Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe is a social game? What? Since when?

SilverDirge

Question

So, this might come as a shock to the community at large, but I have never personally seen the kind of "helpful community" that people claim Warframe to be. I spent all of my time on Warframe bouncing between random teams and going solo, and not once have I ever been approached for friendship from anyone I didn't know offline already. I've never been offered help, despite asking for it multiple times in region or team chat, and no one has ever gifted me anything out of the blue. Every time I asked for help, I was either met with silence or a quickly entered "git gud noob" or, rarely, a tirade in my whispers about how I should just stop playing and kill myself if I can't figure it out myself.

So for me, this claim that "Warframe is the friendliest and best community game out there" is untrue. I've never felt more isolated and alone on a server full of people playing the same game, or hell, even the same MISSION. The rare occasions anyone says anything in mission, I just ignore it now because I'm busy trying to carry the damn mission while everyone else is standing around talking and dying. I don't talk during missions unless something needs to be done or something neat drops. Talking is for when I'm not being shot at by Grineer.

So, I guess my issue/question is this: Where are all of these supposedly "friendly" community members in game? Where are these super-helpful Max Mastery Rank people that just go around helping people level up and progress? Where is the community I was told existed?

On the forums, apparently. Where I basically haven't been until today. Thanks, Warframe. Real helpful.

Edited by SilverDirge
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Nitresco said:

I had hoped that an allusion to some specific missed details would make you go back and reassess the conversation so far.

... That I answered the OP, as is the purpose of the sub-topic: to provide a possible answer to the question made by an OP.

Unfortunately, all that has happened was a large wall of text birthed from that very same misunderstanding. Allow me to point some of these things out.

The only difference between the initial reasons I gave and your cynical paraphrase is the suggestion that "waiting for Empyrean" was only a pretext for not logging in.

... Which it is. The only thing I did was to pick on what you said, and turn it into something a bit (lot) more accurate than what it really is... Besides, "waiting for Empyrean" were actually your words... Not mine. And there was no "only" from my part, I said "a pretext". You saw "only pretext" because you wanted to see it.

1. It is one thing to "translate" somebody's words under the pretext of being "honest and straightfoward" with somebody seeking an answer, but it is another to transcribe claims they never made under their name. So yes, it does involve me.

2. Generally misquoting somebody tends to involve them. In this case, it is not the word "pretext" itself, but the way you have warped my words via the (mis)usage of it. However, telling somebody on the internet to not misquote you is usually ineffective and tends to cause them to do it more. Instead, I simply chose to point out that "pretext" was misused since it was, in essence, the one thing I disagreed with.

3. I even bothered to agree with you after pointing out the simple mistake. Of course, somebody can't simply disagree with something and provide reason for it, nowadays. No, they can only be "le triggered xd".

1. See, this is what I think you didn't get. You think that I took advantage of your quote and posted whatever I wanted... No. What I did was to re-quote you and bring the real meaning that you reply gave, considering the reality that currently exists in Warframe. If you didn't want that to happen, the only thing you should've done was to tell it as it is, like I did after re-quoting you. Note, 1st quote was unchanged, 2nd one was adjusted. Neither of them were false to begin with.

2. In this case, it wasn't a misquote, as explained on "1.". This is a misunderstanding that you got from having the 2nd quote I made of you adjusted, in which you saw what you wanted to see, and assumed that "a pretext" means "the only pretext" when it isn't. I had the decency of not including every vet and/or maxed MR player, because its also true that not all of those aren't logging in, having the chat room standing as living proof. There are a myriad of reasons for not logging in, being the most important one of those, the lack of time to log in due to real life circumstances like "working for a living" (which is a good thing, btw). But no, you had to misunderstand what I did (and said) into something that you, and you alone, wanted to get from it.

3. I do appreciate that you agreed with my "pretext", but that was sarcasm on my part... I would like to think that you actually got the "sarcasm" part, but this is an imperfect world with broken people on it... However, a bit of hope on a belief doesn't hurt anyone.

All that happened after that is essentially just you repeating "you're triggered, I'm right".

... Considering the follow up quotes? Nah, if you had understood the sarcasm part from it back then, you wouldn't have done them, or we wouldn't be in this particular situation...

