Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ability to recast Warcry as Valkyr

yoshiva99

Far too many times do I cast Warcry with Eternal War equipped, kill a bunch of enemies and get to 50 second duration, and then a bug occurs where my teammates will lose their Warcry while I still have mine. This forces me to either fall off the map, walk into a nullifier, or just wait out the 50 seconds before I can help my team again. Please allow us to recast Warcry to make it a lot easier for Valkyrs to keep supporting their teammates.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

[eternal war]

In his first sentence... 

"... I cast war cry with eternal war equipped..."

He's talking about the bug where the duration allies received seems capped even though yours stays active. So allies lose the buff. Though it could be the allies just falling off a cliff or something.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

[eternal war]

I find eternal war to be bad. It solves the issue that the skill has terrible duration, which should have never been the case for a skill with 75 energy cost, to begin with.

As long as you have decent duration, you will not needed it.

It requires a mod slot, which is better used for much better mods.

Primed continuity and narrow minded provide much better value. Anything with intensity or efficiency has better value. 

The skill has issues, so does the augment. The skill needs less energy cost and no cast time. The augment should do something else entirely.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, m0b1us1 said:

In his first sentence... 

"... I cast war cry with eternal war equipped..."

He's talking about the bug where the duration allies received seems capped even though yours stays active. So allies lose the buff. Though it could be the allies just falling off a cliff or something.

Yeah, it's a combination of both the bug and allies falling off a cliff. Even if they do fix the bug, if an ally manages to lose the buff in some fashion, I won't be able to recast Warcry until it wears off.

That's why I posted about recasting rather than solely fixing the bug.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Old thread but this should really be a thing. The inability to recast it is also extremely frustrating if you want to use it's enemy slow. the fact that you can't recast, with or without eternal war, makes that function of the ability really difficult to make use of.

ALL duration abilities should be recastable imo. as well as things like iron skin.

I'd rather waste energy recasting abilities unnecessarily than have my eyes trained on the lower right corner of the screen watching timers 50% of the time, or dying constantly because I wasn't paying attention to my ability timers.

But warcry in particular, since it has an on-cast enemy debuff, should really have been recastable from the very beginning.

On 2019-10-15 at 2:26 AM, JaycemeSwain said:

Or they could just rework Valkyr to be as good as wukong is currently. I mean you could just play countless other frames that does what valkyr does, but better

Isn’t wukong not very good currently?

vor 10 Stunden schrieb PollexMessier:

Old thread but this should really be a thing. The inability to recast it is also extremely frustrating if you want to use it's enemy slow. the fact that you can't recast, with or without eternal war, makes that function of the ability really difficult to make use of.

ALL duration abilities should be recastable imo. as well as things like iron skin.

I'd rather waste energy recasting abilities unnecessarily than have my eyes trained on the lower right corner of the screen watching timers 50% of the time, or dying constantly because I wasn't paying attention to my ability timers.

But warcry in particular, since it has an on-cast enemy debuff, should really have been recastable from the very beginning.

Yeah Valkyr could use a lot of love, Warcry is at least semi useful, Hysteria is nice vs. Acolytes and the rest is pointless. I replaced her 1 with gloom for a slow debuff and additional lifesteal on demand. 

On 2021-05-07 at 4:55 AM, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

Isn’t wukong not very good currently?

oh wukongs great actually... his rework was one of the best reworks ever!!! theyre saying they want valk to get the same treatment and i fully agree. she got done dirty when they gave her warcry out on helmynth..... and lets not forget her ripcord rly just needs moved over to the parazon already and replaced with a proper skill

1 hour ago, JaycemeSwain said:

Wukong is amazing actually. His rework turned him from a worse valkyr to an extremely fun and amazing frame. Valkyr is currently just a worse wukong

No. Valkyr is currently a good frame hidden behind some 5 fixes (mostly ripline having its pull strengths reversed so that it actually pulls you instead of killing momentum 1/3rd in and instead killing momentum of enemies it pulls when they are close to you with a small vacuum effect on her if DE refuses to do non-physics pulls) along with undoing nerfs to her 4 by instead making it a invul version of A2 berserk mode, you know, to encourage the berserker to actually berserk and kill enemies or suffer the hp cost instead of the ability being a dumb cowardice encouraging toggle cheese fest that isnt even efficient.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, JaycemeSwain said:

