Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Rework

keikogi

25 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

I am among the first ones that try to be as conservative about reworks as possible. However, some skills are simply bland designs from the get-go. Hence why DE changed two abilities from both Wukong and Ember, and three from Vauban.

You missed the memo pretty hard on these rework

Wukong Rework

Wukong rework was not done to address lack of power , he was effectively immortal. His rework was done exactly to fix a really bland kit. In this case the rework was created because his skill was boring.  You are right about this one.

Ember Rework

The rework is was not made to address a bland kit. The rework was created to address useless damage dealer. DE chose to make old ember useless because the way world on fire works encourage passive plays style. So, the entire point of the rework is to make a kit that encourages an active play style. That’s why she has a fancy meter to force the player to micromanage, the skills aren’t really that interesting.

Passive Sounds interesting

1. somewhat unchanged. Deals AOE fire damage

2. fancy gauge

3. literally a knock down coupled with armor stripping ( almost the same thing as current avalanche )

4. Fancy small AOE skill

I can’t see anything particularly interesting from a mechanical or gameplay standpoint, these are fairly bland skills tied to a gauge. DE just chose to give them the numbers necessary to make them viable and made fire damage better as whole.

Vauban Rework

1. DE literally tried their hardest to keep tesla somewhat unchanged to they created tesla with wheels electric boogaloo

2. Moved from only sherd is truly worthy it to only amp is truly worthy it.

3. This skill was not created to address blandness it was created because of the redundancy of Vortex and Bastille and DE thought Vauban could use a source of damage.

4. It is just a fusion of Bastille and Vortex and it was created to address redundancy

47 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Wukong Rework

Wukong rework was not done to address lack of power , he was effectively immortal. His rework was done exactly to fix a really bland kit. In this case the rework was created because his skill was boring.  You are right about this one.

Yes. Only 1 good skill? Bland

Ember Rework

The rework is was not made to address a bland kit. 

Only used for Personal Space on Fire (a set&forget skill) and the occasional Accelerant? Bland

Vauban Rework

1. DE literally tried their hardest to keep tesla somewhat unchanged to they created tesla with wheels electric boogaloo

2. Moved from only sherd is truly worthy it to only amp is truly worthy it.

3. This skill was not created to address blandness it was created because of the redundancy of Vortex and Bastille and DE thought Vauban could use a source of damage.

4. It is just a fusion of Bastille and Vortex and it was created to address redundancy

Vauban was all CC with two redundant skills, a worthless 1 and an unwieldy, underused 2. And he was? You guessed it! BLAND

See the trend? 😛

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

15 hours ago, keikogi said:

Frost used to be the king of defense missions. Over time more ways to defend appeared on the game and frost, frost isn’t even the best option for defense anymore. So, thought of a rework to improve his ability and give him better defense capabilities and more overall uses for his skills. I don’t think his 3 and 4 need changes but his passive, 1 and 2 really need some help.

Passive

It is bad, you shouldn’t expose yourself to melee damage, and since the passive has 10% chance of procing it is not likely to protect frost from melee damage.

Passive 2.0  

Enemies on a 30 meters radius from Frost are affected by his chilling presence, the effect is stronger the closer the enemies get from Frost.

30 m- 5 % slow

20 m- 10 % slow

10 m- 15 % slow

5 m-30 % slow

1. Freeze (Old)

This skill is useless, why single target CC even exists in this game if any enemy worthy of single target crow control is immune to Crow control. Furthermore, the small ice path it leaves is a joke.

1. Ice lance (conservative update) 

Reveal hidden contents

Launches a targeted projectile, this projectile will freeze any enemies in contact with it. This projectile has unlimited punch trough against enemies but will stop on contact with wall or ground leaving an ice patch. Enemies frozen by this skill will shatter (they die) upon losing half of their health

1.True Ice Glaive ( complete rework )

Reveal hidden contents

Tap

Frost launches a glaive of true ice. Upon contact with an enemy this glaive will freeze this enemy for 15 seconds ( if this enemy was already frozen by avalanche the avalanche freeze duration will be extende by 15 seconds ). Enemies frozen by this glaive will shatter( they just die ) if they lose half of their health while frozen. This glaive will has unlimited bounces but only bounces to enemies affected by cold procs or affected by any other frost skill ( ice wave, snow globe or avalanche). Upon returning to frost , frost gains 7 energy per enemy hit by this glaive.

