#define CRTScanlineGaussian  1       //[0 or 1]        Use the "new nongaussian scanlines bloom effect". Default is on

#define CRTCurvature         1       //[[0 or 1]          "Barrel effect" enabled (1) or off (0)
#define CRTCurvatureRadius   2.0     //[0.0 to 2.0]       Curvature Radius (only effective when Curvature is enabled). Default is 1.5
#define CRTCornerSize        0.0100  //[0.0000 to 0.0020] Higher values, more rounded corner. Default is 0.001
#define CRTDistance          2.00    //[0.00 to 4.00]     Simulated distance from viewer to monitor. Default is 2.00
#define CRTAngleX            0.00    //[-0.20 to 0.20]    Tilt angle in radians (X coordinates)
#define CRTAngleY           -0.15   //[-0.20 to 0.20]    Tilt angle in radians (Y coordinates). (Value of -0.15 gives the 'arcade tilt' look)
#define CRTOverScan          1.00    //[1.00 to 1.10]     Overscan (e.g. 1.02 for 2% overscan). Default is 1.01
#define CRTOversample        0       //[0 or 1]           Enable 3x oversampling of the beam profile (warning : performance hit)

/                  Bloom settings                             /
#define BloomThreshold 16.25 //[0.00 to 50.00] Threshold for what is a bright light (that causes bloom) and what isn't.
#define BloomPower 1.446     //[0.000 to 8.000] Strength of the bloom
#define BloomWidth 0.0142    //[0.0000 to 1.0000] Width of the bloom

/                  HDR settings                               /
#define HDRPower 1.10  //[0.00 to 8.00] Strangely lowering this makes the image brighter
#define radius2  0.80  //[0.00 to 8.00] Raising this seems to make the effect stronger and also brighter

/                  LumaSharpen settings                       /
// -- Sharpening --
#define sharp_strength 2.75   //[0.10 to 3.00] Strength of the sharpening
#define sharp_clamp    0.200  //[0.000 to 1.000] Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.035

// -- Advanced sharpening settings --
#define pattern 4        //[1|2|3|4] Choose a sample pattern. 1 = Fast, 2 = Normal, 3 = Wider, 4 = Pyramid shaped.
#define offset_bias 1.0  //[0.0 to 6.0] Offset bias adjusts the radius of the sampling pattern.
                         //I designed the pattern for offset_bias 1.0, but feel free to experiment.

// -- Debug sharpening settings --
#define show_sharpen 0   //[0 or 1] Visualize the strength of the sharpen (multiplied by 4 to see it better)

/                  Gaussian Blur settings                     /
#define GaussEffect 2        //[0|1|2|3]        0 = Blur, 1 = Unsharpmask (expensive), 2 = Bloom, 3 = Sketchy. Default is 2
#define GaussQuality 2       //[0|1|2|3]        Warning: 2 and 3 are expensive. Default is 1
#define GaussSigma 3       //[1 to 4]         The higher the wider blur/bloom is (only effective when Bloom selected)
#define GaussBloomWarmth 2   //[0|1|2]          "Temperature" of the bloom - 0 = neutral, 1 = warm, 2 = hazy/foggy
#define GaussThreshold 0.50  //[0.00 to 1.00]   [DX10/11 only] Threshold for what is a bright light (that causes bloom) and what isn't.
#define GaussExposure 43.0   //[0.00 to 100.00] [DX10/11 only] Exposure of the effect (the lower the brighter)
#define GaussStrength 0.15  //[0.00 to 1.00]   Amount of effect blended into the final image

/                  Film grain settings                        /
#define FilmGrainIntensity 0.06  //[0.00 to 1.00] Intensity of grain. Default is 0.46
#define FilmGrainExposure 25     //[0 to 100]     Grain Exposure. Default is 40 (Lower -> darker noise)
#define FilmGrainSize 5          //[0 to 10]      Size of the grain. Default is 2 (Higher -> thinner noise)

/                  TECHNICOLOR settings                       /
#define TechniAmount 0.95         //[0.00 to 1.00]
#define TechniPower  3.5         //[0.00 to 8.00]
#define redNegativeAmount   0.74 //[0.00 to 1.00]
#define greenNegativeAmount 0.83 //[0.00 to 1.00]
#define blueNegativeAmount  0.9 //[0.00 to 1.00]

/                  Cineon DPX settings                        /

Edited by RawGritz

Thanks can you add these settings as well...as maybe Option 2 or something...? The pics above are from using these settings below.

