Jump to content

Destiny 2 and Warframe: COMPETITION IS GOOD!


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Now, let's turn it a bit. Let's say the upcoming Empyrean has a whole new game mode, a raid, lots of new weapons with new and fresh mechanics, just need to pay $40 or completely no content for you. Same with The Duviri Paradox and The New War, will you spend $120 for that?

Then, for that season pass, perhaps you will like it when DE make a premium nightwave pass where the best cosmetics, arcanes, are behind this pass

Honestly, the expansion is one of the critics where they blamed Activision on that, and now it shows that Activision did nothing wrong

Not to forget, they have eververse store, where you buy your skins, emotes, engrams, and any cosmetics in the game

Perhaps you will see how bad the content drought in destiny later, when they release many DLC and you don't get a single new content from it, even the weapons or armor because it's pay up or no content for you

The thing is in the eververse store you earn the engrams to get these things and even get light dust to purchase these things outright without shelling out money. While you do get to buy packs out front you can earn them pretty often by playing and leveling up your character past the level cap (not light cap) 

mad far as battle pass goes they only fate 4 cosmetics behind it where as you get the weapons for free  (the armor set is meh at best)

and as far as content goes the only thing your missing out on is a few exotics and the vex arena and shadowkeep contents. Which in my op is pretty fair. It’s a game with expansions while they do add more to the game for everyone those who buy the expansions get  more. If you pay for the season pass you get slightly more. It’s kind of very similar to fortnites season pass model.

and while I did power through all of d2s older expansions last month it’s tons of replay ability right now in the raids PvP strikes nightfalls and more. Things in the base game are replayable vs repetitive. A big issue with wf rn. 

Youre only trying to target and bring the worst case scenario out for it atm brother 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Perhaps you want to explain this "a few things". Should they take notes on holding new content behind DLC paywall? Should they make season pass for nightwave rewards? Or maybe recycle old game modes with reskinned enemies and put a different name as a new mode? Maybe reskin some old weapon as a new weapon just with different name?

Ooh, I dunno... servers, weapon balance, arena pvp, gambit(a damn good game mode), refined shooting mechanics, raids(this directly connects to weapon balance), absence of broken melee mods. 

To be fair - some of the best stuff in D2 is entirely free. Granted, you need to spend money equal to a full game for the two expansions but I'm afraid it's worth it. 

I honestly think that the competition between D2 and WF would ultimately improve both games. I wish both well. Hopefully I'll be still around to see them grow 🙂  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

Ooh, I dunno... servers, weapon balance, arena pvp, gambit(a damn good game mode), refined shooting mechanics, raids(this directly connects to weapon balance), absence of broken melee mods. 

To be fair - some of the best stuff in D2 is entirely free. Granted, you need to spend money equal to a full game for the two expansions but I'm afraid it's worth it. 

I honestly think that the competition between D2 and WF would ultimately improve both games. I wish both well. Hopefully I'll be still around to see them grow 🙂  

I’ve tried man he’s a great guy but he’s stuck on the topic that d2 is some anti consumer rpg grindfest 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

weapon balance

So technically nerfing overpowered things to make it in line to other "mastery fodder"

24 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

arena pvp

We already have conclave, and people just don't want to play it for many excuses

13 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

refined shooting mechanics

First person shooting, which can be said on any AAA shooter like CoD or Battlefield

15 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

raids

We'll see when 8 players raids come back and see if people will be toxic or not with numerous management

16 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

servers

Would like to see how well it works in longer duration because of the server queue back then, and without Activision financial backing, I'm staying back and see if they will make season pass on every corner and lock more content behind paywall to cover the expenses like this one and 3 upcoming season passes

20 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

absence of broken melee mods. 

So put the broken mods in line (nerf)?

32 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

some of the best stuff

Such as? As far as I know some of them are technically recycled modes. Let's say forges for example, it's similar to escalation protocol with throwing balls. Why don't we combine defense with canister throwing as a new mode? New mode, right?

34 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

I'm afraid it's worth it. 

Heard people say it's rehashed content, and even we get a news coverage about nightmare enemies being the same enemies you fight, only with black-reddish coloring and effect for shadowkeep. Surely DE can add numerous new enemies if we want new enemy

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 844448 said:

So technically nerfing overpowered things to make it in line to other "mastery fodder"

We already have conclave, and people just don't want to play it for many excuses

First person shooting, which can be said on any AAA shooter like CoD or Battlefield

We'll see when 8 players raids come back and see if people will be toxic or not with numerous management

Would like to see how well it works in longer duration because of the server queue back then, and without Activision financial backing, I'm staying back and see if they will make season pass on every corner and lock more content behind paywall to cover the expenses like this one and 3 upcoming season passes

So put the broken mods in line (nerf)?