Charge 

Infuses the glaive with enemy , upon contact with the first enemy or ground. The glaive will stop on that place and start spining faster. The glaive will continuously freezing waves ( this just a copy of zenistar disk but it deal cold damage ). Recasting this skill will recall the glaive and once again Frost gains 7 energy per enemy hit by this attack )

Note: This skill is an exalted weapon and can be modded , unlike other exalted weapons it cannot be equiped ( as soon as you realease the 1, the glaive will fly out, you can't use it for any combos )

2.Ice Wave (Old) 

This skill suffers of redundancy. Why use Ice wave for CC when you can just use avalanche instead. This skill needs a new role.

2. Ice Wave 2.0 (New) 

Just make Ice wave impedance argument the default skill. Also increase the range.

Note: this way Ice wave is about area denial and Avalanche about AOE CC.

SynergyTM

Casting Ice lance on an enemy slowed by Ice Wave will freeze all enemies slowed by this Ice Wave.

3. Snow Globe (Old)

This skill is good, I will add a new function because I want Frost to able to safely leave snow globe.

3. Snow Globe 2.0 (New)

Tap

Same as it is now

Hold

Create a Small Snow globe around frost, this glove will move with frost.

4. Avalanche

Fine as it is now.

What do you think of these changes ?

Ooo a frosty rework i like!!

Passive suggestion, YES lol, thats all i can say to that xD. His current passive was cool to me when i first saw it, but it only freezes an enemy like once every 3 months because i dont let enemies melee me lol

First ability suggestion, Ice lance i feel like i still wouldnt use it much but ice glaive sounds pretty "Cool" (i love cold puns)! My favorite weapon is a long sword or scythe though. As a personal preference id want to incase my weapons in ice to deal extra damage to cold proc enemies. Melee to gain energy or shoot to strips some extra armor

Second ability suggestion, 100% agree that its a weaker version of avalanche (Much weaker). Everytime i use ice wave to mess with a bunch of enemies that are bothering me, it does no damage and provides pretty bad cc. The cold procs going away so quickly. "I shoulda saved energy for Avalanche or Snow Globe" is what i always say to myself lol

As for the idea, i use snow globe for area denial. Though ice wave impendance will be less annoying to teammates, i feel like it should just stay an augment

Instead, id want ice wave to be able to deal tremendous damage! Simular to vaubans orbital strike ability thats coming soon, id want ice wave to scale in damage depending on the amount of enemies frozen. There is something.... SOO satisfying about using ice wave and seeing enemies just break into pieces! Oh just imagine seeing all the snowflake particles gently fall down after youve shattered enemies, its so beautiful! 🖤🖤 

Third Ability suggestion, hmm, this one is good too but id want it to be different from all the other frames like nehza and rhino. Maybe when frost puts down a globe, it gives everyone a blizzard like effect. Working like a pickup simular to wisp

The blizzard would stay around the player, reduce enemy accuracy, slow nearby enemies, and grants weapons extra cold damage that doesnt combine with other single elements on the weapon being used. Players obtain this effect from simply going in and out of the globe. Effect last 15 seconds

Fourth ability suggestion: definently!

9/10 rework id give this, i see people have already said that hes a solid warframe and shouldnt be prioritized for a rework amongst other warframes. Though i agree, i also disagree cause i love frost 💙💙💙 Looks good ^_^

Edit: this dang thing was acting like submit didnt work, accidentally sent this 3 times....

Edited by (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII

5 hours ago, (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII said:

First ability suggestion, Ice lance i feel like i still wouldnt use it much but ice glaive sounds pretty "Cool" (i love cold puns)! My favorite weapon is a long sword or scythe though. As a personal preference id want to incase my weapons in ice to deal extra damage to cold proc enemies. Melee to gain energy or shoot to strips some extra armor

I couldn't realy do a sword because gara already has a "glass " sword. Scythe could be done but there is problem. The most functional use of freeze right now is blowing up badly positioned snow globes. If we replace it with a proper melee weapon or a melee weapon buff this functionality will be heavily hindered. It Also would force a rework on freeze force.