Now, taking this into consideration, after pointing out the sarcasm of it? Yeah, you were being triggered into quoting me again, and nothing of what I said afterwards mattered.

I'm not misunderstanding anything or bypassing details, I'm reacting to your reaction caused by your initial misunderstanding, in which caused you to assume that I misunderstood you by bypassing details, when I didn't.

44 minutes ago, Nitresco said:

With this clarification, all that has been said need be said. If "duh quote warz" bother you so much, I'll gladly end them here. This conversation has plagued this topic far too long, regardless. I'm honestly surprised OP didn't request a lock yet. Once more, have a blessed day.

With this clarification, maybe you'll run out of ammo and stop triggering yourself. Unfortunately for you, the "duh quote warz" (as you pointed out yourself in an equally duh fashion, to avoid my natural offensive bluntness) isn't bothersome at all. And, equally unfortunately for you, I'll be the one ending it here (unless you decide to quote me again, in which I am morally obligated to reply). This conversation has plagued this topic far too long, for the reasons pointed out by the entire post.

Read it carefully, for the sake of proper interpretation.

On 2019-10-15 at 12:06 AM, SilverDirge said:

Where are these super-helpful Max Mastery Rank people that just go around helping people level up and progress?

They've gone to other games due to have nothing left to do in WF. Like myself. Playing a lot of Destiny 2 atm.

But in general, imo, the community has turned to -youknowwhat- over the years. But if you want to dress up in pink, dance and do nothing but chat in relays etc, WF is the perfect game atm.

Edited by -AxHx-Vile

I imagine most of the older players who used to help out(like myself) are sick of seeing players begging for plat, begging for taxis, begging for carries, beggingfor mods etc you get the picture? We have nothing to do in the game so aside from logging in and maybe doing the sortie if it isn't survival, defense etc then logging back out and playing a game we enjoy while we wait for Warframe to actually have a meaningful update. Also Region chat is just a hellspawn and we avoid it like the plague. Get yourself an active clan to do missions with, don't whine that there's nobody to carry you.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

I imagine most of the older players who used to help out(like myself) are sick of seeing players begging for plat, begging for taxis, begging for carries, beggingfor mods etc you get the picture? We have nothing to do in the game so aside from logging in and maybe doing the sortie if it isn't survival, defense etc then logging back out and playing a game we enjoy while we wait for Warframe to actually have a meaningful update. Also Region chat is just a hellspawn and we avoid it like the plague. Get yourself an active clan to do missions with, don't whine that there's nobody to carry you.

^ word

On 2019-10-15 at 1:06 AM, SilverDirge said:

So, I guess my issue/question is this: Where are all of these supposedly "friendly" community members in game? Where are these super-helpful Max Mastery Rank people that just go around helping people level up and progress? Where is the community I was told existed?

Well I experienced all of the things you haven't, a number of random people helped me when I was struggling at the start of the game, some people gifted me/made a big discount on an vaulted item I was buying from them because then I didn't have much plat. When I started tridolons I was so careful to not  make any mistakes(witch is not a thing when you are starting) and the players didn't bash me into the ground when I made a few and were very cool about it.
Now that I am a little more experienced I help whenever and whoever I can.I gifted a couple of expensive mods already (one  schmuck even thought he swindled me because I gave him a rare stance mod for nothing), a couple of vaulted parts to random people.When I go to a lower level mission and there is an excal there just starting I try to boost him up, explain why to stay a little more on the defence/ excavation etc.I even help with spy missions even tho I hate those after my disgusting Ivara farm.

There are some idiots, trolls etc, but that's normal and from my experience they are very, very, VERY little. Maybe the problem is not in your TV...

Am 15.10.2019 um 00:57 schrieb Yamazuki:

Warframe community is the same as any other community. There's the minority of helpful people, there's the general in the middle that vary by day people, then there's the other minority consisting of negative people.

The "friendlier than other communities" thing is just an illusion that stems from how low the failure rate is compared to other PvE games, no real end game to strive for, and dead pvp. This results in people seeing little to no raging during missions, since they rarely fail, and mistake a lack of rage for friendliness.

Although, I personally find region chat to be a terrible place to try and get help, I disabled it since most of the time it's just people trolling. You could try recruit chat to get a group to help if you need though, and forums aren't as bad due to people who respond will typically be more interested in helping..

