Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Start Again Warframe, where is everyone?

Jakl635

Rant: When was the last time the starter Warframes were changed, not even in the hinted trailer were they changed. 

Lets Fix it together. Frames can indeed be categorized into one of 3 categories (heal/support) (dps/caster) (tank/damageavoidance). I am in no means an mmo expert I.E. :GW2, WF, wow((private)10levels), RS: 84, Grim Dawn(story), fo76(19), DivOS2: island demo, and finally every mainline Pokemon game +remakes/ Mystery dungeon red/blue completed. 

I think its time WF moves towards something more similar to the puzzle questions from mystery dungeon that hitherto allow you to pick one of the almost more than US presidents List of attainable warframes. Now how do I propose this go about being allowed? A linear quest with side mission options that are required to progress but do not change the outcome. AS in a historical event that you play through that your side events have no hold over due to the larger stage at play than you. Each side mission option taken gives you one of the warframe powers to use on a (protoframe wip) that cna only reslot those upon getting thru 4 more choices as in 1 red/yellow/blue choice dependent on the color chosen gives you a heal/tank/dps ability respectively. Let me give an example: [ person that had collapsed under a light[in weight] pillar ya do you( extremes ) 1. cut open her head and drink the blood for sustenance 2. save her(any fashion) or 3. make sure she never saw you be around to not help/hurt. Eventually, upwards of 40 of these choices give you your starter frame you awake in, all whilst using 1 of the abilities from (1.healer/2.dps/3.tank) frames that you can willfully slot in during your linear story. A reward will be a first ability in this example of the 1/2/3 variation based on what you picked on what day of the week it was. AKA: 7days/7Events you only have to get thru one to start. 4 choices/ 1st/2nd/3rd/4th ability is picked from a frame based on the day of the week aka monday choice 1/1 gives you trinity 1st, whereas tuesday choice 1/1 gives you atlas 1st. these are put into your starter frame and can help you for the duration of the event of the day. Afterwords you would awaken in the starter frame that most coalesces with all of your choices based on all of what you picked. And then you are awoken by Vor as you once were when you started playing only now it can be in any Frame at ALL. As another addition, make the proto-frame usable as "damaged" where your wacky combination is at 30% strength base of the more focused frames have as in ( frost 1 at 30 does 250(iforget) and in the proto frame at 30 its only a third of the damage/cc/ or other that it'd normally be.

TL;DR Thanks for coming to my WF Ted talk, please throw in any additions you have, but I will not defend what I have constructed. Only help explain further my idealizations. 

What was that?

Head splitting open?

Leave before she sees you?

Is this some get a lady who is drunk behind a dumpster bit still get caught type of braining....cuz this hurt my brain trying to figure out what this was dealing with WARFRAME™?

All 3 frames have been redone and reworked. Hek, Excal just got hit by the Nerf hammer  a while ago so his Exalted Waves don't do as much as they did before.

But I think imma leave this thread and go kiss my lady love to be grateful for her ...cuz you need someone besides RNGesus in your life.

Too long, didn't read:

Don't just limit players to the 3 starter frames. Throw personality testing questions at them and start them with a frame (out of all available frames) based on their answers.

Edited by schilds

1 hour ago, Jakl635 said:

Rant: When was the last time the starter Warframes were changed, not even in the hinted trailer were they changed. 

Lets Fix it together. Frames can indeed be categorized into one of 3 categories (heal/support) (dps/caster) (tank/damageavoidance). I am in no means an mmo expert I.E. :GW2, WF, wow((private)10levels), RS: 84, Grim Dawn(story), fo76(19), DivOS2: island demo, and finally every mainline Pokemon game +remakes/ Mystery dungeon red/blue completed. 

