Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destiny 2 and Warframe: COMPETITION IS GOOD!

InsuranceFraud

competition is certainly good normally, but... Warframe has already tried to pull things from Destiny but pulled the sorts of things that make Video Games less interactive and more bland, so i'm not really ethused about it's existence on the market. there's other looting type Shooter games that do make some nice contrasting competition, though.

I don't think the games are similar enough for it to be an actual competition. If any high interest release comes out, we would see a dip in players, regardless of the genre of the game. Both games just function on very different levels unless you compare them very superficially, e.g. you shoot guns at enemies.

After the initial release interest dies out and we're well into the season with plenty of people at rank 100,  the comparisons will dry out.

Edited by RX-3DR

hace 8 horas, AshArbiter dijo:

Competition will make DE work harder to earn players. 

Or die making "Shadows 2.0".

I really hope It does, but right now DE doesn't stand a chance (where was the last time DE dropped something and you played ir for More than a Month?), don't get me wrong, I like Warframe, but Destiny 2 is killing it right now, also I don't see a lot of players returning to Railjack, I might come back, but my expectations are really slim in that regard.

Apart from just not liking Destiny, I've totally lost interest in games that go "Game 1", then next year "Game 2", then "Game 3", making me repurchase basically the same game every year. Plus games that I do/did enjoy playing don't put servers in the Australasia region and nerf their games into the ground because of PvP.

In Warframe I don't have to worry about terrible connections to NA, or worry about having Warframe 2 release next year, or nerfs every 3 months (Elder Scrolls Online, Sc**w you, ZOS!)

There's zero reason for us to be concerned. But Warframe going from consistently being top 5 being played on steam down to the bottom of the top 10 has got to be concerning for DE. 

The 200K+ people playing Desrtiny 2 at any given point might not stick with it, just as more then 85% don't stick with Warframe to get the MR3 achievement on Steam. 

"EDIT: FOR THE RECORD: I am not saying Destiny 2 is a better game, Warframe has a boat load of more content. HOWEVER, competition in the looter shooter market is good for us as "gamers""

Oh I'll openly state that. Destiny 2 is Vastly better then Warframe. Destiny 2 is just a FPS with RPG mechanics. Warframe is such a looter shooter beyond even Borderlands that it's a grind game just as Path of Exiles is. Destiny 2 is all to happy to give you gun and armor within 3-6 mins of each other. For Warframe? "Go pop around 6 relics in public matchmaking and still have a decent chance at not getting what you want". "Great, you finally got all 6-8 parts for equinox. now it'll take a combined time of about 6 and half days to build"

Edited by Fire2box

2 hours ago, AshArbiter said:

Titan punch UGH. Hate that in PVP.

Whens your next ted talk? 😛

well lucky for you you won't find me in crucible as i abstain from pvp with a passion so i wont be punching you if it were Rainbow 6 how ever when i did lightly play it 

*thinks of all the times i've accidently flick killed my friends in rainbow 6 siege* 

i'm prolly one of the main reasons some games dont have friendly fire i'm very hmm "skittish" easily panic under pressure just after the friendly fire change that made it after the first time you tk someone and they don't forgive you would just TK yourself i kinda stopped playing because i was actively being as useful as a sack of wet grass at that point 

14 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

See I'm glad Destiny 2 is now not under blizz/activision control. Bungie can sink or swim on their own merits, and if D2 improves and is within the same sphere warframe is in? That gives DE incintive to keep moving, and if someone goes 'i like warframe but i want PVP' Destiny is there.

There is room for more than one game for players. I don't personally have fun with d2, but many people do and i'm glad. Options are a good thing.

Warframe has player vs player content.

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, Fire2box said:

Warframe has player vs player content.

tenor.gif

The forums are a better example of player versus player than conclave is.

You don't have to wait for a match, deal with a knock off rocket league or frustrate yourself trying to shoot a target that accelerates from nought to the speed of light instantly.

I've had more fun in the single Destiny PvP match I've played (at a convention many many years ago, won a t-shirt by... well, winning) than I have in the conclave.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Free to play?

Correct me of i'm wrong but Destiny still sells It's expansions. So basically you are locked away from content unless you pay. So It's more like Free to try.

Also what's the purpose of this thread?

Not only content, but you are effectively locked out of 75% or so of the exotic loot available in the game aswell as a subclass for each class. So yea it is very much free to ry and nothing more.

9 hours ago, DOOMPATRIOT said:

Or die making "Shadows 2.0".

I really hope It does, but right now DE doesn't stand a chance (where was the last time DE dropped something and you played ir for More than a Month?), don't get me wrong, I like Warframe, but Destiny 2 is killing it right now, also I don't see a lot of players returning to Railjack, I might come back, but my expectations are really slim in that regard.

The difference is though, people can come back with no strings attached to test Railjack and leave if they want with only some time lost. If this was Destiny 2 they'd have to pay AAA cash in order to try something that may yet again be just another rehash of old content aswell as having to wait for it all to actually get released before getting their moneys worth. Shadowkeep which was supposed to be a major step in the right direction has gotten more flack than Forsaken, which was already criticized for being mostly rehashed stuff, yet they've managed to make SK even worse and not even releasing all of it in one go. Expansions arent even really expansions in Destiny 2, they are more like season passes for content that would be free in most other games over that same period of time.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 2

As someone who has thousands of hours on WF and just recently picked up Destiny when it came to steam, my gaming routine now is login on Warframe for daily check, logout and play Destiny, rinse and repeat until Empyrean comes out.

