Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destiny 2 and Warframe: COMPETITION IS GOOD!

InsuranceFraud

14 minutes ago, (PS4)JaysInc_ said:

But how is OP supposed to get his free Internet points when there's another Destiny thread?

You're right, brb, making a thread about how I'm playing it right now.

Do I get bonus internet points if I express dislike of certain things in the game, or does it have to be a complete "I quit" post?

Just now, DeMonkey said:

You're right, brb, making a thread about how I'm playing it right now.

Do I get bonus internet points if I express dislike of certain things in the game, or does it have to be a complete "I quit" post?

I quit is is +100 cool points.

The idea of this thread is not to S#&$ on warframe or destiny, just simply state we as PLAYERS win in the situation. We get a better game, and have two games to play. Whats not to enjoy?

26 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Your thread seems to be rather contradictory.

"No one cares about Destiny!"

"Oh and by the way, if you're bored, go play Destiny"

Shall we also glide past the fact that you, as someone who apparently doesn't care about Destiny, have made a thread about Destiny?

When did I say I didn't care?

I'm simplying saying there is no reason to panic.

Sure, if you're bored, go play destiny? I'm saying not to WORRY about destinys growth, because it benefits everyone.

1 minute ago, AshArbiter said:

When did I say I didn't care?

I'm simplying saying there is no reason to panic.

Sure, if you're bored, go play destiny? I'm saying not to WORRY about destinys growth, because it benefits everyone.

Wasn't responding to you, was responding to the thread that was merged here.

48 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Your thread post seems to be rather contradictory.

"No one cares about Destiny!"

"Oh and by the way, if you're bored, go play Destiny"

Shall we also glide past the fact that you, as someone who apparently doesn't care about Destiny, have made a thread about Destiny?

Eff Destiny and Eff anyone that cares about it.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Warframe could learn something from Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog, Halo, Destiny, Devil May Cry, God of War, Minecraft, and many others. If you have 3 hours, I'd like to tell you all about my grand and lame ideas...

Image result for you choose to be salty

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Image result for you choose to be salty

.....lmao....ok...that's funny. 

But seriously. The 2 games aren't even the same. It's only because it's new that people who jump from game to game are trying something out, thinking it's some new invention, that'll be bored of Destiny in a few months to maybe a year if they even have that large of an attention span.

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Thank you, I was super confused about that.

They just took Halo and added some shiny features and repackaged it. Because it's not "dead" and probably has fast public match queues is why its popular. It's just another fps with an "edge". 

Why am I even explaining myself. You're here on warframe forums and have a lot of points. You probably put time into this game because you like and/or liked it.

Since this is a Destiny thread.

1- How long it takes there to get geared (More or less)?
2- Does there have a end game, or is killing sponge HP enemies considered end game there too?
3- Can someone name a few endgame instances OR raids so I'll check on youtube and see how it is, and maybe some guides to check the difficult if there is any.
4- Good rewards-progression behind endgame stuff, or just some easy grind rewards locked behind a RNG like it is here (relics)

5- does they have servers or is it p2p all over again?

Edited by MPonder

Agreed. I think 2019 has been a disappointing year content-wise in Warframe (it all depends on Empyrean and the less-likely-every-minute-NewWar Christmas release of course).

The current Destiny growth only means more competition for DE and hopefully better things for the future.

Personally speaking, I'm currently taking my largest Warframe break and playing Destiny. No regrets!

2 hours ago, aligatorno said:

There's not much competition going on honestly at least from Destiny's point of view. In terms of genre, they are somewhat similar but the approach is very different. In terms of number, Destiny 2 stomps Warframe, it has an average of 200k players at a time, Warframe's all time peak was 130k with an average of 30-50k per day.

DE needs to get their guano together and stop slacking off when it comes to content releases if they want to stop bleeding players. Maybe better planned and managed projects would help, instead of spreading too thin, develop and change and develop and change and not getting anything done. 

Really? I mean, do you even math bro?

