Jump to content
WarriorSoundwave

Support Didn't Want to Help Removing a Forma I Used Mistakenly When It Says They Will.

Recommended Posts

So I recently forma'd my Dethcube Prime by mistake so I decided I'd contact support to see if they'd undo it for me. Not that 1 forma is a lot but it was bothering me and I don't like to overforma. Well anyways, It says on DE's support page that they will undo a mistake like that up to 1 time per account if you forma'd by accident. But I got denied. They said that using a forma or catalyst/reactor is permanent and that was it.

Has anyone else gotten this problem or was I just put with an unwilling support staff?

Edit: Ok it turns out that I didn't realize that they would take off a forma and reduce polarity stars was only reverted if the game glitched and took a forma without applying a polarity or something like that. I should've double-checked the FaQ page before submitting the ticket. Now to see if they'd be willing to swap the polarity at least.

Edited by WarriorSoundwave
Problem solved!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JackHargreav said:

So?

What are you expecting?

Nothing. As stated, I'm just asking if anyone else has gotten this problem or if I was just put with an unwilling staff member.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be better if it is one mistake per year as there are times that things happen in game you were in autopilot and kept clicking. Hek, I have a few that Ordis caused telling me my item in the Foundry was done and when I went to claim it, got charged to rush it instead.

As for putting a Forma on a Prime....well, Primes have been around for such a long time that doing anything to them is not a mistake but a should have known. For Clem sake....the Primes came before the "lesser" models so you should know after all these centuries how to not make a mistake with them. The mass produced I can see a mistake as they are for the common peasants...but the top of the line Primes....no mistakes were made. Talk with your subconscious as it probably played the role in doing the Forma.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, WarriorSoundwave said:

So I recently forma'd my Dethcube Prime by mistake so I decided I'd contact support to see if they'd undo it for me. Not that 1 forma is a lot but it was bothering me and I don't like to overforma. Well anyways, It says on DE's support page that they will undo a mistake like that up to 1 time per account if you forma'd by accident. But I got denied. They said that using a forma or catalyst/reactor is permanent and that was it.

Has anyone else gotten this problem or was I just put with an unwilling support staff?

Support most likely won't revert it if it has been days and they absolutely won't revert if you kept using / ranked up Dethcube after adding forma.

Edited by Leyvonne
typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, (PS4)Dishinshoryuken said:

It would be better if it is one mistake per year as there are times that things happen in game you were in autopilot and kept clicking. Hek, I have a few that Ordis caused telling me my item in the Foundry was done and when I went to claim it, got charged to rush it instead.

As for putting a Forma on a Prime....well, Primes have been around for such a long time that doing anything to them is not a mistake but a should have known. For Clem sake....the Primes came before the "lesser" models so you should know after all these centuries how to not make a mistake with them. The mass produced I can see a mistake as they are for the common peasants...but the top of the line Primes....no mistakes were made. Talk with your subconscious as it probably played the role in doing the Forma.

Well I actually originally meant to just swap polarities around on my dethcube prime but I did it too fast and accidentally added a V instead. It's not a big deal but I am just bothered to see extra forma and if I can get my forma back (assuming support was going to help) then why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leyvonne said:

Support most likely won't revert it if it has been days and they absolutely won't revert if you kept using / ranked up Dethcube after adding forma.

Unfortunately it happened on the weekend and I did rank up my dethcube prime to rank 23 after the forma but after that I unequipped it until I got a response back. I doubt support didn't want to fix it because of that based on the response I got.

"Unfortunately, Forma, Orokin Reactors or Catalysts are permanent once used." Something along those lines. Unless of course that response was automated maybe.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WarriorSoundwave said:

Unfortunately it happened on the weekend and I did rank up my dethcube prime to rank 23 after the forma but after that I unequipped it until I got a response back. I doubt support didn't want to fix it because of that based on the response I got.

"Unfortunately, Forma, Orokin Reactors or Catalysts are permanent once used." Something along those lines. Unless of course that response was automated maybe.

I would guess the problem is you ranked up Dethcube before they got a chance to revert it, but once they saw you were using it they said nope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By accident you formaed your deathcube?! Really? Its not a simple misclick or anything to apply a forma...

You have to answer if you want to apply a normal forma or a umbra forma, then what slot, then to what school you want to forma it.... this isnt something you do by accident!

Live with it buttercup!

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just going to say that I have myself in the past accidentally formad something when I was trying to move polarities around (if memory serves). Thankfully I hadn't overwritten any other polarity but it was irritating and that extra polarity (again if memory served) messed with my builds a bit. 