My friend, you have some serious issues if you call "friendliness" > " a lack of rage".

On 2019-10-14 at 11:06 PM, SilverDirge said:

So, this might come as a shock to the community at large, but I have never personally seen the kind of "helpful community" that people claim Warframe to be. I spent all of my time on Warframe bouncing between random teams and going solo, and not once have I ever been approached for friendship from anyone I didn't know offline already. I've never been offered help, despite asking for it multiple times in region or team chat, and no one has ever gifted me anything out of the blue. Every time I asked for help, I was either met with silence or a quickly entered "git gud noob" or, rarely, a tirade in my whispers about how I should just stop playing and kill myself if I can't figure it out myself.

So for me, this claim that "Warframe is the friendliest and best community game out there" is untrue. I've never felt more isolated and alone on a server full of people playing the same game, or hell, even the same MISSION. The rare occasions anyone says anything in mission, I just ignore it now because I'm busy trying to carry the damn mission while everyone else is standing around talking and dying. I don't talk during missions unless something needs to be done or something neat drops. Talking is for when I'm not being shot at by Grineer.

On the forums, apparently. Where I basically haven't been until today. Thanks, Warframe. Real helpful.

In my clan/alliance, that I joined from an unsolicited invite, I've mostly found people to be friendly and eager to answer questions;although it the last two months there has been a large increase of troll chains and occasional hate speak.

I haven't spent much time in region, but I've only had randos just start insulting me in public squads a few times. Still, the only friend invites I've had are from people I've helped with things.

I think the community is shifting to a less friendly and more stereotypical place, perhaps as people from more toxic communities enter it and people worshipping guides demand others to conform to them too.

Still, outside of region, my experience has still generally been positive.

Edited by TheArcSet

On 2019-10-14 at 4:06 PM, SilverDirge said:

Every time I asked for help, I was either met with silence or a quickly entered "git gud noob" or, rarely, a tirade in my whispers about how I should just stop playing and kill myself if I can't figure it out myself.

Heh heh. I knew one that decided she would "help" me by flying through every map, not really giving me time to digest everything that was going on. She had a bee fly up her bonnet, when I did not want to play as Loki (still don't). She hit the road a year ago, and I say adios. The whole "git gud noob" was the reason why I left two different clans and dig my heels in deeper to prove as a solo player I can do just as well if not better then squading up even with randoms. Now to be fair, and I cannot remember the players name, however a few months ago I was on this very forum airing my frustration with needed to clear Mot so as I could do the chains of harrow quest, and bless them to going out of their way to logging in and the taxi ride over while making sure my dumb behind did not die 😄

Well I am only MR. 12, and I have no plat to gift items to new players, however I made my way through the star chart, and though I do not consider myself a strong player, I like to believe I know enough to act as an offensive player or bullet sponge for new or lower MR players, though I am not sure how to get it done. I usually hang around earth, mars, jupiter, etc thinking the game will auto pull me into a match, though I am now thinking auto squad is not a thing on PC.

• Like 1

Region chat is pretty obnoxious, it's mostly trolling, people dealing with puberty and floundering badly. (which incidentally is par for the course.) Several people above have made good points about where to find good people. I'd take it a step further. Watch other player's actions in game: 

Will they race across the map to revive you?

Are they there every time?

Will they revive only when they're nearby?

When you need reviving, do they teabag you instead and let you bleed out? (Yes, this has actually happened.)

Do they (when opting to leave) reconsider and join in for another 5 waves when the other three are solid in wanting to to continue? When there's only two of you left?

Do they offer advice in a match rather than criticism?

Do they use their abilities wisely, or just sit there like a typical Saryn and press 4 all day long?

If you find that their actions are inline with good ideals, (Criteria: conducive to a "team" effort.) throw out a friend request. The worst they'll do is deny it. Actions will always speak louder than words.

• Like 1

I would imagine this situation varies from platform to platform but on the two of the four I play on I find myself "lingering" in region until one of three things happens; Something irritating and inappropriate sparks a "conversation" leading to more irritating and inappropriate banter (tab switches,) I start something else (i.e. mission, simulacrum, et cetera,) or I see a cry for help.  Then I will engage in PM and if necessary will come to the aid of a player (often times it can be a matter of pointing in the right direction.)  