On the other hand the glaive does not create these problems. If you thrown the glaive at snow glove it will explode. If thrown the glaive at an ally the glaive will bounce buffing all allies.

The glaive is quite overloaded , debuff (insta kills enemies if they lose half of their health ) , crow control , energy regen , Area Denial ( cold zenistar ). But it does require you to set enemies up with the rest of frost's kit or a good cold weapon.

Note: the lance is the most conservative change I would ever do and the glaive is the craziest one I would risk.

Second ability suggestion, 100% agree that its a weaker version of avalanche (Much weaker). Everytime i use ice wave to mess with a bunch of enemies that are bothering me, it does no damage and provides pretty bad cc. The cold procs going away so quickly. "I shoulda saved energy for Avalanche or Snow Globe" is what i always say to myself lol

It is a simple fix , the glaive can capitalize on the slowed enemies turning the soft cc of a lingering slow into hard CC ( freeze ) coupled with a strong debuff ( if enemies take. Damahe equals to half of their health they will die ). On top of that you get some energy 

for the idea, i use snow globe for area denial. Though ice wave impendance will be less annoying to teammates, i feel like it should just stay an augment

I used to do thar eons ago with max range frost but while it does work , you annoy your teammates too much. I would rather just buff the range and duration of Ice wave inpedance so frost can properly freeze the ground. Also I think frost should be able to slide over this ground with great speed.

Instead, id want ice wave to be able to deal tremendous damage! Simular to vaubans orbital strike ability thats coming soon, id want ice wave to scale in damage depending on the amount of enemies frozen. There is something.... SOO satisfying about using ice wave and seeing enemies just break into pieces! Oh just imagine seeing all the snowflake particles gently fall down after youve shattered enemies, its so beautiful! 🖤🖤 

The damage aspect of frost kit was already placed on the glaive. It bounces as long as there are valid targets so It can capitalize on any forms of freezing.

Third Ability suggestion, hmm, this one is good too but id want it to be different from all the other frames like nehza and rhino. Maybe when frost puts down a globe, it gives everyone a blizzard like effect. Working like a pickup simular to wisp

The blizzard would stay around the player, reduce enemy accuracy, slow nearby enemies, and grants weapons extra cold damage that doesnt combine with other single elements on the weapon being used. Players obtain this effect from simply going in and out of the globe. Effect last 15 seconds

I like the mobile snow globe because it just works. You know I like to create fancy skills but mobile snow globe is a easy fix , and it isn't really close to rhino or Nezha it is closer to zephyr turbulence. Also , it is kinda sad every ice Eximus can pull of the mobile snow globe trick and frost can't.

Edited by keikogi

1 hour ago, keikogi said:

On the other hand the glaive does not create these problems. If you thrown the glaive at snow glove it will explode. If thrown the glaive at an ally the glaive will bounce buffing all allies.

Veryy true!

1 hour ago, keikogi said:

I like the mobile snow globe because it just works. You know I like to create fancy skills but mobile snow globe is a easy fix , and it isn't really close to rhino or Nezha it is closer to zephyr turbulence. Also , it is kinda sad every ice Eximus can pull of the mobile snow globe trick and frost can't.

I suppose youre right 🤔 and i see what you mean about zephyr since frost globe usually only protects you from gunfire, explosives still cant hurt

Okay rework 9.6/10 now to me

@(PS4)IIFrost_GhostII ,I also added the ability to slide over the ice created by Ice wave. Ideally, I would like this ability to have a mobility purpose like this

Ideally something like this,

GFHiyz.gif

but I think while something like this is in theme and realy cool. I don’t know how people would feel about it. Maybe I will add it under a spoiler section called If You like the rule of COOL.

Tap

Cone of cold

Hold

frost Freezes the ground in front of himself and quickly slides over it. Works like Gauss’s 1 but it slower and leaves Frozen Ground Behind.

Note: would work mid air and create a bridge for your allies to cross.

