Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Simulacrum Map looks cool, isn't functional

Endurlay

Just now, Nichivo said:

Another person suffering? Do you have any idea what going through something like this does to a parent? How every day you wish you could take their place. I don't want your sympathy, I want my son to live. 

And that's relevant to this topic how? You threw that out of nowhere, and it makes you look like you're reaching for sympathy. It's not our reasonability to know what you or anyone you know are going through. That's not something you just casually drop in a thread unless you think that would shut people up. It paints you in a bad light, I'd say even more so than you have done.

That seems like an overreaction to what was originally a harmless joke about where to post feedback threads.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sajochi said:

And that's relevant to this topic how? You threw that out of nowhere, and it makes you look like you're reaching for sympathy. It's not our reasonability to know what you or anyone you know are going through. That's not something you just casually drop in a thread unless you think that would shut people up. It paints you in a bad light, I'd say even more so than you have done.

That seems like an overreaction to what was originally a harmless joke about where to post feedback threads.

Exactly you never know what someone else is going through. Which is why people around here going out of their way to not be nice doesn't make sense. I don't expect you or anyone else to ever understand, how little effort it actually takes to just be nice to others. 

1 minute ago, Nichivo said:

Exactly you never know what someone else is going through. Which is why people around here going out of their way to not be nice doesn't make sense. I don't expect you or anyone else to ever understand, how little effort it actually takes to just be nice to others. 

I don't know what others a are going through but I'm not going to jump through hoops to find out. This all started because you couldn't take a joke or recognize a joke. You either get it or you don't. The way you react is on you. And the way others act is on them.

Again, I have no sympathy for someone using a serious issue to try and win or shutdown an argument over something so mundane on the internet. 

26 minutes ago, Nichivo said:

Actually everything is serious right now, because my eldest son is battling Burkitt's Lymphoma.

There is a real big question that comes to mind:
If your son is having such severe health issues, that it changes YOUR behavior, why are you wasting your time having such a meaningless discussion in an online forum?
And why would you bring that up in an online forum from an online game? I'm disabled and don't feel the need to bring that up in every thread I'm in. Because let's be real here, why would random people on the internet care about that?

6 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

There is a real big question that comes to mind:
If your son is having such severe health issues, that it changes YOUR behavior, why are you wasting your time having such a meaningless discussion in an online forum?
And why would you bring that up in an online forum from an online game? I'm disabled and don't feel the need to bring that up in every thread I'm in. Because let's be real here, why would random people on the internet care about that?

Apparently I have let severe stress, and grief cloud my judgment, how dare I react in a manor that any other in the same circumstance might.  Sorry.

Just now, Nichivo said:

Apparently I have let severe stress, and grief cloud my judgment, how dare I react in a manor that any other in the same circumstance might.  Sorry.

Oh no, what ever will happen if someone were to point out that acting like this on a game forum is outrageous. Oh wait, because that's exactly what it turned into. Congratulations, you derailed a thread to try and make it all about you.

25 minutes ago, (XB1)razberryX said:

Another thing that I think would be cool, is to be able to test archwing in the simulacrum too.

That would be great. At least we can test Archguns there currently, but tinkering with the melee and Archwing themselves would be fun.

This thread turned real quick into a "no u" "debate".

But yeah back to the main topic. This kind of thing belong to #Feedback for what it matters. There are already tons of feedback about it, mostly everyone agrees the current simulacrum sucks and DE doesnt care.

• Like 1

The Simulacrum map seems to be designed expressly to frustrate the player. The small size and many holes, where many weapons will just knock targets into the nearby abyss, the Arsenal/ammo/energy platform being raised so high and with an overhang so that you cannot walljump up to it (need to climb a pillar first, or use the main menu to get back to the arsenal even if you just want to refill ammo or energy), the complete absense of an ability to change the Operator loadout, and the awkward spawning UI... sometimes it seems as if the map was made passive aggressively by someone opposed to the very concept of the Simulacrum.