Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Merchant needs to stay after the season

PapaPhysics

It is absolutely stupid to screw people out of something that they worked hard to earn because they got busy. I am a research scientist and can't log in and check things as often as I like. So, I got busy and haven't been able to play much for the last week or two. I log in today to find that nightwave has ended and my 300ish points are just gone. I would have bought catalysts or reactors with it if I had known it was going to end. These items cost real life money. Not allowing us to spend our points that we earned is like stealing money from us. There is no reason why the merchant shouldn't stay there even if you can't earn more points. I am so pissed off and disgusted by this stupid oversight that I can't see straight. This is either a stupid bonehead oversight or flat out greed. Either way is pretty unacceptable. I have 7890 hours played on this game and I think it is time to play something else for a while. Maybe I will come back, maybe not. It is ironic, maybe 5 dollars worth of wasted nightwave points is motivation enough for me to spend 90 dollars on Destiny 2 and all its expansions. Good job there DE. Bungie says thank you.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PapaPhysics said:

It is absolutely stupid to screw people out of something that they worked hard to earn because they got busy. I am a research scientist and can't log in and check things as often as I like. So, I got busy and haven't been able to play much for the last week or two. I log in today to find that nightwave has ended and my 300ish points are just gone. I would have bought catalysts or reactors with it if I had known it was going to end.

Why didn't you buy the potatoes when you were able to login.
Let's be real, there was no reason for you to wait, if you just wanted potatoes.
Even though I get where you are coming from, this one is on you.

17 minutes ago, PapaPhysics said:

I have 7890 hours played on this game

You profile says that you played 2693 hours.
What do scientists say about liars, mister scientist, sir?

18 minutes ago, PapaPhysics said:

Maybe I will come back, maybe not. It is ironic, maybe 5 dollars worth of wasted nightwave points is motivation enough for me to spend 90 dollars on Destiny 2 and all its expansions. Good job there DE. Bungie says thank you.

This right here sounds really mature of you...
I really can't see you as a scientist. You sound so childish XD

The reason the Creds don't stay is so that people don't just build up massive stockpiles over multiple seasons, and then only spend it when the shop rotates in good stuff (for example, the 10k Kuva that sporadically appeared this season). The current system means that players have to actually play the season to get the shop rewards.

HOWEVER, I feel like there needs to be more advance warning given in-game when Nightwave is ending for a season. As far as I know there isn't an actual indicator of when a Season is ending (unless there's a little timer in a corner somewhere I'm missing). If you don't check the news or forums frequently, you could easily just miss the ending and then any Cred you have just disappears. They could also maybe leave the shop open for an extra week like someone else suggested, so that people can drop all their Cred on potatoes or Nitain or whatever.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, YUNoJump said:

As far as I know there isn't an actual indicator of when a Season is ending (unless there's a little timer in a corner somewhere I'm missing).

IIRC on the bottom right of the NW UI there are tool tips, and there should be a timer, when DE decides that the season is going to end.
Then again I might be off, as we can't check right now...

2 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

They could also maybe leave the shop open for an extra week like someone else suggested, so that people can drop all their Cred on potatoes or Nitain or whatever.

They could easily do that, but if we are honest, people would still complain.
If people missed the ending, people would also miss the additional week. And as OP stated they weren't able to log in for a longer period of time. So even a timer wouldn't help.
A timer would be a good idea, but there is no helping when people have no time to play the game. (Looking at the OP...) One could argue that NW isn't content for people that don't have time to play the game. But that's something for another thread.

I agree to the extent that it would be better if the store lasted at least until the next one started up.   Rather than trying to steal from you, I'd guess the reason we don't have it  is because it's not straightforward for DE to just turn off parts of Nightwave.  If so, hopefully they can decouple the store from the rest at some point if they continue to have gaps between series and intermissions.

I'm also not sure I see a (good) point in NW currency disappearing entirely as long as there's a hard cap on how much can be earned each series.  But that's at least a slightly more complicated question.

Why in the world would you hoard " 300ish" credits?

This is my first Nightwave event, as I missed both the first and intermission; It was clearly stated when it was going to end, and the Nightwave terminal itself states that credits are wiped out after the event has concluded...so why in the world would you hoard that many credits? I can understand hording, I don't know, 60-100 or so in the off-chance that they added something really special during the last week or something...but you sat on a pile of credits all that time. ...and no, they didn't toss in anything phenomenally special that would have even justified hoarding credits to begin with.