Like seriously, WF could learn a lot from it. Let the competition be here and be strong, this game hasn't had a real threat since the Second Dream launched and it bloody shows.

Edited by TheRealShade
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheRealShade said:

As someone who has thousands of hours on WF and just recently picked up Destiny when it came to steam, my gaming routine now is login on Warframe for daily check, logout and play Destiny, rinse and repeat until Empyrean comes out.

Let me ask you this: Did you start Destiny from scratch? From your post, you did.

Now, lets reverse the positions, if you played D2 for thousands of hours. Then picked up Warframe as it is now. Without prior plays.

Would this statement be reversed?

I'm not being sarcastic or anything negative. I want you to reflect on that for a moment and tell me what you think.

31 minutes ago, TheRealShade said:

Like seriously, WF could learn a lot from it. Let the competition be here and be strong, this game hasn't had a real threat since the Second Dream launched and it bloody shows.

Although: Ya, we need some sorth of competition in here that is not a leaderboard. I think I once made an idea about making Solar Rail Conflicts be PvE against Grineer/Corpus and have the clan/alliance that defended it best get freatured.

3 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Let me ask you this: Did you start Destiny from scratch? From your post, you did.

Now, lets reverse the positions, if you played D2 for thousands of hours. Then picked up Warframe as it is now. Without prior plays.

I'm not being sarcastic or anything negative. I want you to reflect on that for a moment and tell me what you think.

Finaly someone that gets it!

Just as I havent played WF much in a while. Does that mean the game(s) I currently play are better, or is it simply the fact that they are great games and new to me? It is option two, because the games doesnt have much in common with WF, they dont give me that fix I seek in WF, but they are new and have other things that appeal to me. Kinda like how Destiny 2 didnt give me the WF fix either back on Bnet, it was just a completely different game that shares a sci-fi setting and loot. If I want a shooter with loot similar to Destiny and with more depth and a better progression system I rather play a Fallout game, one of the hilarious Borderlands or something like 7 Days to die. If I wanted something with Destiny progression and repetativeness I'd probably still play Inquisitor Martyr since I prefer isometric arpgs, but in the end it is the same S#&$ty gearing/progression system.

16 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Destiny 2 just released Shadowkeep. Someone with thousands of hours in Destiny 2 will have likely done everything but Shadowkeep is barely a story DLC. It's just new activities, new guns/armor, a battlepass you can rank up just by playing the game normally, strikes, and a new raid to do with clanmates. It might not appeal to everyone it certainly doesn't for me given it's price. But it's a hell of a lot more content then nothing. 

1 minute ago, Fire2box said:

Destiny 2 just released Shadowkeep. Someone with thousands of hours in Destiny 2 will have likely done everything but Shadowkeep is barely a story DLC. It's just new activities, new guns/armor, a battlepass you can rank up just by playing the game normally, strikes, and a new raid to do with clanmates. It might not appeal to everyone it certainly doesn't for me given it's price. But it's a hell of a lot more content then nothing. 

But thats the thing, Warframe does that same thing.

Empyrean will add new activities, mission types, guns to rank up (Modualr Archwing and maybe more for the ship itself), you rank them up by playing the game (in a different way than the normal gameplay of Moding, but...) and it will certianly not appeal to everyone.

Shadowkeep came with the Steam launch, you can say Warframe has nothing right now, but Destiny 2 also stayed in that phase of no content for quiet a while after Bungie divorced with Activision. And this month is the Mainline, only some things are confirmed, the rest are not being discussed by the devs at all, but the period of nothing is about to end on Warframe's end too.

6 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

But thats the thing, Warframe does that same thing.

Empyrean will add new activities, mission types, guns to rank up (Modualr Archwing and maybe more for the ship itself), you rank them up by playing the game (in a different way than the normal gameplay of Moding, but...) and it will certianly not appeal to everyone.

Really? Well hot damn we've only been waiting 18 months for it. 

9 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

And Shadowkeep has been in the making since Forsaken, with little to no useful content in between. And Shadowkeep is hated by most, not only because it feels like a rehash of old content, but because it is also a staggered release which leads many to believe that there will be few if any actual content additions to the game that wont be part of a payed expansion. Shadowkeep will litterally be a staggered release throughout the rest of this year by the looks of it.

Sure we've been waiting 18 months for Railjack, but then again we've also gotten releases in between. I cant actually recall which was the last free destiny 2 content release in between the expasions of Y1, Y2 and now Y3. I cant for the life of me remember if there have been any at all or if they have all been just tied to staggered expansion content this whole time.

Edited by SneakyErvin

3 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

You speak as if that was the only update worth mattering. What we had ever since then:

Fortuna. (Story, more guns, new Warframe, new syndicates, new means of transport...)

Profit-Taker. (New Boss raid-ish type)

Nightwave (Story)

Exploiter (New boss puzzle type-ish)

Plains of Eidolon Remaster (QoL)

Jovian Concord (Story, More guns, new Warframe, QoL on Jupiter)

Saint of Altra (Snips of Story, new Warframe, more guns)

And some other things in-between like Tenno Reinforcements, Primes, tweaks...

We have been waiting for Railjack for near 18 months? True.

Did we have things between it and the announcement they are making it? Also true.

Those 18 months were not empty of things.