Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orthos Or Ether Reaper?

Tony4580

Question

I already have a potatoed orthos and i LOVE MY ORTHOS but i was thinking about making a ether reaper, but is it worth it? I prefer charge attacks and would like a new melee weapon but i wouldn't want to get it if the orthos is way better. any suggestions?

10 answers to this question

Ether Reaper only has 160 charge damage, so that should answer your question right there if you're looking for a charge-centric weapon.

If you're looking for an upgrade to the Orthos, give the Orthos Prime a look.  It's like the Orthos, but, well... better.

If you're mainly using charged attacks then just keep using the orthos. Ether reaper has much lesser charge attack than orthos, however if you mainly use normal attacks then ether reaper would be a better choice 'cause it has more base damage and faster swing speed. BTW orthos has better attack range than ether reaper.

Edited by mcryseria

Ether Reaper only has 160 charge damage, so that should answer your question right there if you're looking for a charge-centric weapon.

If you're looking for an upgrade to the Orthos, give the Orthos Prime a look.  It's like the Orthos, but, well... better.

but the charge is EXTREMELY fast so you can get two hits in the time most 2 handers could get 1

the light melee is also super fast, I really love the weapon and have potatoed mine and haven't looked back