Such as? As far as I know some of them are technically recycled modes. Let's say forges for example, it's similar to escalation protocol with throwing balls. Why don't we combine defense with canister throwing as a new mode? New mode, right?

Heard people say it's rehashed content, and even we get a news coverage about nightmare enemies being the same enemies you fight, only with black-reddish coloring and effect for shadowkeep. Surely DE can add numerous new enemies if we want new enemy

In general I think you’d just don’t like the idea of how d2 is or the idea it’s compared to wf. Or at all which is okay. It’s not your game dude and it’s fine that it isn’t. But as of right now I’ve seen more praise for d2 rather then complaints amongst new players and vets. The community from what I’ve seen is generally slightly more happy then it was earlier on in the games life and on the forums.. overall it’s in a healthy state and I can’t say the same about warframe rn

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

The thing is in the eververse store you earn the engrams to get these things and even get light dust to purchase these things outright without shelling out money. While you do get to buy packs out front you can earn them pretty often by playing and leveling up your character past the level cap (not light cap) 

With how little the exp gain from killing enemies unless you do activities, back to grinding that missions for exp

1 hour ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

mad far as battle pass goes they only fate 4 cosmetics behind it where as you get the weapons for free  (the armor set is meh at best)

There are catalysts that boost the power of exotics further based on what I read from news sites so I doubt it

1 hour ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

and as far as content goes the only thing your missing out on is a few exotics and the vex arena and shadowkeep contents. Which in my op is pretty fair. It’s a game with expansions while they do add more to the game for everyone those who buy the expansions get  more. If you pay for the season pass you get slightly more. It’s kind of very similar to fortnites season pass model.

Guess it would be also fair if DE start adopting this model means the only thing you're missing is a few weapons, and Empyrean contents and nightwave premium content

1 hour ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

and while I did power through all of d2s older expansions last month it’s tons of replay ability right now in the raids PvP strikes nightfalls and more. Things in the base game are replayable vs repetitive. A big issue with wf rn. 

And what do you get from these raids, PvP, strikes, nightfalls and more if not weapons or armor pieces that you will either dismantle or temporarily use until you get a better one? Doesn't look too different on relics or riven mods to me

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

In general I think you’d just don’t like the idea of how d2 is or the idea it’s compared to wf. Or at all which is okay. It’s not your game dude and it’s fine that it isn’t. But as of right now I’ve seen more praise for d2 rather then complaints amongst new players and vets. The community from what I’ve seen is generally slightly more happy then it was earlier on in the games life and on the forums.. overall it’s in a healthy state and I can’t say the same about warframe rn

It's 2 weeks fresh on steam now, and what you see is right now, not the whole story where you see more complaints than praises. We'll see how long the praises will last

Link to post
Share on other sites

I kinda like this competition. WF is feeling boring lately so I switched over to D2. Not saying that WF is a bad game, but our last main story quest line (chimera prologue) was over a year ago. Raids still have yet to return, melee 3.0 is still not here, neither is the new war, etc. Sure, we could give DE credit for gas city rework, Wisp and Gauss, hostile mergers/disruption and ropalolyst fight (though still buggy), but it gets stale really quick. I still like WF as a game, but hopefully the addition of another looter shooter in the f2p market will make DE feel like they have some kind of competition and will work to get better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

The thing is in the eververse store you earn the engrams to get these things and even get light dust to purchase these things outright without shelling out money. While you do get to buy packs out front you can earn them pretty often by playing and leveling up your character past the level cap (not light cap) 

mad far as battle pass goes they only fate 4 cosmetics behind it where as you get the weapons for free  (the armor set is meh at best)

and as far as content goes the only thing your missing out on is a few exotics and the vex arena and shadowkeep contents. Which in my op is pretty fair. It’s a game with expansions while they do add more to the game for everyone those who buy the expansions get  more. If you pay for the season pass you get slightly more. It’s kind of very similar to fortnites season pass model.

and while I did power through all of d2s older expansions last month it’s tons of replay ability right now in the raids PvP strikes nightfalls and more. Things in the base game are replayable vs repetitive. A big issue with wf rn. 

Youre only trying to target and bring the worst case scenario out for it atm brother 

Engrams are limited to battle pass, and there's not many in there. Also, Bungie has removed all armor sets from them, and also won't be selling many items from eververse for bright dust.

The rotations have already been datamined.. the eververse store is actually a huge topic of debate with many D2 players specifically against it. Not to mention the lack of content included with Shadowkeep, has made it blow up huge. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

This isn’t a vet issue though he’s just talking about competition. Reading comprehension is a nice skill to learn 

Yes, because only a newer player would have competition of a "rival" game totally in their mind enough to make a bunch of forum posts about it. That's totally not people that have played the game long enough to develop nuance and attention to detail.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, -CM-Schnitzel said:

I kinda like this competition. WF is feeling boring lately so I switched over to D2. Not saying that WF is a bad game, but our last main story quest line (chimera prologue) was over a year ago. Raids still have yet to return, melee 3.0 is still not here, neither is the new war, etc. Sure, we could give DE credit for gas city rework, Wisp and Gauss, hostile mergers/disruption and ropalolyst fight (though still buggy), but it gets stale really quick. I still like WF as a game, but hopefully the addition of another looter shooter in the f2p market will make DE feel like they have some kind of competition and will work to get better. 