/                      Choose effects                         /

// Set to 1 for ON or 0 for OFF
#define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 0 //[0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines using the SMAA technique.
#define USE_FXAA_ANTIALIASING 1 //[0 or 1] FXAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines using the FXAA technique
#define USE_CA                0 //[0 or 1] Chromatic aberration. You can only use Chromatic Aberration OR the Explosion Shader. Not both at the same time.
#define USE_EXPLOSION         0 //[0 or 1] Explosion : Scatters the pixels, making the image look fuzzy.
#define USE_CARTOON           0 //[0 or 1] Cartoon : "Toon"s the image.(Interferes with SMAA, CRT, Bloom, HDR and Lumasharpen)
#define USE_LEVELS            1 //[0 or 1] Levels : Sets a new black and white point. This increases contrast but causes clipping. Use Curves instead if you want to avoid that.
#define USE_ADVANCED_CRT      0 //[0 or 1] Advanced CRT : Simulates an old CRT TV display. Set gaussian blur along with it to get a halation effect
#define USE_BLOOM             0 //[0 or 1] Bloom : Makes bright lights bleed their light into their surroundings (relatively high performance cost)
#define USE_HDR               1 //[0 or 1] HDR : Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high performance cost)
#define USE_LUMASHARPEN       1 //[0 or 1] LumaSharpen : Also sharpens the antialiased edges which makes them less smooth - I'm working on fixing that.
#define USE_GAUSSIAN          1 //[0 or 1] Gaussian Blur : can be used to... blur, but also bloom/hazy/glowy look, also unsharp masking
#define USE_FILMGRAIN         1 //[0 or 1] Filmgrain effect
#define USE_TECHNICOLOR       0 //[0 or 1] TECHNICOLOR : Attempts to mimic the look of an old movie using the Technicolor three-strip color process (Techicolor Process 4)
#define USE_DPX               1 //[0 or 1] Cineon DPX : Should make the image look like it's been converted to DXP Cineon - basically it's another movie-like look similar to technicolor.
#define USE_MONOCHROME        0 //[0 or 1] Monochrome : Monochrome makes the colors disappear.
#define USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN     1 //[0 or 1] Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights (avoids clipping)
#define USE_TONEMAP           1 //[0 or 1] Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause clipping)
#define USE_VIBRANCE          1 //[0 or 1] Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.
#define USE_CURVES            1 //[0 or 1] Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves.
#define USE_SEPIA             0 //[0 or 1] Sepia : Sepia tones the image.
#define USE_VIGNETTE          0 //[0 or 1] Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens. May cause banding artifacts.
#define USE_DITHER            1 //[0 or 1] Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts (mostly caused by Vignette)
#define USE_BORDER            0 //[0 or 1] Border : Makes the screenedge black as a workaround for the bright edge that forcing some AA modes sometimes causes.
#define USE_SPLITSCREEN       0 //[0 or 1] Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.

#define USE_CUSTOM            0 //[0 or 1] Custom : Write your own shader by editing custom.h, and then enable it here.

/                  SMAA Anti-aliasing settings                /

#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.15           //[0.05 to 0.20] Edge detection threshold. If SMAA misses some edges try lowering this slightly. I prefer between 0.08 and 0.12.
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 32     //[0 to 98] Determines the radius SMAA will search for aliased edges
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 16  //[0 to 16] Determines the radius SMAA will search for diagonal aliased edges
#define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 16       //[0 to 100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners. 0 seems to affect fine text the least so it's the default.

// -- Advanced SMAA settings --
#define COLOR_EDGE_DETECTION 1        //[0 or 1] 1 Enables color edge detection (slower but slightly more acurate) - 0 uses luma edge detection (faster)
#define SMAA_DIRECTX9_LINEAR_BLEND 0  //[0 or 1] Using DX9 HARDWARE? (software version doesn't matter) if so this needs to be 1 - If not, leave it at 0.
                                      //Enable this only if you use a Geforce 7xxx series or older card, or a Radeon X1xxx series or older card.

/                  FXAA Anti-aliasing settings                /
#define FXAA_QUALITY__PRESET 39      //[1 to 39] Choose the quality preset. 39 is the highest quality.
#define fxaa_Subpix 0.800            //[0.000 to 1.000] Choose the amount of sub-pixel aliasing removal.
#define fxaa_EdgeThreshold 0.61    //[0.000 to 1.000] Edge detection threshold. The minimum amount of local contrast required to apply algorithm.
#define fxaa_EdgeThresholdMin 0.5  //[0.000 to 1.000] Darkness threshold. Trims the algorithm from processing darks.

/                       Chromatic aberration                   /
#define outfocus  0.00                     //[0.00 to 1.000] How strong the effect should be.

/                     Explosion settings                      /
#define Explosion_Radius    1.0     //[0.2 to 100.0] Amount of effect you want.

