Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The acceltra and akarius are BAD weapons for gauss

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

I'm suprised with the design choices for the acceltra 

It's made to be gauss' special weapon...but in fact it works with everyone but him

Gauss performs a lot better with slow low fire rate high damage weapons...

Because he has the highest fire rate/melee speed buffs in most warframes he makes these slow weapons 10x better by increasing their DPS 

The fire rate boost to acceltra while noticeable it is negligible...because it's already lightning fast it has a very good dps 

If anything it's a nerf to DPS because it eats through ammo in 2 or 3 reloads 

A good weapon choice for gauss is prisma grinlok...the fire rate boost makes this weapon an almost automatic burst fire rifle instead of lever action

Or the komorex sniper that turns it's second zoom into a machine gun 50 cal 

Akarius has amazing damage it almost reminds me of hildryn's balefire chaŕger but better 

But still the fire rate buff is negligible 

But even with that high damage you're better off using something more useful like a kitgun 

I would've preferred if they made him a weapon that has a special relationship with the warframe how the knell is with harrow

Knell works a lot better with harrow 

It synergies with his kit

And scourge synergies with both

I suggest that Acceltra should change it's stats to be a completely different weapon

Edited by (PS4)Hopper_Orouk

High rate of fire weapons still benefit from more fire rate. Though it does empty the Acceltra out pretty quick, he also gets quite a lot of reload speed to get it right back out there. It does tend to require charging right into the enemies in order to restock ammo at the rate you expend it, though, which leads to the actual risk of the acceltra; if you're running too fast into combat you're going to blow yourself up with it. Though if you keep the elemental damage as blast or something (or eschew it entirely for one of those full-on hunter munition only builds some people seem to like?), you can render yourself immune with kinetic armor.

though you'll die REAL fast if you ever charge into your own fire without it active/high enough.

as for the akarius, i never got the blueprint, but it kind of sounds like it's just not a great weapon in general

Edited by OvisCaedo

6 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

but in fact it works with everyone but him

Like the Fulmin, since the Semi-Auto mode overshadows the Automatic mode. As such, most of everyone do not care for switching between modes that often.

Knell works a lot better with harrow 

That's fine, but most of these "Signature Weapon" bonus are minor to the point that any other frame should be able to use it as well even without the bonus.

But even with that high damage you're better off using something more useful like a kitgun 

Not every gun has to be as brokenly good as a Kitgun (Catchmoon in particular), not to mention how Kitguns just ripped the weapon balance apart. 

Both the Acceltra and Akarius personifies Gauss, blunt and speedy as a "cannonball". The Acceltra's crit stats and the Akarius's high damage, along with their splash damage (being missile launchers) reflects that.