Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host left match and resulted in failed mission instead of migration

RockPunchgroin

Doing Orb Vallis for thermia fractures. I'm at 89/100 when joining a squad, and we do one fracture that's 3 cans.  Then another fracture that's 1 can.  We just finished a 2 can fracture when the host says he's going to leave, we tell him to have a good one, and as I'm on my way to exit as well since I wanted to take a break? I figured I'd see a host migration.

Instead it said that there was a failure to connect and I get booted back to the orbiter. No progress made, and 30+ minutes of time utterly lost and wasted. Thermia fractures sealed still at 89/100.

Note, I was at no deaths/revivals used, my connection was fine otherwise, and when rejoining the squad the rest of us showed up just fine. 

Putting this here as it sounds more like a matchmaking issue rather than a mission one. But if this is more appropriate for mission, my bad.

I was doing Orb Vallis max lvl mission to get axi v9, i was in a good group we did the mission 2 time by using the png to start again without leaving the vallis. At the third time voting to do the mission again the host decide to leave. Aaaaaaaaand failed connection, session is no longer available BECAUSE THE GAME TAKE TO MUCH FREAKING TIME TO LOAD so my place was taken and now i can't leave the Failed to join session screen. I don't have cursor, space bar, escape and enter don't work. My only possibility is to close the game wich would probably make me loose the loot. 
So i guess i'll leave the game open until the END OF THE FREAKING WORLD because i don't want to lose the 5 Axi V9 that dropped!!!

I feel that since the Atlas update going to Vallis or Cetus has gotten worse, loading is getting longer and longer (and it was already long if you don't have a NASA computer) and it keep lagging. Obviously if i host it's even worse...

Edited by Krikri4000

18 hours ago, Krikri4000 said:

I was doing Orb Vallis max lvl mission to get axi v9 ... failed connection, session is no longer available ... i don't want to lose the 5 Axi V9 that dropped

Each and every completed bounty steps do save bounty reward and most drops as owned while in Orb Vallis or Plains of Eidolon. Anything saved as owned will be kept. Check using linked items like [Axi V9 Relic] to see how many intact relics are saved as owned.

The problem is, Thermia Fractures or anything with no bounty step completion may not save any progress or rewards in a middle of mission, so any loss of connection, or host migration failures, will lose everything in session.

Il y a 2 heures, sam686 a dit :

Each and every completed bounty steps do save bounty reward and most drops as owned while in Orb Vallis or Plains of Eidolon. 

Ho you're right i did get the rewards, including the relics. I rage quit so hard yesterday and was too afraid to log today to check, but it's there. So that's a good news, but still the failed migration is a big problem. Sometimes it even fail for me when picking a mission, because again it take so much time to load into mission that sometimes someone else load faster and take my place, and i have to go back to mission selection screen and load again into the mission. Such a waste of time.

Thermia Fractures could be a cool event if it was like the Ghouls invasion on Cetus, with a mission corresponding so that you don't take a bloddy minute to load in a party to realise nobody want to do the fractures. By the way i don't get why you would go free roaming on cetus or orb vallis with your session open to anybody, but maybe that's just me who is grumpy person and don't want unecessary interactions...