Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How was warframe in early years compared to now?

Tenno76856

11 hours ago, NigglesAU said:

Has it become better?

It became worse.

We had everything we could have ever wanted: 1 title set, Grineer speaking english, sliding only took you 5m forward, drums as the only music, stamina bar, no verticality, no ships, blocky UI, slow movement, no melee combos: only 1-3 quick melee attacks...

was the sarcasm thicc enough or do I have to amp it up?

29 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

I gave it a try back in the early days, can't remember the exact version but it was some time in the late 2013/early 2014. TBH I don't even remember much about it except that it was super bland and I quit after couple of hours.

can agree with u i played from release tho missed braton p in market sadly back then,   gui was stg ncie, kinda dark , edgy, have that stg that can keep u pinned to display. but  it was     rly stg that  didnt offer anything at best, it was  rly plain, if u tried be sneaky u can snipe with bows etc,   from start it was fun, to make stealth runs, but over time it got borring rly fast so i stopped at update 5.5 vanilla. then returned on Trin PA in the middle and game was insane, coudnt recall anything  from before, and was   to op, Amazing what DE made to this game.   Memories fellow tenno,stg we should  cherish to someday tell others   how our road was in  age of myths xD

6 hours ago, Cubewano said:

If your focus is gameplay then you are correct in your concern of the game being dumbed down, Warframe has improved in a great many ways since it's earlier years of existence, from visual designs to story delivery to frame mechanics, but I would be remiss to say the combat experience didn't suffer in turn. Power creep has become effectively a staple in this game, one of close to no regulation at this point, and you really don't have to look far in the forums to see people constantly at odds over the games current balance state because it's become so polarizing between people who want complex play and people who just want to mindlessly plow through enemies with a single ability or macro where melee is involved. We currently lean hard into the later, and more and more so each passing year. What an organized group could do in the earlier stages of Warframe single frames can achieve now to much greater effect, and generally content only needs a single person to cleave through with extreme over kill while the rest of a team can (willfully or not) just sit back and observe whoever is the self designated hard carry of that mission. The most complexity you'll get is learning how systems work, and from there on it's mostly just following very cookie cutter generic builds and tools (or being made irrelevant by those using them) and watching everything be deleted before your eyes because enemies aren't really difficult or threatening anymore at really any stage, they're all just wet paper to plow through. 

Maybe this will change in the coming years because Destiny is posing more of a explicit threat, but presently I would say this game has done more regressing it's combat design than evolving it as it has grown, and with no present sign of a willingness to change it, even for how often they acknowledge it as something they should do something about. 

As a new person to the game, but not mmos, I found the eidolons pretty complex to be honest. I haven't even touched profit taker yet.

The operator system is amazing too. It gives me something to work toward and I had to watch some videos to even understand it.

I plan on unlocking all passive ways so I'll be playing for awhile. The synergy between operator and frame is amazing and has potential to be incredibly fun, OP, and rewarding. 

Well, it's in it's seventh straight year of failing if you read into the forums too much. 

The mechanics and rules of how events and systems work is still better explained in wikis than in game if that's what you mean by "dumbing down". Then no, it's just as hard figuring out what to do as a new player as ever. If a player does manage to stick around and build up meta gear it becomes a walk in the park and will never be challenging again.

Which it had always done. It didn't magically get worse, just better documented.

If you kept up with the given meta of the year, it was always leaps and bounds more powerful than the content given.

2 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

As a new person to the game, but not mmos, I found the eidolons pretty complex to be honest. I haven't even touched profit taker yet.

The operator system is amazing too. It gives me something to work toward and I had to watch some videos to even understand it.

I plan on unlocking all passive ways so I'll be playing for awhile. The synergy between operator and frame is amazing and has potential to be incredibly fun, OP, and rewarding. 

Yes, as a new person some things might seem complex until you get used to the games systems, but after you learn the systems as noted everything does become rather cookie cutter. Eidolons may seem complex because you aren't familiar with their designs, but that's not true complexity, that's just a lack of familiarity. Walking is complex until you learn how to do it, so is speech, but once it's acquired it isn't a difficult feat to utilize or keep up with, that's Warframe, once you learn the steps that's pretty much all there is to it, the play isn't very flexible or reactive past that.

Then the operator system is literally just a stretched out grind blocked behind timed limitations to your ability to progress it for bonuses that are mostly inconsequential and two or three that are default based on content. Not complex either, just unfamiliar. 

I didn't say this game wasn't grindy, it's super grindy, but it's gameplay has only been getting watered down over the years to the point everything is pretty much a one shot and the only level of remotely reactive/complex play is bosses with specialized restrictions to keep out some of those watered down gameplay aspects that make combat close to irrelevant, and even then the options are sparse and not particularly complex, just more so than instantly clearing rooms with impunity. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NigglesAU said:

When warframe was released, i only spent like a handful of hours (messed missed around) in it before i gave up and came back start of this year and racked up huge number of hours. Love it. Dont remember early days - how has warframe changed since early days? 

Has it become better? . i know they want to make it more accessible to new players, but what i am worried about it being "dumbed down" to try appeal to a broader demographic . Not that its hard to play, just a lot of stuff to do and understand . hope you know what i mean 🙂

I remember the very 1st fomorian invasion, back then there weren't enough players to protect a relay and we lost quite a few, the playerbase was tiny back then on ps4, and 8 out of 10 of people you would ask probably had never heard of warframe, i am one of the few people i know to have finished operation gatecrash and cryotic front on my friends list, the game is niche now, but it was even nicheier (Idk if thats a word) back then