Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Apollodorus With 3 Excal Newbies

EversorMetus

Please bear with my English. 

So I just ran Apollodorus with 3 Excal newbies. I was on my releveling formaed loadout with everything even the sentinel at around level 15. First life support capsule dropped and an Excal activated it right away. No big deal. He's newbie after all. I explained a bit. Although a pop up tip here would be nice i think. I know there is Lotus. But what she says may not actually clear to some newbies.

They handled themselves well for the first 4 minutes. But everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Napalms everywhere. I was simply not fast enough to take them out with 4 players spawn rate. The newbies went down 1 by 1, 2 at the same time, or 3.  I felt like i was playing the Walking Dead. I wanted to save them all, but i couldn't. 5 mins mark and the only advice i can give them now is "rush to the exit guys". We ran like hell, downed, died and revived many times and finally completed the objective. Heavies, Scorches, Scorpions were everywhere.

Now i just want to say. For the love of the Orokin, please somehow fix the newbies issue. Maybe remove Heavies from Mecurry or something i dont know. Break my heart seeing them spam Braton Mk-1bullets on Heavies to no avail. Dying again and again after only a couple of minutes, or an hour into the game is not fun at all. I dont think they know that they can equip mods or change their warframe color. I had a couple of Vor runs with newbies before. Can't say that it was a good experience for them. There are just not enough informations or resources for newbies to get past some aspects of the game without scaring them or making them feel purnished. Veteran gamers can get through easily i think, but many casual players may not.

I can solo apollodorus to 30 min mark easily, that's only because I have maxed serration and other damage mods a long with maxed redirection and experience.

Having a team of 4 beginners face huge horde of napalms is just cruel. Especially when no damage mods drop on mercury. And there is no hint or pop up to say "Yo bro this S#&$ is going to get heavy"

But everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked.

lol'd

Digital Extremes has stated, and Steve admitted, Warframe is one of the least player friendly games there currently is. the player is told basically nothing of what they need to know, the Tutorial is very outdated. 

they're aware of it, but haven't improved it yet. 

however, it should be high on the priority list, Digital Extremes cannot expect to get new players to stay around and enjoy themselves long enough to spend money on the game. meaning no new player influx, meaning the source of income is shrinking, not expanding. 

but either way, they're aware of it.

edit:

And Bombards.

Napalms are infinitely worse. a Bombard that shoots like 10% slower but each rocket thing explodes in a fireball instead of just a small explosion.

Edited by taiiat

But everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked.

Oh, goodness me! I completely freakin' lost it.

But yes, the spawning in this game can be a bit crazy. I was talking about this in another thread a few minutes ago. I've made complaints about it myself months ago, but nothing has changed...

The biggest problem I've had is large groups of enemies spawning in small areas or single rooms... and when heavies or ancients spawn with them, all hell breaks loose.

2mn3yvt.jpg

Edited by FatalX7

Yesterday I was playing Cassini... and Napalms at a lvl 32 instakill you while running insanely, they have homing missiles.

The problem is that if they shoot the first missile, if you dont have an obstacle in front of it, you will get downed.

And not like Ogris towards us, if they shoot a obstacle in front of them, they do not lose any health at all.

They need some reviewing, my main problem is the homing aspect of the missiles.

Yeah, the newbie issue really needs to be addressed. I have several friends that played this game, almost all of them decided to stop immediately because it's like they're being punished/having a very hard time getting past mercury. |Enemy spawns should be limited and there shouldn't be any heavy units here. Having only a low ranking modless Mk-1 braton to fight against napalms is like tickling a giant to death using a soft feather.

Edited by mcryseria

My experience playing any mid-high level survival: Alright, there's a wave of six guys now, cool, cool. Kinda running low on oxygen drops here, though.

My experience playing Mercury's survival: HOLY F**K! Napalms, Gunners, AND Bombards on the same tile! And were only 4 minutes in?! How is a new player supposed to SURVIVE this?!!

The spawn rates on survival missions seem to be completely backwards. Shouldn't the Epitome of Grineer devastation be reserved for the Saturn maps and onwards? I mean yeah I'm sure people exploit Mercury for how easy it is, but just reduce the chance to get keys there or something.

Nothing about this game is new player friendly. Crazy spawns in low lvl areas. Must have mods that can take 100s of hours to drop if you're unlucky. Key mods in advanced builds that where only available if you played 1 weekend in the last year and a half.... These are all big no-nos in the mmo world and warframe does them all.