Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Profile Stats and Mission Failures

EntityEnigma

What's the purpose of keeping track of completion rate in this game? Could we just remove this from profile completely? I'm not particularly keen on games that keep track of failures. I know it doesn't really matter but in that case why bother displaying that in the first place? I don't really want to know how many times I've failed cause who cares.

Edited by EntityEnigma
  • Like 1

There are quite a large amount of statistics that are quite useless information. Hopefully when the profile screen gets the UI pass, things get looked at. That being said, I find Mission completions as a good measure in proportion to hours played, but missions failed/quit/completion% seems hardly necessary.

Edited by Voltage

I can see the point of "Missions Complete" as that tells you how active someone is, but missions failed/quit is pointless.
Especially when a large number of fail/quits can be caused by bugs.  Door won't open for you because of some lag?  That's a quit.  Level generation goes wrong and places a wall blocking a door you need to go through?  That's a quit.  Find a world hole that can't respawn you back onto solid ground?  That's a quit...and so on.

Its not really a good indication of anything really.

I honestly don't care.

The presence of success or failure doesn't impact a persons actually credibility, cause a lot of the failures can be bug related. 

It take it more along the lines of, the number of game stopping bugs I observed or the number of times I forgot to equip the right gear in a mission. 

I think the "mission failed" statistic is pretty stupid to have in the game. It will never get a fair indication since whenever you abandon a mission it tracks as a failed one iirc. That means whenever you've gotten into one of those lovely high ping games and left it, your fail stat will go up.

I did enjoy the death stat back when I played Marvel Heroes until they removed it. It was a neat little statistic, being able to compare the heroes actual strength to all the "zomg! dis hero so week! QQ reee!" threads and general chat outbursts.

Don't worry about your mission failures.

I've never seen anyone get kicked out of a squad for their mission stats.

The only stats people care about is your mastery, total playtime (but they're not that important) and especially your amount of Hydrolyst captures if you want to join a dedicated squad that really requires you to know what to do.

Half of the profile stats are useless though. The long list of scans being the main one. Eidolon stats are bugged especially when solo, those mission stats since at the time solo vault runs involved a lot of quitting missions when I had the wrong key (now thankfully we can equip all 4 keys).

1 hour ago, (XB1)razberryX said:

I think those stats are more for people who care about them. You can simply just not look at them.

That's not how it works. Games like WF are all about power fantasy and wish fulfillment, and being successful is something literally everyone wants, while failing is something everyone hates. Everyone would love to just leave their failures in the past and forget they ever happened. In real life that's not an option, but games can do that very easily. WF chooses not to, and I can totally see why some people would be bothered by that.

3 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

That's not how it works. Games like WF are all about power fantasy and wish fulfillment, and being successful is something literally everyone wants, while failing is something everyone hates. Everyone would love to just leave their failures in the past and forget they ever happened. In real life that's not an option, but games can do that very easily. WF chooses not to, and I can totally see why some people would be bothered by that.

Yeah, and I agree with you, but if you don't want to see your failures, simply just don't go to the profile menu. That's the whole point of my comment.

Edit: And even then, most of the stats that are shown, like kills and such are positive stats and are negative stats are overlooked in the grand scheme of things. You really have to look at the stats in order to figure out which are negative in particular.

Edited by (XB1)razberryX
  • Like 1

Personally I like profile stats. It's nice to play a game where I can see the numbers progressing any time I take a peak at my stats. Maybe some people might take a look at their stats and try to complete a goal as motivation towards playing the game more. A good example of this are a few people maybe wanting to complete 100 tricaps, or trying to raise their completion rate stat higher, or lower the quit rate percentage. 

If only failed missions meant something. Pretty sure my count is broken down by this: 1-2% actually failed (Ie defense target died),  50% left because of lag / High ping, 5% left because I forgot something (still counted as fail not quit), remaining % host migration did me in.

If it becomes a problem with discrimination, I'm sure DE would do something about it. As it stands right now though, so few people care about it that it's not an issue, and if the main reason you don't like those stats is because you don't like to see them, there's a pretty simple solution for it.

On a similar note, though, I wish DE would have allowed hacking puzzles solved with ciphers to mix with the ones that you dont. But hey, whatever.

24 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

If only failed missions meant something. Pretty sure my count is broken down by this: 1-2% actually failed (Ie defense target died),  50% left because of lag / High ping, 5% left because I forgot something (still counted as fail not quit), remaining % host migration did me in.

I'm not sure if someone leaving or host migrating you out would give you a fail though. As I experience this quite a lot, but both my Failures and my Quits are pretty abysmal, so I don't think those count as failures. Though this is just in my own experience. 

K7OU9El.jpg

Edited by (XB1)l Saminator l

59 minutes ago, (XB1)razberryX said:

Yeah, and I agree with you, but if you don't want to see your failures, simply just don't go to the profile menu. That's the whole point of my comment.

Edit: And even then, most of the stats that are shown, like kills and such are positive stats and are negative stats are overlooked in the grand scheme of things. You really have to look at the stats in order to figure out which are negative in particular.

The whole point of my comment is that that's not how it works, some people are bothered by knowing that the stats are there even when they're not looking at them.

Edited by SordidDreams

If someone is that bothered by the stats to the point that rather than simply not looking at them and instead wanting them to be removed from the game, doesn't that come across and being a little sensitive towards such a small detail that as others have already pointed out, many don't even care? 

Usually if you want to get a point across with wanting something to be added or removed from the game, you should throw some constructive critisism. So to you, what would be the benefit of removing these profile stats? 

Edited by (XB1)l Saminator l

11 minutes ago, (XB1)l Saminator l said:

If someone is that bothered by the stats to the point that rather than simply not looking at them and instead wanting them to be removed from the game, doesn't that come across and being a little sensitive towards such a small detail that as others have already pointed out, many don't even care? 

Sure, but so what? It's a video game, it's supposed to entertain, not build character. Why not remove those stats to appease that group without doing anything to offend the other group? It'd be a net positive change in overall enjoyability of the game.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)l Saminator l said:

what would be the benefit of removing these profile stats? 

It would make the game more enjoyable for a particular group of players while not diminishing its enjoyability for any other group. Surely making the game as enjoyable as possible for as many people as possible is the goal, so it's a no-brainer.

Edited by SordidDreams

7 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

It would make the game more enjoyable for a particular group of players while not diminishing its enjoyability for any other group. Surely making the game as enjoyable as possible for as many people as possible is the goal, so it's a no-brainer.

As I said in one of the earlier posts, some do enjoy the feature of profile stats being included in a long term game like Warframe, like myself.  Saying that it won't diminish the fun of any other group is pretty arrogant as it means you didn't take into account the players that do like seeing their stats. It was already posted above too. 

If some feel strongly that profile stats should be removed, the best solution would probably be to add a setting somewhere in the options that allows you to disable the public and private view of your profile stats. That way for those that don't wish to see their profile stats, they are happy. Those that do still wish to see their own profile stats or others that have left their stats on public will also not be effected by this change. So it's a win win. 

Though I doubt this is something DE would introduce as like others have pointed out, it's just too small of a detail. Their are hardly any members that hate the stats, and hardly any members that like the stats. About 99% of the members I'm pretty sure simply don't care about the stats, so basically neutral. 

It would just be a waste of a DE's time to work on this when they have more important things to work on.