I think its time WF moves towards something more similar to the puzzle questions from mystery dungeon that hitherto allow you to pick one of the almost more than US presidents List of attainable warframes. Now how do I propose this go about being allowed? A linear quest with side mission options that are required to progress but do not change the outcome. AS in a historical event that you play through that your side events have no hold over due to the larger stage at play than you. Each side mission option taken gives you one of the warframe powers to use on a (protoframe wip) that cna only reslot those upon getting thru 4 more choices as in 1 red/yellow/blue choice dependent on the color chosen gives you a heal/tank/dps ability respectively. Let me give an example: [ person that had collapsed under a light[in weight] pillar ya do you( extremes ) 1. cut open her head and drink the blood for sustenance 2. save her(any fashion) or 3. make sure she never saw you be around to not help/hurt. Eventually, upwards of 40 of these choices give you your starter frame you awake in, all whilst using 1 of the abilities from (1.healer/2.dps/3.tank) frames that you can willfully slot in during your linear story. A reward will be a first ability in this example of the 1/2/3 variation based on what you picked on what day of the week it was. AKA: 7days/7Events you only have to get thru one to start. 4 choices/ 1st/2nd/3rd/4th ability is picked from a frame based on the day of the week aka monday choice 1/1 gives you trinity 1st, whereas tuesday choice 1/1 gives you atlas 1st. these are put into your starter frame and can help you for the duration of the event of the day. Afterwords you would awaken in the starter frame that most coalesces with all of your choices based on all of what you picked. And then you are awoken by Vor as you once were when you started playing only now it can be in any Frame at ALL. As another addition, make the proto-frame usable as "damaged" where your wacky combination is at 30% strength base of the more focused frames have as in ( frost 1 at 30 does 250(iforget) and in the proto frame at 30 its only a third of the damage/cc/ or other that it'd normally be.

TL;DR Thanks for coming to my WF Ted talk, please throw in any additions you have, but I will not defend what I have constructed. Only help explain further my idealizations. 

I really don't know what I just read.  I think it's some kind of fan fic where someone..."cut open her head and drink the blood for sustenance

nothing wrong with how we have it now your suggestion along with being a ton of work would be so overly complicated and might not even be what people want to play. people might like stealth but when they get loki they wanted Ash instead for some killing power or something like that. this would just be the same problem if you even want to call having a starter warframe a problem.

We used to have Mag, Excalibur and Loki as starter frames.  DE changed Loki to Volt because they found people trying to be utility to start was too difficult and too squishy for the adrenaline junkies.  

Next, we can farm for Rhino one planet away on Venus, which for the tank brains can carry them far even if they don't know how to play a DPS, a DPS/Utility or Sonic the Hedgehog (before we go farming for Sonic the Hedgehog on Acid from Disruption missions.  And that's Gauss for some of you players).  

From there we can get Excalibur on Mars if we didn't get him as a starter, then Mag on Phobos if we didn't get her.  Then Frost on Ceres and so on as we go out to the planets.  

If you don't like the F2P aspect of farming, you could always do what we old timers did:  buy platinum to get the frame we wanted faster.  Buying plat and then buying the frame circumvents any MR restrictions that F2Pers need to honor as platinum is the universal currency of this game for getting everything faster.  

There.  problem solved.  And no amount of -- for lack of a better word -- drunken rampages will be required in the general discussion threads of this fine forum. 

Seriously, I stopped after:

2 hours ago, Jakl635 said:

the rest of it looks like you're having some form of alcohol poisoning, a stroke or something even worse that none of us would be able to assist.  I try to help, but if I can't figure it out, dialing 911 (or 999) won't fix that problem no matter how hard I try.

Edited by MBaldelli

If no one understood what OP said, I'll (hopefully correctly) translate,

He wants a Questionnaire at the start of the game, Similar to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Series, leading to a selected warframe base on your choices, Categorized as Tank/Healer/DPS. 

starters are the 3 frames your able to get early into the game
volt - get in dojo 
mag - get from phobos 
excal -get from mars

if they were to change it would probbly remove volt an put rhino in as he on venus

the starter frames are frames your able to get quite early an provide no real advantage over any other.
cause your able to farm for every frame

TL;DR

To Long Didn't Read  meaning a short recap of what you were saying
you wanted p.s. instead

Edited by (XB1)ShadowBlood89