Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ability to recast Warcry as Valkyr

yoshiva99

30 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

Yes, I mean rework because I don't understand what the Valkyries are

I'll keep pissing around pretending that Valkyr fits her name sake more even when presented with the evidence that she doesn't. I'll even provide evidence which works against my lack of mythology knowledge

Wukong's reworked passive plays into mind. sure he doesn't have his 72 transformations but he still feels like his namesake. Nezha looks and feels like Nezha does in the mythos. You still have yet to provide an actual part of Valkyries mythos where they acted like Bacchus' Meanads/Mafdet did to those she enacted justice upon. Until then, you have no argument. I will just say tho, you are prettier than aphrodite

14 minutes ago, JaycemeSwain said:

I still dont understand what a rework is and refuse to make a simple google search for berserker, instead ill keep pissing myself and making S#&$ up based on marvel.

Thank you for admitting youre completely wrong and seem to have run out of arguments other than outright making feces and fantasies up that have nothing to do with berserkers not valkyr nor the fact that she doesnt need a rework, merely 1 pull strengths reversed and 4 nerfs undone to not encourage cowardice via optimization of gameloop (something reverse of her norse berserker and valkyrie theme).

Edited by Andele3025
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JaycemeSwain said:

Kan u vriend dalk help om navorsing oor rame te doen voordat hy dit gebruik om my punt onbedoeld te bevorder

Well, that's one way to communicate that you're losing an argument.

Nezha & Wukong feel like their namesakes, Valkyr doesn't.

On 2021-06-03 at 2:24 AM, JaycemeSwain said:

What part of lore can be rewritten don't you get.

45 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

Thank you for admitting youre completely wrong and seem to have run out of arguments other than outright making feces and fantasies up that have nothing to do with berserkers not valkyr

What I find most amusing is with what ardor they're laying forth an argument for something that DE will not even consider as a change. What's next? Give Ash fire powers? Rename him to Ninja? He's still referred to as such internally in the game files, after all!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

I will continue to push that Valkyr is based on something that has nothing to do with her namesake at all and will push the narrative that she needs to be useless outside of her 2 & 4 until I go blue in the face. I also see myself as smarter than Athena & prettier than Aphrodite

Glad to see you want the Gods to give you some knowledge since you don't want to want to continue to spout bs while pushing on a word that isn't a Valkyrie aka her namesake to seem like you're right

7 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

What I find most amusing is with what ardor they're laying forth an argument for something that DE would actually consider a change because they did so with wukong but I don't see it

I do love how you keep reusing my line when my point is that they can move valkyr to fortuna and change her kit to fit her name and her lore to fit her better

7 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Give Ash fire powers? Rename him to Ninja? He's still referred to as such internally in the game files, after all!

Ash is the remains of a fire ie the darkness after so the name fits. Ninjas work best in stealth and stuff like ash and mud do help with that. Ashes to Ashes, Stealth to Stealth, the unseen blade is best sorta thing

Next would be reworking loki to feel like his name sake and being more meta out side of his 4 since the raids haven't existed for 3 years now(they were removed in 2018 and his current kit was extremely useful in LOR). Then we move onto Banshee getting reworked to feel like a banshee and not used for only her 2(since DE made her useless 3 the subsumed ability after nerfing the 4 augment) then DE could balance equinox so there is more of a reason to be in night mode other than sleep and day mode for damage

2 hours ago, JaycemeSwain said:

Ash is the remains of a fire ie the darkness after so the name fits. Ninjas work best in stealth and stuff like ash and mud do help with that. Ashes to Ashes, Stealth to Stealth, the unseen blade is best sorta thing

Next would be reworking loki to feel like his name sake and being more meta out side of his 4 since the raids haven't existed for 3 years now(they were removed in 2018 and his current kit was extremely useful in LOR). Then we move onto Banshee getting reworked to feel like a banshee and not used for only her 2(since DE made her useless 3 the subsumed ability after nerfing the 4 augment) then DE could balance equinox so there is more of a reason to be in night mode other than sleep and day mode for damage

Oh, the hypocrisy is hilarious!