/                      Cartoon settings                       /
#define CartoonPower         4.0     //[0.1 to 10.0] Amount of effect you want.
#define CartoonEdgeSlope     6.0     //[0.1 to 8.0] Raise this to filter out fainter edges. You might need to increase the power to compensate. Whole numbers are faster.

/                       Levels settings                      /

#define Levels_black_point 8    //[0 to 255] The black point is the new black - literally. Everything darker than this will become completely black. Default is 16.0
#define Levels_white_point 238   //[0 to 255] The new white point. Everything brighter than this becomes completely white. Default is 235.0

//Colors between the two points will stretched, which increases contrast, but details above and below the points are lost (this is called clipping).

/                    Advanced CRT settings                   /
#define CRTAmount            1.00    //[0.00 to 1.00]  Amount of CRT effect you want

#define CRTResolution        1.0     //[1.0 to 8.0]    Input size coefficent (low values gives the "low-res retro look"). Default is 1.2
#define CRTgamma             2.2     //[0.0 to 4.0]    Gamma of simulated CRT (default 2.2)
#define CRTmonitorgamma      2.4     //[0.0 to 4.0]    Gamma of display monitor (typically 2.2 is correct)
#define CRTBrightness        1.2     //[1.0 to 3.0]    Used to boost brightness a little. Default is 1.0
#define CRTScanlineIntensity 2.0     //[2.0 to 4.0]    Scanlines intensity (use integer values preferably). Default is 2.0
#define CRTScanlineGaussian  1       //[0 or 1]        Use the "new nongaussian scanlines bloom effect". Default is on

#define CRTCurvature         1       //[[0 or 1]          "Barrel effect" enabled (1) or off (0)
#define CRTCurvatureRadius   2.0     //[0.0 to 2.0]       Curvature Radius (only effective when Curvature is enabled). Default is 1.5
#define CRTCornerSize        0.0100  //[0.0000 to 0.0020] Higher values, more rounded corner. Default is 0.001
#define CRTDistance          2.00    //[0.00 to 4.00]     Simulated distance from viewer to monitor. Default is 2.00
#define CRTAngleX            0.00    //[-0.20 to 0.20]    Tilt angle in radians (X coordinates)
#define CRTAngleY           -0.15   //[-0.20 to 0.20]    Tilt angle in radians (Y coordinates). (Value of -0.15 gives the 'arcade tilt' look)
#define CRTOverScan          1.00    //[1.00 to 1.10]     Overscan (e.g. 1.02 for 2% overscan). Default is 1.01
#define CRTOversample        0       //[0 or 1]           Enable 3x oversampling of the beam profile (warning : performance hit)

/                  Bloom settings                             /
#define BloomThreshold 16.25 //[0.00 to 50.00] Threshold for what is a bright light (that causes bloom) and what isn't.
#define BloomPower 1.446     //[0.000 to 8.000] Strength of the bloom
#define BloomWidth 0.0142    //[0.0000 to 1.0000] Width of the bloom

/                  HDR settings                               /
#define HDRPower 1.10  //[0.00 to 8.00] Strangely lowering this makes the image brighter
#define radius2  0.80  //[0.00 to 8.00] Raising this seems to make the effect stronger and also brighter

/                  LumaSharpen settings                       /
// -- Sharpening --
#define sharp_strength 2.75   //[0.10 to 3.00] Strength of the sharpening
#define sharp_clamp    0.200  //[0.000 to 1.000] Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.035

// -- Advanced sharpening settings --
#define pattern 4        //[1|2|3|4] Choose a sample pattern. 1 = Fast, 2 = Normal, 3 = Wider, 4 = Pyramid shaped.
#define offset_bias 1.0  //[0.0 to 6.0] Offset bias adjusts the radius of the sampling pattern.
                         //I designed the pattern for offset_bias 1.0, but feel free to experiment.

// -- Debug sharpening settings --
#define show_sharpen 0   //[0 or 1] Visualize the strength of the sharpen (multiplied by 4 to see it better)

/                  Gaussian Blur settings                     /
#define GaussEffect 2        //[0|1|2|3]        0 = Blur, 1 = Unsharpmask (expensive), 2 = Bloom, 3 = Sketchy. Default is 2
#define GaussQuality 2       //[0|1|2|3]        Warning: 2 and 3 are expensive. Default is 1
#define GaussSigma 3       //[1 to 4]         The higher the wider blur/bloom is (only effective when Bloom selected)
#define GaussBloomWarmth 2   //[0|1|2]          "Temperature" of the bloom - 0 = neutral, 1 = warm, 2 = hazy/foggy
#define GaussThreshold 0.50  //[0.00 to 1.00]   [DX10/11 only] Threshold for what is a bright light (that causes bloom) and what isn't.
#define GaussExposure 43.0   //[0.00 to 100.00] [DX10/11 only] Exposure of the effect (the lower the brighter)
#define GaussStrength 0.15  //[0.00 to 1.00]   Amount of effect blended into the final image