Can region chat get toxic?  Absolutely, but I know there are other players out there that don't mind helping someone when the request is reasonable and will within their scope of frames and/or arsenal.  Good, bad, indifferent.  As soon as you play public (i.e. void missions) you subscribe to the community nature of the game.  If one makes no consorted effort to be a part of it one falls in to it anyway.  Of all the content one can solo it had to be played as a team prior to doing so.  I think the "serious" players are the ones that are the most helpful and sometimes it is fun to revisit content you otherwise would have forgotten about.

PS please don't ask me to help on that Jordas Golem fight 😉

If everyone else saying stuff wasn't enough, I've personally been trying to FIND new players. I just hit MR23, I bought the recent Prime Access with money from a translation job I do for fun and...
I can't find people to GIVE my plat away to. Not people in the middle of the game, people working the market, other vets like me - I hang around the low planets and take my missions slower now, and each time I load in with someone MR1-6, I TRY to be friendly, helpful, take an interest in them, answer questions, etc. I WANT an excuse to play the game more and expand my friend list, or just my circle in general.

I haven't truly added to my circle since 2011, I think. It's upsetting. The social feeling I used to get from games has faded as I've gotten older, and I hate it. I keep myself mentally stable by helping others - especially through social and mental issues. Thing is, I did it! My circle of friends has only one person left who needs my help! And most of his situation is out of anyone's hands, it's just on his attitude toward it now - but it involves his dead dirtbag father, so, ya know, not much I can say for him.

We exist. I'm sorry I never found you out there, but I hope you get the help you needed.

1st of all hello @SilverDirgewelcome to warframe. i am not usually on forum, just happen i login to report a bug today and reading forum for a bit.

what i would say is dun expect free stuff free plat or free help from people. if u go around yelling "help me i need this, carry me i need help, i need a few platinum" veteran player like me would prob run far far away from u. as most of us helped new player before and they just keep getting more demanding.

enjoy the game a bit, find and play with squad in recruitment channel, say hi, hello, gg here and there. u prob attract a few good clan which is looking for new recruit to spicy up the clan. then u can join them and they prob help u here and there. just chill and enjoy the game u will meet good people if u urself are a good people.

and if u really do need a pair of helping hands always feel free to whisper me in-game.

• Like 1

I have had such the opposite experience.  I was clanless and clueless when I started and the forum and the region chat answered my questions.  I had many.

Suddenly I had 4 people light up my chat and asnwer questions and really helpled me out.  Hek.  One person even sent me 8 weapon slots as a gift.  I was blown away.  

I have done the same for others now.  Gifting somone weapon slots as well.  Paid the kindness forward if you will.  I helped new players with missions. 

Sometimes the forum can be salty.  But if it were not for this community I would have quit and played a game with a tutorial.  

• Like 1

Well it sounds like no one wants to help you cause you yourself are the cancer cell. 

6 hours ago, JimmyShadow said:

what i would say is dun expect free stuff free plat or free help from people. if u go around yelling "help me i need this, carry me i need help, i need a few platinum" veteran player like me would prob run far far away from u. as most of us helped new player before and they just keep getting more demanding.

Omfg how true this is (usually). I used to try and spend 30mins to 1 hour a day trying to help new players. But what I found was either I'd help them once and their never online again, or 2 I help them a couple times, and all of a sudden my day consists of going thought Uranus with someone or sitting in hydron pressing 4 as saryn. It just got tiring.

Now I still help people when I see an opportunity but I'm done trying to search for newer players! 

On 2019-10-16 at 6:05 AM, Zilchy said:

^ This. I don't mind lending a hand here and there, but more often than not these days the term 'give someone an inch and they'll take the whole damn mile' comes to mind. Because of this I mostly stick to helping friends/clan mates now.

14 hours ago, Numerikuu said:

^ This. I don't mind lending a hand here and there, but more often than not these days the term 'give someone an inch and they'll take the whole damn mile' comes to mind. Because of this I mostly stick to helping friends/clan mates now.

I agree as well.

As a new player myself. I have been helping others with my Nekros for credits.  I dont mind It.  Or I give advice on things.  Explained the elemental combos the other day.

Also.  I like new players because I can play my favorite frames and they dont know if they suck.  So they stay around and hang out with me lol.