Valkyr's name is bad because it's only tangentially related to valkyries. Thus Ash's name is bad because it's only tangentially related to ash.

my point is that they can move ash to mercury and change his kit to fit his name and his lore to fit him better

I want the Gods to give me some knowledge since I don't want to want to continue to spout bs while pushing on a word that isn't ash aka his namesake to seem like I'm right

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JaycemeSwain said:

I continue to spout bs while ignoring the description of valkyr and berserker and both dont understand why she is on jupiter while having nothing to do with fortuna and want to pointlessly change her kit to something that has nothing to do with her name, theme and her lore

Ash is the remains of a fire

Glad to see you're admitting that you're pointlessly pissing about, so cease with your hydroid should be fire level crack fantasies as it wont change fact that Valkyr, the norse inspired berserker frame, just needs her existing kits implementation fixed (and un-nerfed) with no other changes like reapo brained name swaps or replacing her claws with something that has even less to do with her theme.

Edited by Andele3025
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

I don't understand that Valkyr is a Valkyrie and continue to believe she needs to be as useless as can be without a major rework or rename so will continuously pretend that Valkyrie means Beserker and act like I'm wiser than Athena.

Glad you can admit that you're wrong, maybe the Gods will pity you. Replacing her claws with something that fits her theme more is a good thing. No amount of constant yapping from your trap will amount to different results

2 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

I like to change the wording when the person I'm replying to has a point because I prefer it if Valkyr is useless af with a name that doesn't fit her theme so I'll defend my clear alt account

good to know you can admit it.

58 minutes ago, JaycemeSwain said:

I admit that i wrong. Replacing her claws with something less on her theme is repo brained. No amount of jaypissing will give different results

Good, now that you officially accepted your loss cease pissing about in salt over the fact that you didnt even bother googling before posting and let the thread go back to theme that warcry should be recastable as its a modernization much like how Nezha got (as kit and mechanics didnt change).

• Like 1

I don't know if it's just me, but I'm starting to get a bit tired from the constant influx of threads asking for X ability to be recastable. This isn't the fault of the players posting them, by the way, because being able to recast an ability is obviously a lot smoother than simply waiting for said ability to end. It also means we don't end up locking ourselves out of a recast by building for higher duration. It would likely just be generally better if any persistent ability could be recast on demand, especially for utility effects like Warcry or Roar where one really doesn't want to lock oneself out of helping one's teammates.

With this, I think the general fix could be to make all abilities recastable on-demand by default, with the following rules:

• Recasting an ability with a limit to how many instances of it are allowed to be active should end the oldest instance.
  • In some very specific cases where a full reset would be detrimental, such as Chroma's Vex Armor, recasting the ability should not reset the effects, merely refresh the duration (which is currently the case for that exact ability).

And with that, we should hopefully no longer be seeing this kind of thread anymore, and abilities in general would be a lot smoother to cast and recast.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

And with that, we should hopefully no longer be seeing this kind of thread anymore

Oh mate, this has long since stopped being a thread about Valkyr's abilities. Since two weeks ago, it's been about someone wanting to rename Valkyr and move her to Fortuna for reasons that themselves motivate why this is entirely unnecessary.

Stick around if you enjoy comments like 

21 hours ago, JaycemeSwain said:

I like to defend hypocrites as I'm a troll. Someone give me a binky as I want to be immature instead of realizing that the valkyr simp is a hypocrite partially cause I also simp for a frame that is currently useless and actually needs a rework to be useful

57 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

I don't know if it's just me, but I'm starting to get a bit tired from the constant influx of threads asking for X ability to be recastable. This isn't the fault of the players posting them, by the way, because being able to recast an ability is obviously a lot smoother than simply waiting for said ability to end. It also means we don't end up locking ourselves out of a recast by building for higher duration. It would likely just be generally better if any persistent ability could be recast on demand, especially for utility effects like Warcry or Roar where one really doesn't want to lock oneself out of helping one's teammates.

With this, I think the general fix could be to make all abilities recastable on-demand by default, with the following rules:

• Recasting an ability with a limit to how many instances of it are allowed to be active should end the oldest instance.
  • In some very specific cases where a full reset would be detrimental, such as Chroma's Vex Armor, recasting the ability should not reset the effects, merely refresh the duration (which is currently the case for that exact ability).