I’m hoping the same thing. Warframe has really sparked my interest since PoE, hoping that the end of the year will see many exciting things for WF! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 844448 said:

It's 2 weeks fresh on steam now, and what you see is right now, not the whole story where you see more complaints than praises. We'll see how long the praises will last

Even before it went free on steam forsaken got a lot more praise then negativity since I’ve had d2 before it became free. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Yes, because only a newer player would have competition of a "rival" game totally in their mind enough to make a bunch of forum posts about it. That's totally not people that have played the game long enough to develop nuance and attention to detail.

Nowhere in his op is him complaining really man. He just stated that it’s nice to have competition. New player or old player it.... isn’t .... relevant to the topic at hand. Him saying it’s nice to have competition to see both games grow? Gosh is [DE]Rebecca is really gonna plant one on you for defending a non existent issue huh?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

forsaken got a lot more praise then negativity

Because apparently they need The Taken King 2.0 to make the game in the right direction and $140 to reach that level

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 844448 said:

With how little the exp gain from killing enemies unless you do activities, back to grinding that missions for exp

There are catalysts that boost the power of exotics further based on what I read from news sites so I doubt it

Guess it would be also fair if DE start adopting this model means the only thing you're missing is a few weapons, and Empyrean contents and nightwave premium content

And what do you get from these raids, PvP, strikes, nightfalls and more if not weapons or armor pieces that you will either dismantle or temporarily use until you get a better one? Doesn't look too different on relics or riven mods to me

In many cases I see about 3-4 engrams a day from PvP nightfall and gambit with my friends along with missions involved with the battle pass and it’s fine for me. Could the pay model be slightly better? Of course. But it’s not this terrible attack on players wallet that your comparing it to. 

Let me ask have you played old Tera? ESO WOW or any game that’s free in the essence but makes you or made you pay for or incentives subscription? Have you played vindictus or blade and soul? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PS4)GbHaseo said:

Engrams are limited to battle pass, and there's not many in there. Also, Bungie has removed all armor sets from them, and also won't be selling many items from eververse for bright dust.

The rotations have already been datamined.. the eververse store is actually a huge topic of debate with many D2 players specifically against it. Not to mention the lack of content included with Shadowkeep, has made it blow up huge. 

I’m all for redoing eververse in all honesty. But the idea that it’s some terrible anti consumer battlefront two levels of micro transactions is a stretch and I feel like that’s what he was trying to compare it to. I do think that the earn of bright dust should be boosted and more cosmetics should be available without it or for less. But do I see the system as bad as he’s describing it? Not at all

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Because apparently they need The Taken King 2.0 to make the game in the right direction and $140 to reach that level

Never did I say the pay model was perfect but it’s not as bad as you guys are chipping it up to be. And what about the 140 you could spend on every prime access. Also you never answered some of my questions man

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

In many cases I see about 3-4 engrams a day from PvP nightfall and gambit with my friends along with missions involved with the battle pass and it’s fine for me. Could the pay model be slightly better? Of course. But it’s not this terrible attack on players wallet that your comparing it to. 

So you will do those activities and missions involved with the battle pass? Funny that somehow it's a very bad thing in warframe and it's a chore

Let's see how the pay model unfold in the future, see who's in the wrong all this time, bungie or Activision

12 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Never did I say the pay model was perfect but it’s not as bad as you guys are chipping it up to be. And what about the 140 you could spend on every prime access.

Is that $140 mandatory to get every prime compared to the DLC? Outside prime accessories, the rest are available in the game, compared to "pay money or no content for you" model you get in destiny, unless you can show me how you can access shadowkeep content without going through the mandatory purchase

15 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Also you never answered some of my questions man

Go on, put the questions I never answered

Link to post
Share on other sites

Competition doesn't have to be in the same genre, but it is into what people that play this game looks for... 

Mordhau is my personal competition against Warframe lately, because it scratchs the itch that Warframe always did scratch... but sooner or later it will be another game. I can clearly say that Destiny 2 will never be a competition in my view, because I would never touch that game after seeing some gameplays... too "Overwatchey" for me to be able to enjoy it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 844448 said:

So you will do those activities and missions involved with the battle pass? Funny that somehow it's a very bad thing in warframe and it's a chore

Let's see how the pay model unfold in the future, see who's in the wrong all this time, bungie or Activision

Is that $140 mandatory to get every prime compared to the DLC? Outside prime accessories, the rest are available in the game, compared to "pay money or no content for you" model you get in destiny, unless you can show me how you can access shadowkeep content without going through the mandatory purchase

Go on, put the questions I never answered

It’s no activities directly involved in the battle pass you do anything to gain xp towards it. So in that regard it’s great. Forcing a player to sit in survival for x amount of time for battle pass standing is meh 😕.