Edited by keikogi

23 hours ago, keikogi said:

The selling point of this skill is shatter effect ( insta kill ) , it's synergy ( I would prefer to call this kinda off ability combos of combo but warframe usually calls them synergies ) with Ice wave allows you to hit mutiple enemies with it. Due to the way it's worded it also an sinergizes with viral proc ( reduce enemy to by half than if you do 1/4 of their to as damage they die ). If you realy have a thought nut to crack you can thrown in an avalanche to armor strip the enemy on top of that.

This is fair, though you could still have natural synergy by having Ice Lance shatter enemies affected by Cold status for the damage you mentioned. This would mean that you could automatically combo Ice Lance with Ice Wave by freezing the ground with Frost's 2, then picking off enemies on top of it with Ice Lance for massively increased effectiveness.

3 hours ago, keikogi said:

@(PS4)IIFrost_GhostII ,I also added the ability to slide over the ice created by Ice wave. Ideally, I would like this ability to have a mobility purpose like this

Ideally something like this,

GFHiyz.gif

but I think while something like this is in theme and realy cool. I don’t know how people would feel about it. Maybe I will add it under a spoiler section called If You like the rule of COOL.

Tap

Cone of cold

Hold

frost Freezes the ground in front of himself and quickly slides over it. Works like Gauss’s 1 but it slower and leaves Frozen Ground Behind.

Note: would work mid air and create a bridge for your allies to cross.

Honestly, you could probably just roll this into Ice Wave as a baseline: if Frost cast Ice Wave while airborne, he could create a sheet of ice from his location that would connect to terrain it hits and remain persistently (which would work well with making Ice Wave Impedance baseline too, as you suggested), which he could then walk through at increased speed (and for increased flavor/functionality you could also let him have zero loss of speed when sliding on the ice), so you'd have the best of both worlds, and a more versatile ability as a result.

46 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

This is fair, though you could still have natural synergy by having Ice Lance shatter enemies affected by Cold status for the damage you mentioned. This would mean that you could automatically combo Ice Lance with Ice Wave by freezing the ground with Frost's 2, then picking off enemies on top of it with Ice Lance for massively increased effectiveness.

I already added the true ice glaive as complete resing alternative. It sinergizes with forst kit ( capitlies on all slows and cc on frost kit) and gives him a fair bit of damage and energy regeration. Also works as a cold zenistar. Have a look at it. At base it only targets 1 enemy but it will bounce towards any enemy affectes by cold proc or other frost skills.

46 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

Honestly, you could probably just roll this into Ice Wave as a baseline: if Frost cast Ice Wave while airborne, he could create a sheet of ice from his location that would connect to terrain it hits and remain persistently (which would work well with making Ice Wave Impedance baseline too, as you suggested), which he could then walk through at increased speed (and for increased flavor/functionality you could also let him have zero loss of speed when sliding on the ice), so you'd have the best of both worlds, and a more versatile ability as a result.

Already added version using the current tap and hold duality. Right now, the tap and hold triggers are fairly precise (playing guass I never feel like I miscasted ). But maybe I will rework it fallowing your sugestion. The hold version is slow mach rush(should be more maneuverable as well ) , but leaves an ice trail (if you cast it mid air it creates frozen terrain ) if you tap you get the ice wave.

Edited by keikogi

Am 14.10.2019 um 17:36 schrieb (XB1)GearsMatrix301:

Gara. Mass Vitrify is just a better Snowglobe and she has incredible damage potential and far better tanking.

gara doesnt exactly do what frost does. maybe if shes played on lower levels the result is the same but her role is more offensive overall. her mass vit is meant to be used to cover enemies and empower her damage, aside of the refresh/scaling synergy with her splinter storm. there are similarities in their kit but their role is different and even tho u can get a similar results with gara on lower levels i would rate her more of an offensive frame than she seems at first. frost is purely defensive aside of low dura high dmg avalanche or ice wave but imo thats not a too viable build after a certain point.

6 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

gara doesnt exactly do what frost does. maybe if shes played on lower levels the result is the same but her role is more offensive overall. her mass vit is meant to be used to cover enemies and empower her damage, aside of the refresh/scaling synergy with her splinter storm. there are similarities in their kit but their role is different and even tho u can get a similar results with gara on lower levels i would rate her more of an offensive frame than she seems at first. frost is purely defensive aside of low dura high dmg avalanche or ice wave but imo thats not a too viable build after a certain point.