As for those items requiring real money, it's pretty absurdly easy to make Platinum in this game. I spent real money on Wisp, because I'm extremely impatient and absolutely love that frame, but I "bought" the entire Gauss collection by selling one Riven Mod and have been buying Orokin Catalysts, reactors, slots, and the like from the market simply by selling Prime loot. You have absolutely no need to pay real money for anything needed in this game...because other people will buy it for you through the player-based economy in exchange for something you can usually get in a couple of Relic missions. You act as if this is the end of the world and you can't possibly get those things any other way...............after you sat on "300ish" credits knowing that the event was going end and that those credits would vanish when it did. How is that stealing from you?

From the perspective of a, typically, entirely free-based player (I've only spent money on two Free to Play games, Warframe and Planetside 2), you have absolutely no-one to blame but yourself for this. There's, literally, absolutely no reason you should have been sitting on "300ish" credits.

Unless you're being hyperbolic because you're upset over 60-100credits and know that it wouldn't come off to the community as something that justifies such a childish rant.

So, either you're extremely foolish...or you're exaggerating because you're pissed off. How the hell can you be a research scientist and completely, blatantly, ignore or miss both information sources in the game that blatantly tell you, "Hey, use up those credits there bud."

5 hours ago, PapaPhysics said:

Maybe I will come back, maybe not. It is ironic, maybe 5 dollars worth of wasted nightwave points is motivation enough for me to spend 90 dollars on Destiny 2 and all its expansions. Good job there DE. Bungie says thank you.

...and if your own absurdity is enough to get you into that sort of mentality, you'll probably bail out from Destiny 2 as well, and any other game that makes things even slightly a hassle for you.

I mean, hell...maybe they should make it so that a week before it ends, and you log in, a huge siren goes off in your Orbiter and red lights start flashing as Ordis frantically screams at you to spend those credits you're hoarding until you actually do so. He can become progressively neurotic the closer it gets to the event finishing up...pestering you during missions and the like, begging you to spend those credits that you're hoarding for god only knows why. Perhaps that would help a research scientist figure out that, maybe, they shouldn't be sitting on the pile of credits until an event's over and they're sucked into the void.

I mean, don't get me wrong...

I can easily understand the frustration and getting pissed off that you were being stupid, but it certainly isn't their fault that you were being stupid. Could they augment the event to keep the Nightwave shop open after the event's concluded? Certainly, I don't see why not... Coming at this like a spoiled little brat and trying to pitch your own stupidity as being their fault in an effort to force them to go even further with making the event as lax as humanly possible though? Come on...I'm hard pressed to believe a research scientist is so childish.

Make a suggestion, don't be fourteen years old about it. We might be kids in the game, but that doesn't mean you have to LARP it out in the forums.

Edited by TenebraeAeterna

4 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

The reason the Creds don't stay is so that people don't just build up massive stockpiles over multiple seasons, and then only spend it when the shop rotates in good stuff (for example, the 10k Kuva that sporadically appeared this season). The current system means that players have to actually play the season to get the shop rewards.

HOWEVER, I feel like there needs to be more advance warning given in-game when Nightwave is ending for a season. As far as I know there isn't an actual indicator of when a Season is ending (unless there's a little timer in a corner somewhere I'm missing). If you don't check the news or forums frequently, you could easily just miss the ending and then any Cred you have just disappears. They could also maybe leave the shop open for an extra week like someone else suggested, so that people can drop all their Cred on potatoes or Nitain or whatever.

4 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

IIRC on the bottom right of the NW UI there are tool tips, and there should be a timer, when DE decides that the season is going to end.
Then again I might be off, as we can't check right now...

They could easily do that, but if we are honest, people would still complain.
If people missed the ending, people would also miss the additional week. And as OP stated they weren't able to log in for a longer period of time. So even a timer wouldn't help.
A timer would be a good idea, but there is no helping when people have no time to play the game. (Looking at the OP...) One could argue that NW isn't content for people that don't have time to play the game. But that's something for another thread.

I can't remember if the Nightwave terminal itself gave the end-date for the event, but it clearly tells you that you'll lose your credits when the event has concluded and to use them up before then. The news terminal is where I definitely remember seeing that the event was going to end...which I believe was a week prior to the event actually ending, maybe even further back.

I don't know, I still think the suggestion in my previous comment of panic sirens, flashing red lights, and Ordis screaming in absolute horror if you haven't spent your credits would be absolutely hilarious and an easy way to make absolutely sure people know that they need to do so. Have him obsessively harass players hoarding their credits during missions, the whole works.

"Operator, I realize that this is the 566th time I've reminded you of this but..." Glitch Static "S-SPEND THOSE CREDITS, N-NOW!"
"Excuse me, Operator...I hate to disturb you during your work but..." Glitch Static "WHY IN THE HELL DO YOU HAVE [Insert Nightwave credits] STOCKPILED?!" Glitch Static "...ahem...I mean, perhaps it's time to spend a few?"