 

its going pretty well imo you play the game and level up just by playing and you earn more xp by doing quest!  So you can just be having fun doing anything you want to level up your battle pass in d2 (while I do feel like neither wf or d2 needs a battle pass d2 has it in this category) 

every expansion still provides content for you to do while you miss out on story a few cosmetics and a seasons gamemode you still have tons plus it has more replay value something warframe is kind of lacking right now.

 

also 

you never answered my question on if you ever played any of those games like eso wow or etc I mentioned 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

It’s no activities directly involved in the battle pass you do anything to gain xp towards it. So in that regard it’s great. Forcing a player to sit in survival for x amount of time for battle pass standing is meh 😕.

No activities involved? Okay but how to get exp for battle pass fast outside doing those activities?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

its going pretty well imo you play the game and level up just by playing and you earn more xp by doing quest!  So you can just be having fun doing anything you want to level up your battle pass in d2 (while I do feel like neither wf or d2 needs a battle pass d2 has it in this category) 

I disagree here. Bounty requires you to do something specific like super multi kill, melee kill, kill with certain element or weapon type, etc for considerable amount of exp and quest is limited in number and mostly running from place to place

8 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

every expansion still provides content for you to do while you miss out on story a few cosmetics and a seasons gamemode you still have tons plus it has more replay value something warframe is kind of lacking right now.

You sure? What kind of content do we get from shadowkeep?

More replay value? Tell me, what kind of replay value you're talking here? As far as I know things in warframe still have replay value

10 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

you never answered my question on if you ever played any of those games like eso wow or etc I mentioned

I have to say I haven't, because the DLC model or subscription is not something I like. What happens if I happen don't have time or will to play WoW after I pay the subscription? That money goes away with no value obtained, creating the "fear of missing out" and I thought people complain about that FOMO in nightwave?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 844448 said:

No activities involved? Okay but how to get exp for battle pass fast outside doing those activities?

I disagree here. Bounty requires you to do something specific like super multi kill, melee kill, kill with certain element or weapon type, etc for considerable amount of exp and quest is limited in number and mostly running from place to place

You sure? What kind of content do we get from shadowkeep?

More replay value? Tell me, what kind of replay value you're talking here? As far as I know things in warframe still have replay value

I have to say I haven't, because the DLC model or subscription is not something I like. What happens if I happen don't have time or will to play WoW after I pay the subscription? That money goes away with no value obtained, creating the "fear of missing out" and I thought people complain about that FOMO in nightwave?

Yes and no for the first two parts. In many cases you get a bounty or quest in things like crucible or vanguard or from a retailer in an open world and pretty much complete them while just playing personally that’s been the case for me and without me trying or actively seeking to I hit level 30 of the season pass in like 3-4 days of play? It would be more but me and my friends like goofing off .

in terms of shadowkeep to my knowledge you get access to most of the events that aren’t super tied to shadowkeeps stuff like exotics and the questline related stuff. 

Engaging enemies along with raids. Great PvP a pretty nice lore and good story missions. With the update to armor making it feel like d1 a lot of great build variety if coupled with all the unique weapons which if not all but pretty close to all can be viable in any content the armor and customization is decent and on top of that the constant amount of events and things that they host and have planned which is mostly met on time with the roadmaps.  And that’s great a lot of people think the same but also a lot of people think warframe is lacking in sustainability right now. Check the steam charts (while not a definite showing it does show an decline in players)

in esssence that’s the model of the game to an extent and that’s not bad. I don’t see anyone clamoring in about eso or wows model because while it isn’t tied to d2 or warframe it’s pretty much the same if not worse for eso sake (but eso still is a great mmo experience) you don’t like this Model of game from the start so of course your not going to be fond of the practice 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Think I still got a few years until trying destiny 2 again. Was only able to get 4 hours out of the game before I was bored as they force you to start at lvl 50 so my reason of playing was removed as i love leveling stuff. Its like warframe would instant give you mastery rank 30 with all gear unlocked at max rank when a person create an account. So for now will priority warframe maybe in the future if destiny 2 make the lvl 50 starting point optional so I can start from lvl 1 and play the game then I might pick it up again.  As most games that have leveling system gets boring ones you hit max level for it just annoying 5 - 50 man missions that I don't wanna play or worse pvp.

I can see having the lvl 50 as a optional thing as if you played through the game before you maybe wanna join friends at the last raid. But for a new player with no friends in the game why do they have to hit the last raid right away?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...