Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get some non-reflective ~~colors~~ Edit: err I meant *texture customizations?

Maka.Bones

In a recent devstream, I think steve said that people have been asking for metallic colors/texture customizations.  So I was wondering if we could also get porous or non-reflective colors/textures as well. 

Sorta like the new "Vantablack" that they painted on that new BMW. It's made out of nano-tubes that helps it absorb light. 

The reason this originally came up is because whenever we color something "black" it always makes the texture/fabric look like leather. That leathery sheen does look very nice when that's what we're looking for in fashion frame, but it doesn't work well when trying to look something ghost-like (i'm trying to make wisp look more ethereal/ghost like--for halloween--by inverting the sources & reflection of light/shadow)

aa5a7a1098.jpg

Transparent textures/fabrics would also be neat. Like how one of Octavia's Tennogen skins has sorta transparent "pigtails" or Nekros Deluxe auxiliary cloths, or Nidus Deluxe skin's "Ghost arms"  ... Not sure how possible that would be for something like wisp's "robes" though. 

Edited by Maka.Bones
added a clip about how different colors will make different textures seem more reflective than others... by contrast

4 hours ago, KokoroWish said:

There is a current problem since the metallics rework though. Almost all materials across the game really took on this glossy, glassy sheen, and blacks really highlight it. They do need to do a full materials pass.

That's something Steve tweeted about mid September post Saint of Altra feedback and changes, so I'm hoping next devstream they say something about it.

On another note, they were working on a system to change materials although no promises are made yet.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

Reflection doesn't depend on the color. It depends on the base material where its applied to. If you're applying black to metal, it'll reflect.

Ok. In that case I'd like a non-reflective option please, like the "Vantablack" carbon nanotube paint. 

There was a suggestion for metallic colors/textures. So why not also non-metallic? Hyper reflective, as well as porous or light-absorbant (non-reflective) materials. 

Thanks for correcting that it's based on materials. Though it still doesn't change that I'm asking for this type of customization option for fashion-frame. 

Edit: also I wasn't applying black onto a metallic material... i was applying it to wisp's "clothes" which gave it a leather-like sheen instead of cloth-like. That's the type of reflection/non reflection that i meant. It's much easier to notice it when it's black, because the reflective light becomes contrasted. Hence why I was asking for non-reflective textures/materials/colors like "vantablack. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

Even non-metallic surfaces still have some sort of light reflection. I'm just trying to invert the sources of light and shadow, almost like an ultraviolet theme. But by completely removing normal surface reflection, it also makes her look more incorporeal.

Edited by Maka.Bones

It's not like Anthem is THE ONLY EVER game that has offered materials customization (Btw I didn't know anthem had this, since I've yet to play it. I was just asking for non-reflective color options).

And if the only thing that anthem has to redeem itself, or to be recognized by, is texture customizations... that shows how bad of a game it is. A good game wouldn't lose its identity/value because other games also add more customization options. Plus I thought Anthem's gimmick was based around piloting flying robots

Edited by Maka.Bones