Gromzok

What is the point of secondary weapons?

whats the point of primary weapons? kitguns are better than almost every primary in the game

Lol, as others have said I too rather wonder what the point of Primary weapons is. Kitguns are pretty much the best weapons in the game, and melee is superior to anything within range.

95% of the time I only carry some random Primary rifle for the speed-boost with Amalgam Serration.

Either for killing anything and everything, including things behind said thing; with my Catchmoon, or spreading status for Condition Overload. 

If you haven't experienced how great the Akstilletto P, Synoid Gammacor, Vaykor Marelok, Pox, Zakti, Akjagara P, Sicaris P, Knell, Pandero, Atomos......well, you get the idea.

The class is loaded with great weapons, just experiment around a bit.

8 hours ago, Gromzok said:

their purpose

For me, variety. I tend to bringone of each of a high-damage single-shot weapon (usually Crit-based) and a high-rate-of-fire weapon (usually Status-based) in a Loadout. I favor the former for high-profile targets while the latter is for crowds and Nullies, although this may switch depending on the situation.

Edited by SenorClipClop

Most of my secondary weapons hit harder than my primary weapons now. I tend to use a Horde killing primary weapon like a Phantasma, and also strip armor. Then use my Secondary to kill the more tanky enemies, like my Catchmoon, Quatz, Pyrana Prime, and other kinds. 

Gara here. If I run into the nullifier bubble I am dead as I am losing all of my damage stack.

Primary weapon is great killing all kind of enemies except reducing the bubble ( I am using plasma shotgun) so I bring a secondary which is great reducing the bubble so I can deal with the nullifiers. Also datamass and key and energy cell for excavator missions- you still can shoot while you carry stuff. For me secondary is there mainly to deal with nullifier bubbles while main gun will reduce everything to ashes.

Edited by Heccabah

Add equippable shields to the game.

Shields buff defense; generally, and/or from specific damage types.

You can only actively use a shield with melee or secondaries.

Buffs glass cannon frames for high level play, stimulates secondary relevance.

More equipment, more grinding.

???????

Profit.

Well you can equip an aoe secondary to an accurate primary and stuff like that.

Use the primary to kill targets that require more accuracy and use the secondary for trash mobs. Or the opposite.

Other than that there is no point in having these two weapon types. Maybe if you have to fire faster than you reload the weapon.

I use the fulmin for targets like nox and distant targets. For everything else I just use my Tombfinger for example.

11 hours ago, Gromzok said:

What is the point of secondary weapons?

What's the point of primary weapons?

At this point, if I'm going tryhard, I literally don't equip a primary, cause it would only delay me from taking out my kitgun, lol.

• Upvote 1

Maybe because a large number of Secondary weapons can easily surpass primary weapons in critical dps and some with over 100000 dps without accounting for elemental bonuses. Such as Quatz, Rattleguts, Twin Grakatas, Pyrana Prime etc

Edited by (XB1)Skiller115

Weapons are just for fun, my 15 meter plague kripath makes any other weapon that i equip obsolete, and yet i still use my primary and secondary weapons for fun

My primary is corrosive and secondary is Gas. Melee is corrosive+blast+Viral and IPS with Condition Overload. So I don't have to change loadout between factions and missions.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

Maybe because a large number of Secondary weapons can easily surpass primary weapons in critical dps and some with over 100000 dps without accounting for elemental bonuses. Such as Quatz, Rattleguts, Twin Grakatas, Pyrana Prime etc

try to kill a 165 demolyst machinist with  a catchmoon, twin grakatas, rattle guts or a pyrana prime than try a  a cernos prime or  a fulmin and even with  the acceltra and you will understand what the real power is (excluding melee). The truth is that with the current (broken)damage system, on normal missions you can use everything with a potato, few forma and a correct build and the only utility of secondaries is when you have sorties only with secondaries.

Edited by bibmobello
  • Haha 1

Well, if it's a Catchmoon kitgun it's purpose is to be the best gun in the game.

Typical of video game developers, a pistol becomes better than any long arm in the game. But what can you do, it's "space magic". Or sometimes it's just the last gun standing after the nerf bat hits all the assault rifles and sniper rifles. I intentionally leave out "semi auto battle rifles" since no game since ME3 got that one right, at least that I've played.

Edited by 3rdpig

There really is no point to equiping primary or secondary or even melee for that matter. In fact 95% of this game can be completed with just one Slot equipped. Some frames don't even need a weapon equipped, they are the weapon. That's said,  we should be able to equip ANY 3 weapons in those slots of our choosing. 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove

The point of a secondary weapon is to have something to shoot, while primiry weapon is being reloaded while holstered, so the stream of bullets (or what have you) never stop.

5 minutes ago, WindigoTG said:

The point of a secondary weapon is to have something to shoot, while primiry weapon is being reloaded while holstered, so the stream of bullets (or what have you) never stop.

Yes that should be right if melee didn't exist.

1 minute ago, bibmobello said:

Yes that should be right if melee didn't exist.

Melee doesn't shoot ('sept for couple of gunblades), so it breaks the stream of bullets.

For example.

you go to plains with a shotgun, but then you're surrounded by flying Dargyn, your shotgun lacks the range and speed to actually get a good hit into them, then you take out your secondary that have all the range and fire rate that you shotgun lack and take them down.

Other example:

You have a sniper, a horde of enemies start to overcome you by sheer numbers, then you bring your full auto with and insanely low reload speed secondary to take care of it.

In addition you can use one handed weapons while having out a one handed melee and dual-wield I usually use LexPrime with Pathocyst, pretty OP combination if you ask me.