Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow arsenal access in a middle of endless missions.

sam686

Arsenal can be a specific location, like near extraction area, mostly for endless and free roam missions.

There are 2 reasons, maybe 3, that I want access to arsenal in a middle of mission.

1. Public matchmaking might result in 3 or 4 players all using the same Warframes, like Frost Prime. Not possible to change arsenal when joined mid game. I kind of don't want to use recruitment as it is too slow.

2. Oops with wrong loadout. As of now, the only option is to abort mission or leave squad in Free Roam, with possible host migration problems.

3. Bugs that fail to see changes to Arsenal. https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1134118-video-arsenal-gear-wheel-dragon-key-problem-fails-to-equip-or-not-equip/

1 hour ago, sam686 said:

Public matchmaking might result in 3 or 4 players all using the same Warframes, like Frost Prime. Not possible to change arsenal when joined mid game. I kind of don't want to use recruitment as it is too slow.

Public Matchmaking includes the unpredictable factors tied to it.

If you don't want to use the recruitment chat, meaning, to have a team with planned variables to deal with a specific mission node, then learn to live with those unpredictable factors.

1 hour ago, sam686 said:

2. Oops with wrong loadout. As of now, the only option is to abort mission or leave squad in Free Roam, with possible host migration problems.

I find it hard to believe that you go with wrong loadouts to a specific mission node, on a specific planet, against a specific faction... All of those variables present on the mission node popup info.

1 hour ago, sam686 said:

This one feels like it was forcefully injected as an argument just to be "one more argument" to the small, simple and straightforward list you presented.  (trust me, not everyone does it clean and simple like you did, so hurray for that.)

I fail to see how the 3rd argument fits into it all.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

I find it hard to believe that you go with wrong loadouts to a specific mission node, on a specific planet, against a specific faction... All of those variables present on the mission node popup info.

The mission node pop up only show one thing if there are multiple things on the same node, like Sortie, Nightmare, Kuva siphon, Void fissure, invasion, quest, syndicate, and regular mission.

The most annoying part that often have wrong loadout is when invite is received. Some invites only say "Plains of Eidolon", and didn't know they were doing eidolon hunts, without bounty.

... No one actually invites to do stuff on the Plains other than Eidolon hunting. Anything else can be performed admirably on their own... Also, Tusk Grineer Lancers are pretty much the only ones vulnerable to Corrosive, the rest of them are vulnerable to Radiation... So, I don't know...

Don't take me wrong, I understand the problem of taking wrong loadouts, I usually take the wrong loadout for an endless to reach lvl200+ but such a thing only happens if I'm like a week or so of just logging in for the reward. You have the choice of checking your arsenal before accepting the invite, even on Cetus.

Edited by Uhkretor

3 hours ago, Miser_able said:

Maybe within the first minute, but other than that. No. 

This I wouldn’t mind. It might slow down the start of missions, but a screen where you can see everyone’s load out and then change your own before starting the mission might be helpful.

5 hours ago, sam686 said:

Arsenal can be a specific location, like near extraction area, mostly for endless and free roam missions.

There are 2 reasons, maybe 3, that I want access to arsenal in a middle of mission.

1. Public matchmaking might result in 3 or 4 players all using the same Warframes, like Frost Prime. Not possible to change arsenal when joined mid game. I kind of don't want to use recruitment as it is too slow.

3. Bugs that fail to see changes to Arsenal. https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1134118-video-arsenal-gear-wheel-dragon-key-problem-fails-to-equip-or-not-equip/

Add mandatory countdown for joining a public match with option to rush. This will give players a chance to change thier own loadout and view squadmate(s) loadout before fully loading into match. 

Right now, you can see other players loadouts very briefly when joining a pub match. It's an instant join and locks controls but sometimes you can change your warframe if you are quick enough. Sometimes you can pause it before the match starts. I pause it often to wait for other players but mostly to try and avoid Frost users. 

Maybe rather than being able to do this at any part of the mission, it can be before the mission actually "starts." Like before you hack a panel during Survival, before you get close to the radius of the thing you're defending during defense missions, before anyone kills an enemy during exterminate mission, etc.

Or maybe, you can only access the arsenal  when you're in the radius of the spawn point.

Edited by (NSW)1kSakura

I say we can only change them once per session and changing them after  x minute(s) after spawning in will cost you 1 revive or a penalty (like your second Warframe will start off with 0 energy instead of the usual 100 energy after you load into the mission).