The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Worst Idea Of Them All ...

SethSamson

ok i tested all of the  Syandana's  and i must say it again ...

it was the WORST  platinum phishing  idea for this  game ... 

i might say it was probably made  only to justified  that u  have to buy it for Nekros to have whole solid warframe ( which should be a part of) 

Its cumber your gameplay .. flying around and piece like crazy ... taking out your focus .. 

don't mention it that   they look like scarf from Grandma Susie knitting

devs could make  dozen of other things ... like shin pads  , shoulders pads .. etc ...

ps. for Nekros it should be more rigid then like it is now .. cause now it feels like bunny ears 

I'm getting real tired of this whole Nekros syandana thing. Back when they first released the concept art of Nekros there was a huge S#&$storm on the forums from people who said his dangly bits were too much, overplayed his aesthetic, made him look more complex than existing frames, etc - basically a whole lot of crying. So what did DE do? Made them optional, for a fee. Apparently you can't satisfy everyone, because now folks are complaining that they aren't part of him.

As for the other syandanas, why is something that is 100% cosmetic a blatant cash grab? Geoff mentioned them way before we heard anything about Nekros. Sure, they're a bit distracting for the first 2-3 games ya run with one on, but they offer no tangible benefit so there's literally no reason to buy one if you don't want one. Not only that, but Geoff has stated that he's working on the crazy physics for them to make them a little less hinky.

If you're dissatisfied with your purchase, take it up with support and they'll refund you, no questions asked. That being said, I just don't understand the vitriol that some folks seem to spew when it comes to the scarves; does something 100% cosmetic and optional really hurt your experience that much, or is it just buyer's remorse?

Edited by Wriith

I'm getting real tired of this whole Nekros syandana thing. Back when they first released the concept art of Nekros there was a huge S#&$storm on the forums from people who said his dangly bits were too much, overplayed his aesthetic, made him look more complex than existing frames, etc - basically a whole lot of crying. So what did DE do? Made them optional, for a fee. Apparently you can't satisfy everyone, because now folks are complaining that they aren't part of him.

As for the other syandanas, why is something that is 100% cosmetic a blatant cash grab? Geoff mentioned them way before we heard anything about Nekros. Sure, they're a bit distracting for the first 2-3 games ya run with one on, but they offer no tangible benefit so there's literally no reason to buy one if you don't want one. Not only that, but Geoff has stated that he's working on the crazy physics for them to make them a little less hinky.

If you're dissatisfied with your purchase, take it up with support and they'll refund you, no questions asked. That being said, I just don't understand the vitriol that some folks seem to spew when it comes to the scarves; does something 100% cosmetic and optional really hurt your experience that much, or is it just buyer's remorse?

Agreed, imo I really think DE should just stop taking feedback for frames, DE gives into peer pressure a lot and thanks to this Trinity is invincible, Ember is a weakling, and Mag's pull is even more useless (damage delt).

DE should just stop listening to frame feed back all together. It's gonna ruin the game if they do.

I got Yomo a week ago and I don't find it distracting or disturbing. Plus (maybe it's because Yomo is the shortest and and tiniest) I'm not seeing any major clipping or physics issue with it. I'm fine with Syandanas because, as other users pointed out, they're completely optional and no one is forced to buy them if he doesn't like wearing one.

On the other hand it's true that they have to be reworked to completely meet the expectations of those who wanted them and still do now. Obviously I'm talking about their color options and more importantly about their placement on the frames. (Yomo on male frames and Uru on female ones) Scarves sprouting from Rhino's back or floating above Banshee's shoulders (and clipping with her head) aren't very cool imho

Its cumber your gameplay .. flying around and piece like crazy ... taking out your focus .. 

If you are so weak will'd that you can't focus your attention to the guys shooting at you with rockets and rifles, and not staring at your scarf, I got some bad news for you....

and what the hell kinda tech does your granda-ma got on hand that she can make armor-plated/energy scarfs?

That said, there is a LOT of worst S#&$ they could do to itemize this game though plat...

You want to see a game wrapped around a cash shop like a asthma attack, go play Neverwinter. Seriously...

devs could make  dozen of other things ... like shin pads  , shoulders pads .. etc ...

Wow seriously, this has to be one of the most juvenile forums I've seen ever.  I think DE's do a great job considering how bloody communicative they've been with us, and actually listening to feedback.  No other company I've seen has been doing in such a manner.  Granted, I disagree with some changes but that's not my point.  

Physics based clothing is not really a thing in 99% of games, of course it's going to be buggy.  I should also mention it's really cool and ALL THINGS CONSIDERED, not that broken.

Also your arguments are quite hilarious.  THEY FLY AROUND LIKE CRAZY.  Yeah no really sherlock, they're cloth.  I do agree that they need to have a little more weight thought.  "Taking out your focus",  -applause-.  When I'm shooting at a grineer's face, I'm looking at his face, not the scarf.  It also makes my Ember look amazing: http://imgur.com/a/sx7R1.  The point of the Syndana is to look pretty.  Games are designed to look pretty.  By your statement, every warframe is a distraction to the game because they all look bloody awesome.  Should we be playing with untextured models instead?  Or just hitboxes?  

Also shin pads and shoulder pauldrons? You're actually killing me.  Those would look utterly ridiculous on the "litheness" of the warframes.  The scarfs added a regal appearance to them and is definitely a shoutout to older anime/ninja games and whatnot.  

It also makes my Ember look amazing: http://imgur.com/a/sx7R1

the second pic, if you glimpse over it, it almost looks like you had wings..... i kno wits actually your sentinel pet, but like i said, i you glimpse over it, it looks like your ember had wings, hahahs.

ah for this thread.... seems like alot of people regretting the fact they bought the scarves and some people that are angry at the fact that they cant get it ingame without paying for it and are just using some other excuse to cover it (not saying who). but yeah, all i see is complaining of those 2 sides in this one thread.... if you can't afford/dont want to spend money on this game then wait for them to release an event where the reward is the scarves. scott even said he would, starting with the drum band video event that i think is over now. if you dont want it at all, then dont buy it or participate in it, and if you want a refund on your purchase, then just talk to support about it. pretty simple solution/thing but its being made complicated by others.

ok i tested all of the  Syandana's  and i must say it again ...

it was the WORST  platinum phishing  idea for this  game ... 

i might say it was probably made  only to justified  that u  have to buy it for Nekros to have whole solid warframe ( which should be a part of) 

ps. for Nekros it should be more rigid then like it is now .. cause now it feels like bunny ears 

Oh I'm gonna enjoy ripping through this piece of sh-

...Dammit. Beat me to it. :(

Edited by SoulEchelon

Agreed, imo I really think DE should just stop taking feedback for frames, DE gives into peer pressure a lot and thanks to this Trinity is invincible, Ember is a weakling, and Mag's pull is even more useless (damage delt).

DE should just stop listening to frame feed back all together. It's gonna ruin the game if they do.

>Mag pull useless

Dude. It's like ridiculously strong.

Also my Yomo looks sweet as hell on Nova.

It also makes my Ember look amazing: http://imgur.com/a/sx7R1.  The point of the Syndana is to look pretty.

Holy crap how did you get that awesome golden color.

Edited by Kyte