Having said that this is another instance where I feel an iterative multi-polarity system would have mitigated a lot of instances where people accidentally apply forma to their build(s) because in theory you get a benefit from every forma you apply to your gear. Even if that benefit isn't necessarily raw power, at the very least there is no downside to over formaing your gear at that point as the current downside is reduced build potentials and an iterative multi-polarity system completely negates that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This just sounds like a player-executed mistake that the player already has a path to fixing.

It's a frivolous misuse of support's time to contact them over a mistake like this.

Edited by TheGrimCorsair
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

What are you expecting?

Probably for them to do what they said they would? I thought that was pretty obvious and easy to understand.

Edited by SordidDreams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using a forma at all on dethcube prime...that's the real question here 😑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

It's a frivolous misuse of support's time to contact them over a mistake like this.

Is that so? Have you not read the FaQ regarding this? It literally states that support will help with this exact situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WarriorSoundwave said:

Unfortunately it happened on the weekend and I did rank up my dethcube prime to rank 23 after the forma but after that I unequipped it until I got a response back. I doubt support didn't want to fix it because of that based on the response I got.

"Unfortunately, Forma, Orokin Reactors or Catalysts are permanent once used." Something along those lines. Unless of course that response was automated maybe.

DE states that if you rank something up they cannot fix your mistakes. If you buy the wrong frame, then put one level in it nothing can be done. You levelled you your item.

 

DE does state that it must be reported immediately. You levelled the item, which suggests it may not have been immediately. DE states on their support page that they can swap the polarity for you. They do not state that they will remove it. You seem to have misinterpreted it, based on what you seem to be asking.

Quote

I accidentally put the wrong polarity on a weapon or Warframe!

If you accidentally Forma'd a weapon or Warframe with a polarity you did not intend to apply, please file a support ticket immediately and refrain from polarizing the item in question again until we get back to you. While a Forma is non-removable once applied, we can modify one slots polarity as as a courtesy if reported immediately. Please make sure to include in the ticket all relevant details.

Please note that an accidental polarization fix is an one time service per account available only if immediately reported. 

 

Edited by krc473
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crasharr said:

By accident you formaed your deathcube?! Really? Its not a simple misclick or anything to apply a forma...

You have to answer if you want to apply a normal forma or a umbra forma, then what slot, then to what school you want to forma it.... this isnt something you do by accident!

Live with it buttercup!

Yes by accident. I thought I pressed the button to swap polarities but wasn't paying attention and realized right after I actually applied a forma. Not to mention there isn't an option to use an umbral forma so it never brought up any forma selection screen. Live with what? The fact I used a forma by mistake? I have 450+ of the things. It's not even about the forma but more about the fact that their FaQ says something completely different than what the staff member told me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, krc473 said:

DE states that if you rank something up they cannot fix your mistakes. If you buy the wrong frame, then put one level in it nothing can be done. You levelled you your item.

 

DE does state that it must be reported immediately. You levelled the item, which suggests it may not have been immediately. DE states on their support page that they can swap the polarity for you. They do not state that they will remove it. You seem to have misinterpreted it, based on what you seem to be asking.

 

Ah ok Thanks for pointing this out. My bad. I didn't realize that they'd remove it and reduce the polarity stars only if the game glitched and used two forma. I read what you quoted and I also read this:

I tried to polarize my weapon, didn't register properly, tried again, and now 2 Formas were taken away for 1 polarization, and it shows that I got 2 polarity stars from it. 

Please send us a support ticket immediately after the issue occurs and if we can confirm the error we will fix the item's polarity count and return a Forma to your inventory. 

But when I wrote the ticket I remembered the part I quoted being part of what you quoted part. I'll see if they'd be willing to swap the polarity at least. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging from what I've read here multiple times, Support won't help you with accidental polarity swaps / removal of forma. Even after using Umbra forma by mistake (which is waaay worse). You can open another ticket, quoting their own rules and ask them again, but I'd rather not do this. Other people have much more serious issues, and they have to wait for weeks for a reply, don't make the Support staff spend time with this (well I don't want to offend you, but let's say it) nonsense. You have plenty of forma, and sentinels literally levelling up themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Judging from what I've read here multiple times, Support won't help you with accidental polarity swaps / removal of forma. Even after using Umbra forma by mistake (which is waaay worse). You can open another ticket, quoting their own rules and ask them again, but I'd rather not do this. Other people have much more serious issues, and they have to wait for weeks for a reply, don't make the Support staff spend time with this (well I don't want to offend you, but let's say it) nonsense. You have plenty of forma, and sentinels literally levelling up themselves.

Yeah it turns out I misread the FaQ and recalled it wrong when I wrote the ticket. Thanks for being nice about it though unlike other people. Hopefully they'd be willing to quickly go in and swap the polarity though. But anyways, Have a happy thanksgiving.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...