Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destiny 2 and Warframe: COMPETITION IS GOOD!

InsuranceFraud

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

Steve said warframe has 300k players everyday, and I don't remember if it's simultaneous or consecutive but we have at least 300k a day based on what Steve said and since we don't have the source for total players, steam is not a reliable source for warframe unless DE force all players to play from steam from now on

300k averaged around multiple platforms not just on a singular platform. Which also may I add is still great! 300k people overall.  I also don’t think that number is very accurate but I don’t work for them or see all the numbers behind it so I can’t just say that with facts. 

But then you have to take into account that d2 still is outperforming warframe on multiple platforms 

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

Steve said warframe has 300k players everyday, and I don't remember if it's simultaneous or consecutive but we have at least 300k a day based on what Steve said and since we don't have the source for total players, steam is not a reliable source for warframe unless DE force all players to play from steam from now on

I can argue that it’s a pretty reliable source for pc. While not 100% accurate a large majority of gamers use steam. So you can put some trust into the numbers given. Not for a total amount but for a larger portion of pc gamers who play warframe

Competition is good, although I personally find Destiny to be a bit too different to Warframe to be a direct competitor (anthem was closer in that respect, but well, we all know how it is now). Actually I am kind of surprised this many people play D2 considering that it didn't get a particularly great critic and fan response at launch, but hey, more power to them.

Meanwhile, I also think that Warframe is in a good spot, and has been for a while. It's consistently in Steam's top 10 played games despite everything, even content draught, plus it has extra number of people who don't use steam (like myself).