Keep pretending that valkyr isn't a S#&$ty wukong now. She needs a rework and all this guff you've said really doesn't give any good reasons why she doesn't need one. She doesn't feel like her name sake. When I initally heard of valkyr, I was expecting what we got in Hildryn not a shoddy attempt at catwoman frame(since Valkyrie is a shieldmaiden not a meanad). She is in need of a rework and they can also change the lore so that Garuda comes from Jupiter and Valkyr comes from fortuna since it'd make more sense

Except thats objectively wrong.
Ripline is held back as a map speedup by the fact that it kills your pull momentum much like how old wu cloud was slow as #*!%.
Warcry is solid other than maybe getting a small buff like baseline recast or its slow being turned into a aura
Paralysis can have some grouping/part of augment baked in while the aug itself gets tweaked but whatever, cone finisher opener for pennies is ok especially if you could get a good benefit/sych off the finisher. And Hysteria even in its current form is 80 times better than half of wudongs kit/the non afk and rush through mission faster bits, but sadly it encourages and supports the opposite of its name and her title.
And her non-primes lore and drop are hard locked to zanuka so no, makes negative sense to be from fortuna.

P.S. valkyrie doesnt mean nor is even related to the idea of shieldmaiden unless we limit it to post Kaiserreich writing. In norse myth they are selective psychopomps, air superiority cavalry (often covered in blood) and maids; by having the funny job to keep in check, bring drink and ready clothes for fallen heroes (and Odin) when not preparing for the twilight of the gods.

Unless you wanna call the male vikings shieldbachelors.

• Like 1

On 2021-05-22 at 8:18 AM, Andele3025 said:

Ripline is held back as a map speedup by the fact that it kills your pull momentum much like how old wu cloud was slow as #*!%.

Ripline was always useless, they slapped it as a bandaid onto the Itzal when the AW rework came and honestly should be scrapped in both cases

And her non-primes lore and drop are hard locked to zanuka so no, makes negative sense to be from fortuna.

Warframe's own lore has changed so goddam much that they can easily retcon Valkyr to go onto fortuna. Garuda's entire theme fits Valkyr's old lore anyways

valkyrie doesnt mean nor is even related to the idea of shieldmaiden unless we limit it to post Kaiserreich writing. In norse myth they are selective psychopomps, air superiority cavalry (often covered in blood) and maids; by having the funny job to keep in check, bring drink and ready clothes for fallen heroes (and Odin) when not preparing for the twilight of the gods.

You still proved my inital point that Hildryn fits the name Valkyr more than Valkyr does. Even if my knowledge is lacking you basically proved my point. Valkyr either needs a rename or rework

Warcry is solid other than maybe getting a small buff like baseline recast or its slow being turned into a aura

I mean her rework would revolve on either keeping her 2(if they keep the name) or her 4(if they keep the theme)

Valkyr rework could make use of an exalted spear & shield instead of claws if they kept the 2 and if they kept the 4, she could be renamed Meanad and be turned into Garuda 2.0

17 hours ago, JaycemeSwain said:

Ripline was always useless, they slapped it as a bandaid onto the Itzal when the AW rework came and honestly should be scrapped in both cases

Except it objectively isnt just as Zephyrs tailwind, difference is zephyrs momentum (forcing) issue was 98% fixed while valkittys momentum (kill) issue was untouched from a era that modern movement is foreign to.

Warframe's own lore has changed so goddam much that they can easily retcon Valkyr to go onto fortuna. Garuda's entire theme fits Valkyr's old lore anyways

Nothing about garudas theme nor lore fits Jupiter nor does the entire Zanuka project and thus all pack proxies work without Valkyr.