Mass Vitrify scales to the enemies it glasses over, and you can shoot through both the inside and outside of it.

Snowglobe requires you to try to coax the enemies into shooting at it when you cast it to scale it’s health up, and you can only shoot through it from the inside.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

gara doesnt exactly do what frost does. maybe if shes played on lower levels the result is the same but her role is more offensive overall.

How many enemies can exploit the lack of roof in Gara's wall ?

Just now, (PS4)thegarada said:

Skill 1 should be slightly buffed.

Single target skills fundamentally suck in warframe. You can only save this one with heavy changes.

Just now, (PS4)thegarada said:

Skill 2 should be an AOE damage reduction skill. Like frost armor.

As weird is this may sound I was tring to make small changes , besides if you thing frost has durability concerns I think the mobile snow globe should adress them.

Edit: frost already has ice armor as a argument for his ultimate.

Edited by keikogi

vor 32 Minuten schrieb (XB1)GearsMatrix301:

Mass Vitrify scales to the enemies it glasses over, and you can shoot through both the inside and outside of it.

Snowglobe requires you to try to coax the enemies into shooting at it when you cast it to scale it’s health up, and you can only shoot through it from the inside.

what about it ? where did i try to negate these facts ? u basically named the differences: frost is mostly defensive. gara more offensive since u cover enemies not just to cc but also to improve ur damage. the walls by far dont last as long as snow globe, their effective health especially per part are much much lower and the most realistic use at a certain point is mentioned covering/dmg buff/scaling for splinter storm. cc is never bad but its not why shes played, if that was the case frost for avalanche would be better, even nova would be better despite not having real hard cc.

also, enemies will shoot u naturally so its not like u have to motivate enemies to shoot the globe if u are within or cast it when having aggro.

so which part of ur statement is conflicting mine ? if anything its clarifying imo.

vor 42 Minuten schrieb Xydeth:

there are similarities in their kit but their role is different and even tho u can get a similar results with gara on lower levels i would rate her more of an offensive frame than she seems at first. frost is purely defensive aside of low dura high dmg avalanche or ice wave but imo thats not a too viable build after a certain point.

Edited by Xydeth

18 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

No, it's so basic. I would rather Frost conjure a massive Blizzard (see Exploiter Orb) that reduces enemy accuracy and deals constant damage to them. Allies receive evasion and  Cold damage bonuses. Additionally, enemies inside the Blizzard that take Cold damage will eventually freeze

so, you actually want a worst version of what it is now... Nice nerf, I bet it will look fantastic, and serve no real purpose...
let's analize
Now: I press 4 - Enemies don't shoot at all = damage reduced by 100%
Your's: I press 4 - Enemies may miss? I may Dodge? = Damage May be reduced...by Maybe%

Now: I press 4 - Enemies freeze = visually: meh; effectiveness: 100% 
Your's: I press 4 - Enemies gets a cold, I wait, and wait... and wait..... for ... it..... LAME... = visually: laggy, noisy, blegh; effectiveness: blegh% 

Edited by Jcyrano

18 hours ago, keikogi said:

Gona say what I've said before "It is closer to gara's 1 , excalibur 1 and Atals fist. It not realy about spaning "E" like most exated weapons and hopping for the best. The trown version only works well if you set it up with avalanche or ice wave , you can also use it for area denial ( cold zenistar ) as well. I like it's desing but it is a  bit a quite big change. I've allowed it to be modded just because it would push frost damage a bit, but it's streght  is on the utility. ". I just said it is a exalted weapon becasue I think DE will move on from stat stick melee weapons.

Edit: Also you never realy equip it as proper exalted weapon since as soon as you realise the 1 key, you will thrown the weapon.

Call it for what it is, an ability that IS affected by Mele mods, Not an exalted weapon; AGAIN let's NOT give Frost an EXALTED BULSH!T... I repeat: NOT give exalted BULSH!T.
I like the cold sprinkler you offer, but no thanks; I keep the bouncing part of the kit, funnier, and hope it bounce from terrain, so I can hit enemies behind cover using math. 