And with that, we should hopefully no longer be seeing this kind of thread anymore, and abilities in general would be a lot smoother to cast and recast.

Fully agreed.

I also find it weird that we CAN recast many abilities, but it requires convoluted tactics such as running into Nullifier bubbles or jump down cliffs. So why not just stop forcing us to use such nonsense strategies and let us actually control their useage?

I would also say this for the rules though:

• If a skill adds major survivability in a clear on/off manner (like invisibility abilities, stuff like Iron Skin, Turbulence etc) should not be a pure recast, but should turn the ability off to allow a recasting afterwards. Why? Because there has to be a window of vulnerability for powerful buffs like this, imo.
Edited by Azamagon
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

If a skill adds major survivability in a clear on/off manner (like invisibility abilities, stuff like Iron Skin, Turbulence etc) should not be a pure recast, but should turn the ability off to allow a recasting afterwards. Why? Because there has to be a window of vulnerability for powerful buffs like this, imo.

Considering that Kinetic Plating works like that and has managed to avoid nerfs, this is not unreasonable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

This became a thread where people don't understand that Valkyr is based off of valkyries and needs a rework with 1 only popping in to defend their trolling friend while the trolling one is pissing themselves with a belief that Valkyries were maenads

3 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

I admit I know nothing of Nezha and think that his update is what they should do to Valkyr because I'm reprobrained and can't google or provide sources on my opinion as I believe Valkyries were infact meanads so Valkyr fits her namesake

Glad to see you admit it

7 minutes ago, JaycemeSwain said:

I admit I know nothing of Nezha, Valkyr, norse mythology, celtic mythology and am pissing myself because I'm reprobrained and can't google or provide sources on my mental feces and pissing as I believe Valkyries had horned helmets and spears only like my marvel animated series.

Glad to see you admit it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

I know abolutely nothing on Valkyries, Celtic, Egyptian & Chinese mythos but I'm reprobrained to not google or provide sources and to ignore any sources that doesn't cover my silly idea that valkyr doesn't need a rework because I don't know that her name doesn't fit

4 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

I want to defend a troll because like them I don't know how google works due to being reprobrained to do so and continue to believe Valkyr needs to be useless and without a rework because I don't understand what a Valkyrie is

Glad to realize you both admit it. - the audiobook.

Maybe you can both learn to use google to realize valkyries using a spear fits because of Woden/Odin and isn't a brainchild of the the opera by Wagner within pop culture

5 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

Everyone accepted that I have no clue about the beef-witted mouth warts I keep spewing a time long ago. I just want to keep pushing that a Valkyrie themed frame having a beserker themed kit makes sense because I believe Valkyries are maenads

8 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

I keep pretending that a frames namesake doesn't need to fit it kit despite that being the case for every other frame

Yup, everyone that isn't you two accepted this a long time ago. But keep trying to push your opinion as fact while ignoring all the sources provided that it doesn't fit your odiferous "argument" that we all know I won and you can't take the L so you continue to just try to prove that Valkyr needs to stay useless and not her kit(that has been improved a ton) given to a new frame with a closer feel to a namesake that does tear enemies limb from limb like a Maenad, Mafdet or Bärenkrieger(a word that literally translates to Beserker/Bear warrior) while she gains a whole new kit that fits her namesake a ton better while making her meta

Golden Girls Deal With It GIF

I keep pretending that a frames namesake needs to fit it kit despite that not being the case for every other frame

Everyone accepted that I have no clue about the beef-witted mouth warts I keep spewing a time long ago.

You can entertain us for however long you feel like, mate - DE's not going to rename Valkyr or give her valkyrie powers, just like they're not going to rename Ash or give him ash powers.

Golden Girls Deal With It GIF

All I do is piss myself while unable to understand that the berserker frame might have a norse theme because berserkers are norse. I'll keep pissing on myself for as long as i can drop random unrelated other mythological figures and tropes on them for im reapoed corpus.

Yes, yes no need to repeat yourself.

How about instead returning to the point of warcry should be recastable (which it should along with other modernizations of the same functional yet merely old in implementation kit like nezha used to have).

Edited by Andele3025
  • Like 1