You still proved my inital point that Hildryn fits the name Valkyr more than Valkyr does. Even if my knowledge is lacking you basically proved my point. Valkyr either needs a rename or rework, Valkyr rework could make use of an exalted spear & shield instead of claws if they kept the 2 and if they kept the 4, she could be renamed Meanad and be turned into Garuda 2.0

No. Hilda only got the 2/29~35 name (and one is not even name, but nickname of brunhilda and the second one is a girl that ascended to the position and was honored to battle) connection to valkyries and nothing else and to be fair so does (no innate melee, no divine protection, no buff that makes others go victory hungry, not even a weird skald song that makes people bleed from their lower body holes and especially no murder crazy ragnarok maid and psychopomp). And while the spear (well sharp runestaff) is odins signature/favored weapon there is outright more valkyries fighting with blade (which in context could be sword or axe, tho likely axe), hands/pro wrestling if it were real and even just biting enemies than using a shield and spear as thats more of a opera decoration (same as wings on back and angel wings on helmet, taken from rome and christianity) since valkyries carried just aspects of combat with them, be it a weapon or shield, but also other stuff like loot/gold, fire, chains, armor, runes, wands, mortar & pestle, etc if described and not in disguise setting a scene or assisting the sagas hero. Even the ripped apart back is thematic as for where the blood eagle as a idea originates.

However just baseline as said she doesnt need a rework just fixes to be futureproofed for updates and multiple frames have little to do with their name, valkyr actually being among the exceptions as fusing berserkers into valkyries isnt hard as valkyries were already described almost as such (remove mortal bit and implication of using drugs to ignore wounds but raw blessing and runes of odin).

17 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

I'm so gonna start doing that 

Fair for rule of cool, point tho remains the same that the two arent synonymous, but association from imagery.

• Like 2

On 2021-05-26 at 6:45 PM, Andele3025 said:

Nothing about garudas theme nor lore fits Jupiter nor does the entire Zanuka project and thus all pack proxies work without Valkyr

Garuda is a vampire frame, they can easily rewrite her lore to fit the zanuka project. It can easily be retrofitted to use Garuda and not valkyr.  Valkyr does not fit her namesake and you're literally beating around the bush because you simp for the kitty cat that is dire need of a rework &/or rename and assume she can actually be fixed with her shoddy kit that doesn't fit the name at all.

When I say the lore has been retconned a ton, I'm pointing towards how Limbo Prime makes no sense within the lore that was set when Limbo was initally made or how Nidus Prime won't make any sense with the lore we originally had for him. Lets not forget Dark Sector which was originally the prologue for this game and has been retconned completely out. The Zanuka Project could be what turns garuda into a vampire frame and the deluxe could be seen as a what if they went further. Valkyr being turned into a Solaris member melded with warframe symbiosis could work as her new lore. Plus her name sake is literally from a mythos where there is cold winters with tempretures similar to fortuna. So yes, its extremely easy to retcon the lore while reworking valkyr so she fits better with the asthetic of her namesake

Garuda is a vampire frame, they can easily rewrite her lore to fit the zanuka project. It can easily be retrofitted to use Garuda and not valkyr.  Valkyr does not fit her namesake and you're literally beating around the bush because you simp for the kitty cat that is dire need of a rework &/or rename and assume she can actually be fixed with her shoddy kit that doesn't fit the name at all.

No it cant. Valkittys name and kit do fit (even if the kit needs bugfixes and modernization like to not kill your momentum, not encourage cowardice as far as optimization and maybe have warcry recastable).

When I say the lore has been retconned a ton, I'm pointing towards how Limbo Prime makes no sense within the lore that was set when Limbo was initally made or how Nidus Prime won't make any sense with the lore we originally had for him. Lets not forget Dark Sector which was originally the prologue for this game and has been retconned completely out. The Zanuka Project could be what turns garuda into a vampire frame and the deluxe could be seen as a what if they went further. Valkyr being turned into a Solaris member melded with warframe symbiosis could work as her new lore. Plus her name sake is literally from a mythos where there is cold winters with tempretures similar to fortuna. So yes, its extremely easy to retcon the lore while reworking valkyr so she fits better with the asthetic of her namesake

You do understand that primes are the first ones/OGs (and in case of nidus, can simply use effect reskins much like how his deluxe skin already adds metal spikes to his infestation). And how the hell would it make any sense for solaris people to be melded into golems? Unless you dont mean valkyr lore but some "post-copy-already" story like with the Leverian plots.

• Like 1