14 minutes ago, Jcyrano said:

like the cold sprinkler you offer, but no thanks; I keep the bouncing part of the kit, funnier, and hope it bounce from terrain, so I can hit enemies behind cover using math. 

It bounces as long as it has valid tagerts , as long as the enemies are affected by any other frost or a cold proc the glaive should be able to hit them (it bounces unlimited amount of times as long as there are valid targets or the glaive is recalled ).

14 minutes ago, Jcyrano said:

I like the cold sprinkler you offer,

The cold sprinkler is the reason I've turned the glaive on a exalted weapon. The only mod that truly benefits the thrown version is Whirling ( flight speed mod ) the damage mods are meaningless because the strenght lies on the utility( shatter effect and energy return ). The cold sprinkler on the other hand is vastly ouclased by ice wave ( in my rework it has the effect ice wave inpedance ) if it can't equip damage mods (skills don't do meanfull damage if they don't have scaling mechanics or scale out of mods ). I could go for enemies dying inside the blizard add their health to damage output. But I have to thing about that. Also I don't like edditing long post on my cellphone.

Edited by keikogi

15 minutes ago, keikogi said:

The cold sprinkler is the reason I've turned the glaive on a exalted weapon. The only mod that truly benefits the thrown version is Whirling ( flight speed mod ) the damage mods are meaningless because the strenght lies on the utility( shatter effect and energy return ). The cold sprinkler on the other hand is vastly ouclased by ice wave ( in my rework it has the effect ice wave inpedance ) if it can't equip damage mods (skills don't do meanfull damage if they don't have scaling mechanics or scale out of mods ). I could go for enemies dying inside the blizard add their health to damage output. But I have to thing about that. Also I don't like edditing long post on my cellphone.

NO exalted Bulsh!T I'll keep repeating

Edited by Jcyrano

1 hour ago, Jcyrano said:

so, you actually want a worst version of what it is now... Nice nerf, I bet it will look fantastic, and serve no real purpose...
let's analize
Now: I press 4 - Enemies don't shoot at all = damage reduced by 100%
Your's: I press 4 - Enemies may miss? I may Dodge? = Damage May be reduced...by Maybe%

Now: I press 4 - Enemies freeze = visually: meh; effectiveness: 100% 
Your's: I press 4 - Enemies gets a cold, I wait, and wait... and wait..... for ... it..... LAME... = visually: laggy, noisy, blegh; effectiveness: blegh% 

Ah, my bad. I tend to forget about the average Warframe player's skill level.

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

35 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Ah, my bad. I tend to forget about the average Warframe player's skill level.

The one that picks effectiveness over shiny crap? usually any player base does that, only few accept Incompetent things... though if the game were different, is not a bad idea.

Edited by Jcyrano

46 minutes ago, Jcyrano said:

The one that picks effectiveness over shiny crap? usually any player base does that, only few accept Incompetent things... though if the game were different, is not a bad idea.

But do you think DE shares that philosophy? Look at all previous Warframe reworks. They traded some (if any) effectiveness for higher versatility, interaction and, more importantly fun :3

3 hours ago, Xydeth said:

what about it ? where did i try to negate these facts ?

You said Mass Vitrify was only good for low levels, so I figured you weren’t aware that it’s actually capable of scaling. Shatter Storm also scales up to like 2 billion Damage so I don’t know why you keep saying she’s only useful for low levels.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb (XB1)GearsMatrix301:

You said Mass Vitrify was only good for low levels, so I figured you weren’t aware that it’s actually capable of scaling. Shatter Storm also scales up to like 2 billion Damage so I don’t know why you keep saying she’s only useful for low levels.

read again.

vor 20 Stunden schrieb Xydeth:

gara doesnt exactly do what frost does. maybe if shes played on lower levels the result is the same but her role is more offensive overall. her mass vit is meant to be used to cover enemies and empower her damage, aside of the refresh/scaling synergy with her splinter storm.

nothing here rates gara's viability in any way. i dont state anywhere that i think shes useless late game and i specifically mentioned her scaling synergy already.

i dont know why u dont read my comments first before u reply.....