You are comparing Steam numbers only, obviously the all time peak and avarage will be higher for Destiny 2. Not only because it is very fresh i.e only two weeks old on Steam, but it is also only accessible through Steam as opposed to WF that has been available on two different launchers during its whole lifetime and recently also on a third through Discord. When added up, yes currently Destiny 2 stomps WF, but that is because WF is currently in between bigger patches. At the time of bigger patches in WF, it stomps Destiny 2 without a contest since the concurrent numbers are at those time up in the 300k range when you add up SA, Steam and Discord, which you should since they are all PC players.

And dont forget that Destiny 2 is 2 weeks old and it released an expansion at the same time. Shouldnt the interest be higher than peaking at around 200k under such circumstances, being a AAA title tied to a well known IP and all that? Also dont forget that is has dropped a large chunk of the week one players during week two already, something that usually doesnt happen until after a month in most games.

We've had these "bleeding players" comments for a long time, yet WF grows each year. The game isnt actually bleeding players, it is simply following the natural flow of F2P games, same as Path of Exile. Both games will likely be around longer than Destiny 2 and with much stronger playerbases. Destiny 2 suffers from the same problems it did when it launched on Bnet, poor itemization, a short loot-grind loop and little to do, now with the addition of having no new player experience at all unless you are interested in digging it up yourself and be prepared to get zero useful loot from it. Nevermind they stayed with the activison monetization as a whole aside from the freebie demo version. Bungie wants to go free-to-play and completely fails at it with their monetization model that is unfriendly to players and relies on too many big one time purchases instead of items that bring a steady flow of revenue.

1 hour ago, MPonder said:

Since this is a Destiny thread.

1- How long it takes there to get geared (More or less)?
2- Does there have a end game, or is killing sponge HP enemies considered end game there too?
3- Can someone name a few endgame instances OR raids so I'll check on youtube and see how it is, and maybe some guides to check the difficult if there is any.
4- Good rewards-progression behind endgame stuff, or just some easy grind rewards locked behind a RNG like it is here (relics)

5- does they have servers or is it p2p all over again?

1. About 100h or so with the re-release for a new player it seems. 

2. Sponges with no real progression aswell as some raid bosses with decent mechanics and mandatory "puzzles". 

3. Raids are supposed to be hard and require communications. You also need to use third party i.e out-of-game group finder options in order to get groups for certain activities in the game, like raids and uhm nightfall missions iirc. Cant really recall the names and to lazy to check up on it now.

4. S#&$e progression, you pretty much gear up to get enough light to face the enemies that require X amount of light, at which point those enemies feel pretty much like the enemies did 50 light earlier. Anthem ran with a similar system that was as much S#&$e as the one in Destiny 2.

5. Servers that are worse now than they were with Blizzard.

edit: Also a side note on progression. If you wanna get anywhere and have choices in gearing, you will need both expansions i.e 60ish dollars worth, otherwise you are locked out of a majority of exotics aswell as some sub classes. So you more or less have around 100h, then you need to spend in order to get some "worthwhile" progress if you can stand the crappy progression system to begin with.

Edited by SneakyErvin

5 hours ago, AshArbiter said:

There is zero need to be concerned about Destiny 2's rising growth. Here is the bottom line: Competition is good. Yes we all love Warframe, but having a close competitor to Warframe is great. Why? It's simple, two massive hands in the pot means developers need to work harder, and produce more quality content to grab players. This year, DE has outlined a slew of content they wanted to release, theres only 3 months left in the year and we've only seen a titleset rework, a frame, and... that's about it.

Going into 2020, Destiny 2 is sure to pick up some speed, now that it's F2P. Competition will make DE work harder to earn players. 

EDIT: FOR THE RECORD: I am not saying Destiny 2 is a better game, Warframe has a boat load of more content. HOWEVER, competition in the looter shooter market is good for us as "gamers"

There is also the flip side of the “competition” coin:

When two different species of alpha predators clash within the same ecosystem for the limited resources available, the only eventual outcome is victory for one and extinction for the other.

Evolution is the only wildcard.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

As SneakyErvin said, let's wait another month or 2 for D2's numbers to stabilize out before we start fully saying if it's gonna be competitive or not. You can't just go off steam numbers since Warframe has 3 different PC launchers to D2's one through Steam.

• Like 1