/                  Film grain settings                        /
#define FilmGrainIntensity 0.06  //[0.00 to 1.00] Intensity of grain. Default is 0.46
#define FilmGrainExposure 25     //[0 to 100]     Grain Exposure. Default is 40 (Lower -> darker noise)
#define FilmGrainSize 5          //[0 to 10]      Size of the grain. Default is 2 (Higher -> thinner noise)

/                  TECHNICOLOR settings                       /
#define TechniAmount 0.95         //[0.00 to 1.00]
#define TechniPower  3.5         //[0.00 to 8.00]
#define redNegativeAmount   0.74 //[0.00 to 1.00]
#define greenNegativeAmount 0.83 //[0.00 to 1.00]
#define blueNegativeAmount  0.9 //[0.00 to 1.00]

/                  Cineon DPX settings                        /

Done! Thanks for sharing, will have to give 'em a shot myself ;)

Guys...  Just FYI.  Alt-Tabbing in Fullscreen works now too!  XD

I'm still working on some settings and will upload a new one for you all soon as well.  I'm really happy we SweetFX works well with Warframe now.  =)

Yes I forgot to mention this as this was never a problem a I experienced much. I hate windowed mode so I didn't do that with Dx11 disabled.

All is right with the world now. Looks great.

I also toned down the Lumasharpen on my most recent settings file found on the 1st pg. from 2.75 to 2.55

I always run in windowed mode (because it works just fine on my end) so I didn't even know there were issues in other modes xD Good to hear though.

Edited by xxx7

Welp, time to put back SweetFX on.

I removed it after getting the half grey effect. Thanks for the updates and the shared presets, I'll try them later

Good to have ya back ;) There's really no reason not to give SweetFX a shot now...absolutely no downside to it!

Just a note on sweetfx and DX11, it breaks tessellation. If you have sweetfx tessellation cannot be enabled (at least with AMD GPU). not a deal breaker as it gets very little use in warframe and sweetfx ends making a bigger visual impact.

Wow, this is amazing!

I'm having trouble getting borders to work and want to get a letterbox effect.

Here are my settings:

#define USE_BORDER            1

#define border_width float2(0,100)
#define border_color float3(0, 0, 0) 

But I don't see any borders at all - any ideas?

Wow, this is amazing!

I'm having trouble getting borders to work and want to get a letterbox effect.

Here are my settings:

#define USE_BORDER            1

#define border_width float2(0,100)
#define border_color float3(0, 0, 0) 

But I don't see any borders at all - any ideas?

Hmm. Never played with Border. Let me test it out and see what I get.

Anybody else ?

Just a note on sweetfx and DX11, it breaks tessellation. If you have sweetfx tessellation cannot be enabled (at least with AMD GPU). not a deal breaker as it gets very little use in warframe and sweetfx ends making a bigger visual impact.

I have runtime tessellation in-game, working no problem. This may be GPU related, as I'm on Nvidia...needs further testing to be sure though. And yes, Warframe hardly uses tessellation at all.

Is there a way to remove the yellow effect I get on Sechura while still having vibrant colors?

Not sure what yellow effect you're talking about, but you can do almost anything with SweetFX. Post a screenshot?

Not sure what yellow effect you're talking about, but you can do almost anything with SweetFX. Post a screenshot?

I was able to find a sweetfx setting somewhere that did not have the yellow effect. Thanks for trying to help.

I have runtime tessellation in-game, working no problem. This may be GPU related, as I'm on Nvidia...needs further testing to be sure though. And yes, Warframe hardly uses tessellation at all.

Yea, probably an AMD thing with Warframe/SweetFX thing

Could also be a thing with pre-GCN GPU like the HD6970 (mine) and earlier or the version of sweetfx i use who knows?

Edited by Echoa

Is there a way to remove the yellow effect I get on Sechura while still having vibrant colors?

Was the yellow effect somehow similar to the image below? I have experience that but did not have a screenshot so I just photoshopped a screenshot to look like it.

FFkVlC0.jpg

qum0mk2.jpg

5xobQNh.jpg

If yes, I get this sometimes in Sechura. It's the effect from color correction since disabling it removes the yellow overlay and disabling SweetFX using the hotkey does not remove it. . 

EDIT: Added screenshots

Edited by Ambisyon_Ni_Batman